There are many more, download new copy of Menu-MOD to see the Future!

Well the Wacky Weekend MOD is back due to popular demand.
This weekend is featuring MENU Hacking 101.
The game is to see who can find the most modifications within this Menu-MOD-5E v2.61, only the very bravest should attempt this challenge, winner gets FREE Logo added to their favorite firmware.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1il-CbgLY3M4UVdNMXXwW3U8tt2effM0j

Last edited:
Apparently, the v1.01 firmware doesn't work with sd cards over 64 GB!
Bought an 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro today (for more intensive testing, of course) and while the cam successfully (?) formatted it, it actually didn't write anything on it.
I did finally manage to use it, after partially formatting the card to 64 GB with MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Can anyone confirm the dashcam works with larger than 64GB cards (maybe later firmware versions)?

I agree, 1.01 is visually better. Hopefully full access to 2.61 can be figured out or settings provided by viofo to bring it up to par. It would be nice to just focus on current (and future) FW.

I felt the need to have to join clips to show what I wanted. There were times when I needed a few seconds extra here or there but it was in a different clip. I also prefer to keep my settings at either 3m or 5m clips so I don't have a huge list on the card. I was already using Registrator Viewer since it makes it very easy to cut clips down to 1m and erase audio if necessary. Might as well use it to join them as well. Now that I know that there is no overlay in the clips themselves, I was able to figure it out once you mentioned merge settings. I just set it to 0 milliseconds as a first test, from default 1000, and the gap went away.

Some of these clips were joined together, but you'll never know now. :D

Night comparison between 1.01 7Hb and 2.61 7K. Different nights, but surprisingly almost identical times.

Corydon:
7Hb: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OsI9YoCW74NqP6e6VGXuyhD0UJirnQ-2
7K: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ac2CKPgVVVqiiI9PQD2O2c84s1ego7SF

Osborne:
7Hb: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JGT7b7SRG1MlZ2F8wh-kxcWcLxrfW2xI
7K: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x_6P-K7LmNuXdJG0Qq9Wb60OqMErmL-e

The quality difference here is kind of shocking! 7K looks like it's being shown on an old CRT TV covered in static from antenna reception. Not to say it's bad, it's still very good for night video. I think it kind of provides more usable picture, especially on the peripherals where you can see more of what's going on on the sidewalks (Corydon), whereas 7Hb tends to be darker. But in terms of actual picture quality, to me there's no comparison.
Excellent Night footage comparing v2.61 - v1.01 easy to notice the differences. Both offer IQ for different preferences, realisitic or extreme detail for accident evidence. Glad we now have a choice.
Good work tweaking Registrator Viewer merge/join setting to '0' instead of 1000, as with any program, always tweak the settings for improved functionality.
If any Dashcam can be improved by replacing the Lens or Firmware Modification it becomes a DIY Project and possible future revision to the device by the manufacturer.
I don't know if you classify receiving a perfectly focused Lens with missing mounting screws as an improvement?
Has anyone been sent this new A129 metal Lens base as a replacement for the plastic?

Apparently, the v1.01 firmware doesn't work with sd cards over 64 GB!
Bought an 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro today (for more intensive testing, of course) and while the cam successfully (?) formatted it, it actually didn't write anything on it.
I did finally manage to use it, after partially formatting the card to 64 GB with MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Can anyone confirm the dashcam works with larger than 64GB cards (maybe later firmware versions)?

There are many DVR owners that use SanDisk memory cards, I avoid them for dashcam use. Looking through the Firmware code there are many sections which test for SDXC memory format. If the specific brand isn't detected correctly you must manually Format to FAT32 on a computer. All other memory cards can be formatted directly inside the dashcam as shown in video. Suggest Formatting all new SDXC cards TWICE! The older v1.01 won't have the newest SDXC table values which can be confirmed by updating to v2.61 and note if detected.

Last edited:
Nope, firmware v2.6 do not work with this card, as well. Anyone can confirm other brands 128GB card working with this cam?
In both firmwares, the cam correctly format the card to 128GB fat32, write an empty DCIM folder, but nothing in it.

Nope, firmware v2.6 do not work with this card, as well. Anyone can confirm other brands 128GB card working with this cam?
In both firmwares, the cam correctly format the card to 128GB fat32, write an empty DCIM folder, but nothing in it.
Many use 128GB cards in A119S for parking mode coverage, brands differ but generally few use SanDisk due to their different controller chip.
Since you own the card try a few different Formatting tools such as:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

This is a clip from the now working A119S. I think the blur is still there. That issue was never fully addressed after the ribbon debacle. I may get to that eventually but still can test out mods in the meantime. I only muted the audio (To Many Foul Words) in the video editor and selected a mpeg 25k bitrate for the output.

Parking Lot Clip

My tests so far show that too much sharpness (and/or framerate) and not enough bitrate gives blockiness and 'mosquito' artefacts that ultimately greatly decrease car number plates legibility (more so at a distance).
Therefore, to some extent, we can actually increase numbers readability by reducing sharpness.

There are many more, download new copy of Menu-MOD to see the Future!

Well the Wacky Weekend MOD is back due to popular demand.
This weekend is featuring MENU Hacking 101.
The game is to see who can find the most modifications within this Menu-MOD-5E v2.61, only the very bravest should attempt this challenge, winner gets FREE Logo added to their favorite firmware.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LFXqHzRZiNozOkEcggFslt9AsOhleApC

There are changes! The Names have changed but the functions are still the same

MENU Hooliganism = 27 changes

Video Hooliganism
Resolution < DTeam
Loop Recording < 1-3min
Exposure < DTCrew
Parking Mode < Finally!
5fps<
Auto Calibration < ADD! << A119S current Firmware already includes this feature but HIDDEN
Brightness < ADD!
Sharpness < ADD! << A119S current Firmware already includes this feature but HIDDEN << done by MODs
Saturation < ADD! << A119S current Firmware already includes this feature but HIDDEN << done by MODs
Contrast < ADD! << A119S current Firmware already includes this feature but HIDDEN
White Balance < ADD! << A119S current Firmware already includes this feature but HIDDEN
Low Sensitivity<
Date Stamp <<>>
GPS Info Stamp < BAH!
Speed < DOH!
Screen Saver < Posse
Boot Delay < Finally!
Date/Time <<>>
Beep Sound < BAD!
Startup Sound Only<
Frequency < Set
Format Warning < BAD!
Default Setting < YES!
Car Number = Text
Firmware Version < MOD
A119_v2.61-5E+25Mbps

Download Menu-MOD to see the future: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1il-CbgLY3M4UVdNMXXwW3U8tt2effM0j

Last edited:
in the properties of the file a lot of changes, including,
bitrate: permanent
Audio:
224 Kbps,
2 channels,
48.0 KHz

in the properties of the file a lot of changes, including,
bitrate: permanent
Audio:
224 Kbps,
2 channels,
48.0 KHz
Most owners don't know all the A129 dual camera settings have been inside the A119S from the beginning just disabled for the different chipset and mainboard support. A year ago found the Wifi ip address to connect to DVR inside FW v2.0 There are dozens of features and settings all HIDDEN from user Menu. Adding the ones above would be very helpful. We'll just continue creating more MODs to compensate.

Just awful
aeffded5eb4742e5d28bd67fcb1f1f94.gif

Безымянный.png

Not only is this an Excellent Logo @5.07KB but makes a great Forum Avatar @89.4KB people will fear & respect.

As is MOD tradition, I've taken your improvements and modded your MOD. -2 to Sharpness, and -1 Edge detection!

Logo Bold 640.jpg

If this works, I'll take this as my future splash screen good sir.

Back