BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

Depends if want a dashcam just to be a dashcam or like some want to produce Youtube epics about not much.

It is adequate for what it is designed for without being wonderful There are other makes with all the bits you need
Thanks Hillbilly, yes it's only for dash cam use (my cars cloaking device seems to be stuck on ;-) so no one can see me!) if the dash cam can read number plates while car is moving, that is great. As for making YouTube epics.. I'll have to dig out the old video camera for that..

Yes, I've got it up and running no problem... just not as good as I had hoped :(
Hi guys I really don't where I am or where I should be to post or ask a question ,I just found the site I'm just trying to get info on a new DR550GW I just ordered from Amazon. And I'm needing to know if I can use my Wifi laptop for monitoring? W7 os.
Thanks

Hi guys I really don't where I am or where I should be to post or ask a question ,I just found the site I'm just trying to get info on a new DR550GW I just ordered from Amazon. And I'm needing to know if I can use my Wifi laptop for monitoring? W7 os.
Thanks
Yes I use my Vaio tablet and a Samsung Ace+ Ok

Thanks for the reply Hillbilly. My other question would be are the two devices connecting with each other or do I need an internet connection to communicate between the camera and the pc laptop to monitor what's going on?

Thanks for the reply Hillbilly. My other question would be are the two devices connecting with each other or do I need an internet connection to communicate between the camera and the pc laptop to monitor what's going on?

No WIFI is a connection between two devices in a local network so they connect directly in this instance

Wireless internet is where you connect to the outside world without wires

Just bought blackvue 550, found out it knocks my DAB radio not working something to do with rear cam cable not shied well enough.this is a major problem my supplier knows nothing about the problem what do I do now

Shift the cable away from aerial Is a known problem if you read through the DR550 threads

Has anyone bought a DR550GW and got it operating the way it should without all those problems. What gives with this company letting a product loose on the market with so, so, , many complaints ??

Business as usual ROFLMAO

In fairness you cant expect them to cover every eventuality in every make and model of car.

It could be your DAB is at fault but more likely the camera cable not shielded enough as has been already discussed in several threads

Last edited:
Hi
I am very new here n also to blackvue dashcam.And I m presently living in singapore.

I just bought a dr550 and it is in Korean firmware including the viewer.

As I know there is a way to convert it to full English firmware n viewer.

And by converting it to English ,will the GPS ,time zone n wifi automatically switch to my region as well?

Can anyone here please kindly guide me through this conversion.or can send me a link to the tutorial of the conversion software n steps.

Please,please,please.

Thank you in advance

Hi
I am very new here n also to blackvue dashcam.And I m presently living in singapore.

I just bought a dr550 and it is in Korean firmware including the viewer.

As I know there is a way to convert it to full English firmware n viewer.

And by converting it to English ,will the GPS ,time zone n wifi automatically switch to my region as well?

Can anyone here please kindly guide me through this conversion.or can send me a link to the tutorial of the conversion software n steps.

Please,please,please.

Thank you in advance

A read through the threads about 550 is beneficial Heres the link for the umpteenth time http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=321.0

You have to set ANY camera up to your time zone in the setup You are changing the language which is used worldwide so it still wont know where you are will it.

You can download a manual from the Pittasoft/Blackvue site

Firstly Thk for ur prompt reply.is the a tutorial steps by step on how to change to English firmware.i try to read out the link u provide but couldn't really understand.

Maybe I m stupid.please guide me on where I can see those steps for converting.

Thk u

Just bought blackvue 550, found out it knocks my DAB radio not working something to do with rear cam cable not shied well enough.this is a major problem my supplier knows nothing about the problem what do I do now
Look here...
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/550-interference-with-dab-radio.2860/
In essence, there are no permanent fixes, move the cable, add ferrites to the rear cam end and hope! Pittasoft did state there fb page that the are working on a shielded cable.... but you'll probably have to pay for it.

Hi

I just need to convert the Korean firmware to English
And the time zone.the link u send me is the interference of the radio

Firstly Thk for ur prompt reply.is the a tutorial steps by step on how to change to English firmware.i try to read out the link u provide but couldn't really understand.

Maybe I m stupid.please guide me on where I can see those steps for converting.

Thk u
Here then its all there http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=257.50

I haven't got one so have never done it Others have figured it out so I guess you can Join that forum and ask your questions there

Ok I will try.thk. If any kind soul have successfully convert a dr550 from Korean to English,pls kindly post here the tutorial step by step here.

Thk u

Hi
I have try but no tutorial of converting dr550 to English firmware

Back