I'm having trouble logging in on dashcam talk.
How much is the new lens and how to order?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Read your Forum Private messages please.

Created new A119S - STABLE version 2Vf with lower 22Mbps Bit Rate to reduce file sizes with same image quality as 4Vf.
See post #1 of thread for details and ChangeLog.

FWA119S_MOD-6Vf_v4.02B+26Mbps+Sharp506070+Edge138+DCTeam.bin
FWA119S_MOD-4Vf_v4.02B+24Mbps+Sharp506070+Edge138+DCTeam.bin
FWA119S_MOD-2Vf_v4.02B+22Mbps+Sharp506070+Edge138+DCTeam.bin
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I6hawkLiEsQSv6IamPRWkchXX3-o8j-j
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Quick note: Made several minor revisions to A119S Vf series, to confirm newest load MOD :
1) then while recording press MIC button = ico_233-v2.png appears
2) enter MENU > Language > select Deutsch = German text appears
If one or both fail download fresh copy.
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I6hawkLiEsQSv6IamPRWkchXX3-o8j-j

Customized versions of all Modified Firmware available upon request.
Including official Firmware with only MIC icon changed.
Contact BCHobbyist in Forum post or click Avatar logo for private conversation, or at https://www.youtube.com/user/bchobbyist

Here is the First Clip of Old Cam with New Lens and New CPL:

Stock Firmware v2.61
1080P 60fps
60hz
ev=0

Clip #1

-----------------------------------------------------
Same Cam previous "Bad" Lens couple days Prior:
Same Settings NO CPL

Clip #2

------------------------------------------------------
New Cam
Same Day as Clip #1
Modified Firmware: FWA119S_MOD-6Nn_v4.02+26Mbps+Sharp435363+Edge158+Hue148+Sat36+Audio22+DCTEAM
New CPL

Clip #3

---------------------------------------------------

I am now ready for some better mod testing. I just wish this rain would let up. Its getting bad around here with all the flooding.

Thank you. I'll try.
If not...I had a stoke and haven't regained my left hand fine motor movement.

If there is anyone on here who would let me send then my front AND rear cameras and install the new lenses, for pay of course, please let me know.
Thank you.

@TxDoc are you in Texas? If so, where? I'm in the Austin area and if you are close by I could stop by or meet someplace sometime and replace a lens for you should you get one. Feel Free to Private Message me should you need to.

Here is the First Clip of Old Cam with New Lens and New CPL:

Stock Firmware v2.61 / 1080P 60fps / 60hz / ev=0
Clip #1
-----------------------------------------------------
Same Cam previous "Bad" Lens couple days Prior: Same Settings NO CPL
Clip #2
------------------------------------------------------
New Cam
Same Day as Clip #1
Modified Firmware: FWA119S_MOD-6Nn_v4.02+26Mbps+Sharp435363+Edge158+Hue148+Sat36+Audio22+DCTEAM
New CPL
Clip #3
---------------------------------------------------
I am now ready for some better mod testing. I just wish this rain would let up. Its getting bad around here with all the flooding.
Good comparisons showing no blurry left-side (alignment) with replacement Lens. Had to turn right in my chair when viewing your previous Test Footage, you've now solved that problem thanks! Too bad about the rain storms hope it clears soon. Skip all the 6N series Beta MODs, the DCTeam should all download the newest Stable Vf series. Seeking as much footage as possible under all conditions including rain. Night clips desired as well for all three Bit Rates. Parking lot static photos and video for comparisons plus narrow streets with cars both sides for plate readability test.
Oh! on a clear blue sky day with sun behind, special request for that same Highway on ramp route, it will look amazing.

Last edited:
@TxDoc are you in Texas? If so, where? I'm in the Austin area and if you are close by I could stop by or meet someplace sometime and replace a lens for you should you get one. Feel Free to Private Message me should you need to.
Thank you. I'll PM you.[emoji4]

Got some new goodies today.

A new lens for my A119s with the bad lens. :cool:
It appears to be different yet from the other lenses I have. :eek: Still need to collect footage with it though to know what differences there really are.

View attachment 42595
Lens on the right is the old "Bad" lens; the lens on the left is the "New"

The "New" lens looks like a V2 lens, but with a metal holder instead. Maybe a new 'V4' lens?

Apparently, the v1.01 firmware doesn't work with sd cards over 64 GB!
Bought an 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro today (for more intensive testing, of course) and while the cam successfully (?) formatted it, it actually didn't write anything on it.
I did finally manage to use it, after partially formatting the card to 64 GB with MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Can anyone confirm the dashcam works with larger than 64GB cards (maybe later firmware versions)?

I just bought a 128 GB memory card and it's working good. Sandisk A1 Ultra.

Well yeah, that SanDisk Extreme Pro card was fake... :(

The A119S has gone through more Lens & Holder changes than all other models. The DCTeam is testing all the Lenses to determine best focus (center & edge), brightness, color, field of view.
These replacement Lenses are both F1.6 one with anti-reflection coating the other brighter without, held by the improved metal base which the A129 started using to eliminate high temperature focus drift/shift.
For DCTeam reference suggest using Lens1 & Lens2 ID. The actual horizontal field of view on Lens1 = 97-100 degrees.

DCTeam-A119S-Lens1+Lens2.png

Last edited:
I know the general consensus is that WDR should be turned off but while parking at night it seems to be beneficial.

Attachments

• WDR Off.jpg
    WDR Off.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 26
  • WDR On.jpg
    WDR On.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 26
I know the general consensus is that WDR should be turned off but while parking at night it seems to be beneficial.
Great example of WDR brighten shadows in low light, thanks for the comparison, nice tip for Parking Mode users.
Wide Dynamic Range is excellent feature for DSL cameras on a tripod, perfect for Dashcam parking mode. Creates increased motion blur when moving.

I have a new lens coming from Viofo and not sure which one it will be I presume the one used on the A129 with the metal base?

Great example of WDR brighten shadows in low light, thanks for the comparison, nice tip for Parking Mode users.
Wide Dynamic Range is excellent feature for DSL cameras on a tripod, perfect for Dashcam parking mode. Creates increased motion blur when moving.
It would be a good idea for Viofo to implement activating WDR in parking mode or at least have a user selectable option.

Back