Buffered Parking mode

Years ago when I had aftermarket car alarms I would test/adjust the shock sensor by hitting the windshield with the bottom of my fist rather hard.

They would not go off if car was rocked or pushing down on bumper, otherwise alarm would go off everytime a truck or bus drove by or it was very windy.

Shock sensor while driving will lock the file if accident happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the same type of alarm on my old car and years ago I've adjusted the sensor on same way,to go off when I hit the window with the bottom of my fist.It was a pain till I found the perfect spot,because it can go off with a motorcycle passing by if is not adjusted properly.

I've had 9 different cams from 7 different manufacturers, and only one of them had a G-sensor function which met with my approval. Others were too sensitive or not sensitive enough, with some apparently not functioning at all even when you 'thumped' the cam heavily from any direction moving the whole darn thing and the mount. Others who have the exact same cam and firmware sometimes experienced vastly different results than mine. Motion detect functions work similarly. Only a few cam manufacturers get this correct and they stand out from the rest because of that. Apparently this is not an easy thing to do well or that wouldn't happen.

It has always been like this with dashcams so I would not be expecting much different with this one. Low bitrate parking modes are by far a better alternative because you cannot miss anything with them always recording and since you've got that option with this one, that is what I recommend you use.

Phil

Here's a recent post (Tuesday) from another "unhappy Viofo A129" user on Viofo's own website forum. - - The poster (Alshamal) seems to be saying the "exact same thing" many people on this thread have expressed. "Why are things taking so long and it's clear that A129 users are taking a backseat to new Viofo products!!!"

And notice that he was told by Viofo the next corrected firmware for the A129 "might be coming out in October!"...lol - - I said somewhere earlier that we'll be lucky if the problem was fixed within 2 months from Oct. 2nd - - so, November 2nd at the Earliest!!! - - Now Alshamal thinks it "will never happen". - - I tend to be in agreement with Alshamal!!!

Attachments

• Lots of Unhappy Viofo Customers.JPG
    Lots of Unhappy Viofo Customers.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
No, but was just pointing out that I believe they posted that information not too long after it was posted here. It would appear they read what they wrote on this forum (or were also the user to post the info here). I'm active on both forums and sometimes it's easy to recognize users on the Viofo forum that are also on here. Sometimes they use the same name, sometimes not.

Last edited:
No, but was just pointing out that I believe they posted that information not too long after it was posted here. It would appear they read what they wrote on this forum. I'm active on both forums and sometimes it's easy to recognize users on the Viofo forum that are also on here. Sometimes they use the same name, sometimes not.

I seldom go to Viofo's forum. I went there today as I was researching g-sensors in dash cams. I have a login there, but as I said, I almost never go there. - - Incidentally, you answered one of my questions on the Viofo forum long ago to which I gave you thanks. - -Anyway, as I recall, someone on the Viofo forum suggested that the poster I mentioned above (Alshamal) come to this forum for more information. But conjecturing about who that person is really serves no purpose.

And for guys like Jokiin, who on occasion works in the same town as Viofo, who think the g-sensor works, I could clearly see that TonyM reported the g-sensor sensitivity problem to Viofo long, long ago!!! (Feb. 2019???) - - This problem is not a surprise to anyone unless they want to pretend!!! - - And so the wait continues for guys like Alshamal, Old64, CaptnEric, me and many others while Viofo works on bringing to market their new upcoming A129Pro! - - This is a new business paradigm for Viofo: "Treat your existing custormers poorly and grow your business!" - - Let's see how this works out for Viofo.

Attachments

• g-sensor sensitiviy problem reported months ago!!! - Still waiting for Solution....JPG
    g-sensor sensitiviy problem reported months ago!!! - Still waiting for Solution....JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
And for guys like Jokiin, who on occasion works in the same town as Viofo, who think the g-sensor works, I could clearly see that TonyM reported the g-sensor sensitivity problem to Viofo long, long ago!!! (Feb. 2019???)

sensitivity, the G-Sensor works, just the sensitivity is too low, get it right, if you report the G-Sensor as not working it will get taken at face value, they'll try it and see that it does work and think you don't know what you're doing

if you want to get it fixed you need to make sure the message is clear, the sensitivity is lower than what you want and that's what needs adjusting

sensitivity, the G-Sensor works, just the sensitivity is too low, get it right, if you report the G-Sensor as not working it will get taken at face value, they'll try it and see that it does work and think you don't know what you're doing

if you want to get it fixed you need to make sure the message is clear, the sensitivity is lower than what you want and that's what needs adjusting

If someone buys a brand new coffeemaker, and it doesn't work, it sounds like you would be inclined to say, "It just needs a little adjusting". Wereas I would say, "I don't care what is causing the coffeemaker not to work, I just want it to work, period!" - - It's not my job to know anything technical about the coffeemaker; I just need to be able to follow simple operational instructions so that I can get a cup of coffee.

