Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

why do i need parking mode when i can monitor my car with my car alarm>?

- when car during time when it's parked get scratched / hit and run, or any other illegal activity around your ( within FOV of dashcam ): car alarm will not help to catch bad guys. Dashcam has at least some possibility to record car model / colour / number plate ? ;)

Very true

It won't happened to me .. been driving 8 yrs. .( don't want to say too early)

Record both front and back ..NOTE 3 can do it. . It's enough for me. . And police took my evidence one time coz I record one accident.

So I guess it's good enough

Very true

It won't happened to me .. been driving 8 yrs. .( don't want to say too early)

Record both front and back ..NOTE 3 can do it. . It's enough for me. . And police took my evidence one time coz I record one accident.

So I guess it's good enough

Your driving record has nothing to do with parking, Idiots can smash into your car at any time, its out of your control. But anyway, nice app for a temporary set up if you don't have a real camera.

:)

This is a default camera and nothing can do even though you have dash cam or my Samsung! But I like this because it can capture my blind spot. . Both are good device... but I won't spend money on dash cam...

Last edited by a moderator:
dedication is a nice way to describe it......others might say, "He did WHAT? :eek:"

Being a car guy who likes to modify stuff, thats just the tip of the iceberg. I drove around for a few days with nothing in my car but the drivers seat and dash just so i could install some sound and vibration damper everywhere.

Being a car guy who likes to modify stuff, thats just the tip of the iceberg. I drove around for a few days with nothing in my car but the drivers seat and dash just so i could install some sound and vibration damper everywhere.
"He did WHAT? :eek:"

I can relate to that, I used to do high end car audio for many years

OK, back on topic. Just bought a Mobius to give it a run.
Mounted on a metal strip (meccano), with one end fixed under the sunvisor mounting point (so fixed solid to the roof).
The tripod mount of the Mobius was secured using a plastic number plate screw, trimmed to length.
I used a blob of blu-tac to stop the cam vibrating.
729.jpg

730.jpg

The Mobius is high up on the left, my G1W can just be seen to the left of the mirror.

Does the size of the LCD matters on the dashcam? For example, I'm looking at the GS1000 Orange Menu and it has a 1.5inc LCD and I'm thinking that's kind of small compared to 2.7? Thanks in advance.

having a screen is handy for aiming the camera and setting menu options, for reviewing footage a larger screen would of course be better but they're not large enough to show that much detail

I'd say though if you are looking to buy there are better options these days than a GS1000 so maybe a bit more research is in order

I have to say that it is very useful to have a screen - just to check that the cam is pointing where you want. I initially set up the mobius by guesswork until I found my phono extension lead, then I plugged the cam into my reversing cam's screen just to make final adjustment - I was quite pleased that I'd aimed the cam quite well, but you really can't beat getting it just right.

Hi Guys,

I've had dash-cams before now suckered onto the inside of the windscreen but there are a few problems. They're always pretty visible from outside the car, they're never fitted on the centreline of the car so the films are always a bit lop-sided, and they tend to vibrate on the mount however tight you do up all the knobs.

Ah, but I've found the perfect solution. I've attached the camera to the rear-view mirror support. It's on the car's centreline, it's rock solid so there's no vibration to spoil my movies and it's almost invisible from outside because there's no give-away circular suction-cup showing. It's a total 'what's not to like?' solution as far as I'm concerned.

tom.

Attachments

• 13949942385110.jpg
    13949942385110.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 13949944185360.jpg
    13949944185360.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_8526.jpg
    IMG_8526.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_8527.jpg