70MAI Pro custom firmware.

I found how to enable WDR by v_max from 4pda

What you need
- FW 1.0.7CN
- FW 1.0.7NA
- Multipatch V5

1. Copy paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 to both Chinese and English FW
2. Install Chinese FW to your Dashcam
3. Resetting Dashcam to factory default and enable WDR in Advance Settings , you can use phone to google translate or this Link to navigate, don't forget to disable parking mode before turn off Dashcam in case you inadvertently turn it on
4. Install English FW with paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 DO NOT reset after this

After turning WDR on I found videos have increased in details and noise, Thanks again for your hard work nutsey.

These instructions are very helpful. If you are looking for an easy way to translate the menus and you are using an iPhone/iPad, there is free software from Microsoft that will do the job. It's called "Translator". You point your camera at the screen (in real-time) and press the camera icon that appears on the screen of the "Translator" app. It will instantly convert all of the Chinese text to English in a stil-frame. For those who want a cheat sheet, here are the instructions I wrote to navigate the Chinese v107 firmware.

== To Factory Reset ==
1. Press the big button on the 70mai (wake up)
2. Press the Right most button on the 70mai (select settings)
3. Press the 2nd Right most button 7 times (select factory settings)
4. Press the Right most button on the 70mai (enter factory settings)
5. Press the Right most button on the 70mai (to "Confirm")

== To Select Advanced Settings ==
1. Press the big button on the 70mai (wake up)
2. Press the Right most button on the 70mai (select settings)
3. Press the 2nd Right most button 5 times (select advanced settings)
4. Press the Right most button on the 70mai (enter the advanced settings menu)
5. When in advanced settings, you will see the words "WDR" (even in the Chinese menus). Use the Right most button and navigate to the first menu option. Then press the Right most button to toggle WDR to "on"

Is that for better handfling flickering from both 50 and 60 Hz power sources?

Recorded in the 60Hz area with N (NTSC) setting,
it seems that flicker control is properly performed with WDR in FL-tube lighting.
Thank you very much.

Translated UI text of Chinese 1.0.7 fw to English and added the V5 patch to it. There are some limitations for text strings length, but I suppose it's not a big deal for anyone.
70mai-cn2en.jpg

Translated UI text of Chinese 1.0.7 fw to English and added the V5 patch to it. There are some limitations for text strings length, but I suppose it's not a big deal for anyone.
View attachment 49939

Hello nutsey,

Tell me, this version have the time lapse correct ?

How about the voice language ?,, still in Chinese ?

Can you upload it to mega or other place with the V5 patch as option ?

Hello nutsey,

Tell me, this version have the time lapse correct ?

How about the voice language ?,, still in Chinese ?

Can you upload it to mega or other place with the V5 patch as option ?

Hi,
Yes this custom fw is based on the Chinese 1.0.7 with timelapse, HDR(WDR) and other features.
At the moment it has English UI text, English voice control and English sounds/alarms. The V5 Multipatch comes included into this fw. Will be released right after some final tests.

I downloaded and wanted to update and now I have a brick, I did everything like every time the format, update, I turned the right button on the webcam and the large camera blinked and turned on but does not respond to any button can not be turned off.

I downloaded and wanted to update and now I have a brick, I did everything like every time the format, update, I turned the right button on the webcam and the large camera blinked and turned on but does not respond to any button can not be turned off.
Was your device battery fully charged?

Happened to me a few times. It's probably because of the low battery on the device. Just hold for 30s-1m the power (long) button and it will turn off.

I managed to restore I discharged the batteries to zero and after recharging came to life I downloaded this Chinese software but I can not find 50/60 Hz I do not have in the application,

nutsey how would you write a table what settings to use?

I managed to restore I discharged the batteries to zero and after recharging came to life I downloaded this Chinese software but I can not find 50/60 Hz I do not have in the application,

nutsey how would you write a table what settings to use?
See my post above. If it doesn't start after shutting down, connect it to power and it will automatically start.
Chinese fw doesn't have 50/60Hz setting, because they use 60Hz only. Mainly European countries use 50Hz.

@nutsey thanks for the mod firmware
I manage to install it using @SuMMoN method, thank you

Dont know why using PAL from my phone the preview is lagged or framed, using NTSC the live view is smooth.
But the video it self is fine, both in PAL or NTSC.

My setting are 2560×1440 on h265 and wdr on.

Other question, whats is the normal video size for each interval time?
I feel the file size is bigger, since upgrading the firmware
Using default v1.0.5 with 1 minute interval the file sive average is 150mb,
After upgrading v1.0.7 :
1mnt : 210mb
2mnt : 430mb
3mnt : 600mb

Is this normal ?

Yes, it is. The bitrate value raises up to 35 Mbit/s if needed to preserve fine details and to avoid compression artifacts.
Ah i see,
Ok noted, thanks for the explaination

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I've just upgraded directly from Chinese stock 1.0.4 firmware to Custom 1.0.7v5 (2019-12-19) firmware.
Did full factory reset. HDR On.
The image quality are not as good as before. See my screenshots attached (notice how sharp the tree leaves are in stock firmware).

Another question: is it possible to make the camera connect to existing WiFi network in my car rather than starting its own WiFi?

Attachments

• stock1.jpg
    stock1.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 81
  • patched1.jpg
    patched1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 80
  • patched2.jpg
    patched2.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 76
  • stock2.jpg
    stock2.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 77
I've just upgraded directly from Chinese stock 1.0.4 firmware to Custom 1.0.7v5 (2019-12-19) firmware.
Did full factory reset. HDR On.
The image quality are not as good as before. See my screenshots attached (notice how sharp the tree leaves are in stock firmware).

Another question: is it possible to make the camera connect to existing WiFi network in my car rather than starting its own WiFi?
make sure the camera lense is clean also the car window glass. maybe you touched the camera lens with your fingers when you updated
why connect camera to car wifi?

I didn't remove the camera from mounting position during update, it's unlikely the lense is being touched.

I have a sophisticated 4G+WiFi with Raspberry Pi network in my car.
I'd like to write scripts/code to pull the videos from 70mai and upload it to cloud storage & broadcase a live stream of the RTSP feed as well. Hardcore stuffs. :)

Alternatively I have to plug another WiFi dongle to my RPi and connect to both networks at the same time. Do-able, but not the cleanest solution.

I didn't remove the camera from mounting position during update, it's unlikely the lense is being touched.

I have a sophisticated 4G+WiFi with Raspberry Pi network in my car.
I'd like to write scripts/code to pull the videos from 70mai and upload it to cloud storage & broadcase a live stream of the RTSP feed as well. Hardcore stuffs. :)

Alternatively I have to plug another WiFi dongle to my RPi and connect to both networks at the same time. Do-able, but not the cleanest solution.

Also I noticed that before in the stock you use the highest resolution and in the update you use a lower wide resolution which on the edges it does become less sharp...

Back