Viofo has known long, long ago (Feb-2019?) that the sensitivity levels on their A129 Duo do not work in parking mode. TonyM clearly reported this fact to them (per my post above). We could all see it! - - And when that technical issue is not fixed, the dash cam g-sensor in parking mode does not work!!! - - But you pretend that Viofo is unaware that there is a "sensitivity problem" with the A129!!! - - Pleeeaaassseee!!!! They've known about this issue forever!!!

The reason Viofo has not solved "our problem" is they really don't consider us "existing customers" as being very important to them. Viofo has placed this problem on the back-burner, while they try to do something that could make their cash-registers ring again, ie, a new product (A129 Pro)! - - If any other Company did this, their sales would plummet. - - Let's see what happens with Viofo.

all I'm pointing out is that you need to be very specific in your feedback, things get taken literally, if you say the G-Sensor doesn't work in parking mode an engineer will look at it and see that it does work and think the report is wrong, or you have a faulty product, they won't get that the sensitivity is all wrong, don't leave things open to interpretation when trying to get a problem fixed

I'm only saying this so you have a better chance of getting what you want, if the message isn't precise you'll face an uphill battle, keep in mind English is a second language, I get what you're saying but it will easy be misunderstood, that's all

all I'm pointing out is that you need to be very specific in your feedback, things get taken literally, if you say the G-Sensor doesn't work in parking mode an engineer will look at it and see that it does work and think the report is wrong, or you have a faulty product, they won't get that the sensitivity is all wrong, don't leave things open to interpretation when trying to get a problem fixed

I'm only saying this so you have a better chance of getting what you want, if the message isn't precise you'll face an uphill battle, keep in mind English is a second language, I get what you're saying but it will easy be misunderstood, that's all

Jokiin-

I appreciate your efforts in making sure Viofo understands the "real problem" with the A129 Duo parking modes. - - But I know Bill Zhou is aware of the "real problem" as we've discussed it many times; plus it has been talked about endlessly on this thread. When people say their A129 g-sensor "does not work" in Buffered Parking Mode or in Low Bitrate Parking Mode, Bill Zhou, Viofo and their engineers all know the "real issue": "g-Sensor Sensitivity". Unfortunately, this problem will remain until well after the new A129 Pro hits the market. - - Then Viofo just might find some time to work on the "sensitivity issues" with the A129...just might be Christmas time if we are lucky!

Is parking mode g-sensor officially advertised for the A129, or is it just advertised as having g-sensor?

G-sensor works fine in driving mode.

I don't see anything saying g-sensor parking mode, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
e699ef3849019c345563c1561fb801c8.jpg

Is parking mode g-sensor officially advertised for the A129, or is it just advertised as having g-sensor?

G-sensor works fine in driving mode.

I don't see anything saying g-sensor parking mode, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
e699ef3849019c345563c1561fb801c8.jpg

It's funny, isn't it, how the "regular fan-boys/shills" for Viofo jump on posts like yours and "like them" all day long? We all know, and you all know who I'm talking about...lol

The fact is, Bill Zhou, the spokesperson for Viofo spoke about g-senor in buffered parking mode months ago! - - Surely you guys can find posts of Bill Zhou specifically indicating that g-sensor works with parking mode. I'll give you a clue; check this thread. - - Furthermore, having g-sensor in "driving mode" is pretty much a useless feature! - - Do you really think you need a reminder from your dash cam/g-sensor that someone crashed into you???...lol

You need g-sensor in parking mode when you are "away from your car" and are clueless that someone bumped into your car.... That's when you need g-Sensor!!!

If I had not heard definitively from Viofo/Bill Zhou that the g-sensor was working with the A129, I would not have purchased it. - - AND if I had known what my first-hand experiences with so-called "customer support" with Viofo was going to be, I would not have purchased the A129. - - Future users of Viofo be forewarned!!!

Here's a recent post (Tuesday) from another "unhappy Viofo A129" user on Viofo's own website forum. - - The poster (Alshamal) seems to be saying the "exact same thing" many people on this thread have expressed. "Why are things taking so long and it's clear that A129 users are taking a backseat to new Viofo products!!!"

And notice that he was told by Viofo the next corrected firmware for the A129 "might be coming out in October!"...lol - - I said somewhere earlier that we'll be lucky if the problem was fixed within 2 months from Oct. 2nd - - so, November 2nd at the Earliest!!! - - Now Alshamal thinks it "will never happen". - - I tend to be in agreement with Alshamal!!!

Alshamal's mentioned in that thread that the his camera motion sensor is not working properly and his camera is constantly recording 45/60 seconds videos, so not everyone is having the same g-sensor issue. motion sensor doesn't seem to be a common issue for people with firmware 1.9. I think he need to do more testing on his end to determine if it's an issue with his environment or camera setup. the fix is not always the next firmware update.

They're are other choices coming to the market soon so I just may take Goofieguy"s suggestion and give mine away or set it up to take pictures of my driveway! I will make sure I don't buy another dashcam from a company that only includes a very limited manual and makes promises that it either can't accomplish or takes a very long time to do so. There's and old saying " You get what you pay for" and I guess I got caught in all the marketing on this purchase and forgot. One thing I do try and remember well is when I have issues with a product or service who it was with! :D

Oh, so they've talked about it as an updated feature on a forum, but it's not listed in any of the advertising for the unit that I've seen.

BS on the g-sensor being useless when driving. If in an accident that file will be locked and in a specific folder. Believe me, the dash cam video will be the least on your mind especially if the accident is bad enough and you or members of your family are taken away in an ambulance and your vehicle towed to a yard for a few days before you can get to it.

We know you're unhappy with the device and the lack of support from Viofo for this g-sensor parking mode sensitivity, but my god man, your copy and paste of the same two posts is getting really annoying.

I've said before, return it, sell it, or give it away and buy something else you'll be happy with and move on with your life.

I beleive the user on the Viofo forum is also a member here, but under a different name.
That's correct it's me!
Any advice on the best motion detection settings to avoid hundreds of 45 second recordings of birds flying bye or leaves blowing about ! That I haven't already ready tried would be greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
That's correct it's me!
Any advice on the best motion detection settings to avoid hundreds of 45 second recordings of birds flying bye or leaves blowing about ! That I haven't already ready tried would be greatly appreciated !

Sdeel7491-

Old64 recently asked a very similar question to gabbylongo from Spain. Funny enough or not, neither he nor anyone else replied to old64's nicely worded questions.... what a shame!

Let me give you one idea that you'll want to do for sure, and another that I haven't perfected yet, but I have given it some thought today. - - First of all, keep your motion detection on Low sensitivity if you choose to use that mode. The alternative, which I'm not personally crazy about, is to have your camera recording all the time in low bitrate parking mode. By having your settings on low for "auto motion detection" you should get less positives.

Here's my "out of the box" idea for what to do for the birds and trees blowing in the wind. make a small semicircle cap that fits the top of both front and rear cameras...I'm not sure the best material to use for this: paper, plastic? One might even consider putting a piece of dark tape on tops...as long as the sticky side doesn't touch the lens... ??? - - Then put the semi-circle cover on the top of each camera. Your camera will then only detect motion in the lower half of the dash cam. This may be a slight hassle in terms of putting it on when you leave your car, and taking it off when you return, it may not be all that bad...And if you forget to put the cap on, nbd; you'll just have more false positives!

Btw, did you notice when CaptureYourAction mentioned that you might be a participant on both the Viofo forum and this forum that both SawMaster and Nigel posted a "Like" with laughter...just like 2 little kids who are clueless!!! Btw, what's the big deal if you participate on two or more forums? Lots of people do!

Let us know if we could be of more help. Some of us are more concerned in helping Viofo "customers" rather than helping the Viofo Company!

If it's me being called a shill someone might do well to look around before calling names- I have mentioned this issue to someone who asked about parking modes and this cam elsewhere on this site. And I've also noted my displeasure with problems I and others have with a different Viofo cam which were never really resolved. Yet I still feel that this is a good cam overall, and one I'd be happy to own if I weren't already flush with cams and having problems trying to figure out where to put them all. Further, those who know me well also know the problems I and so many others had with a different cam made by a guy named Dan who didn't deliver on his promises at all, which at least Viofo tries to do, and which he has a record of doing.

So no, neither a fanboy or a shill- but at least not a whiney cad who is so wrapped up in continuing this mess that he has lost sight of reality and has lost all concern for how his fellow members here may feel. You've said Viofo knows- why say more? Anyone who might need this information is certain to find it after it's been dragged out over numerous pages ad nauseum- why keep posting? And in all these pages of replies, nothing new has been added- you're just regurgitating one message as if that will somehow get you what you want sooner. How very childish. It's not going to get you what you want any sooner to continue this- Viofo is working on it and you can't speed that up. It's not going to help anyone else to continue this. All this is doing is detracting from the pleasure most of us get when we come to DCT where most members are nice and courteous and understanding that developing a cam takes time.

You will obviously never be happy with Viofo or this cam so why not return it? I'm certain he'll refund your money. I'd almost offer to buy the dang thing from you myself just to get you to stop harping about it and ruining everyone else's experience here on DCT because of that, even though I don't need another cam. In fact I doubt you'll ever be happy with any dashcam because none of them is perfect and never will be.

I click on "like" because I like those posts. I don't like yours but I have no "dislike" button to hit or I'd use it. I do have the "report" button but I'm not going to bother the site owner with this- he's got better things to do than play babysitter or referee over this mess you've created and continued without any concern over who it may be affecting and how. Others might wish to use that button though, and IMHO they would be well justified in so doing against what is arguably intentional spamming, and in that a violation of this site's rules.

I will leave you with this: I sincerely hope that you always get what you deserve knowing fully well that it won't be what you want. You deserve nothing less.

Phil

Back