Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

@rcg530 Thank you for the detailed report and video samples links. I'll download and take a look.

Version 3.8.5 is more rigorous and structured in pairing front/rear videos (this is a good thing when dealing with hundreds of different dashcam models). The DR750X must have slipped through the cracks. Should be easy to fix, though.

Edit: Upon further investigation, this issue only affected Emergency ("E") videos of the DR750X. The issue has been fixed.

Last edited:
Any plans for a Linux version of the software?

Totally understandable. It would be a lot of effort to satisfy a few Ubuntu weirdos like Yours Truly.

Outstanding product, btw. I plan to gift a Dashcam Viewer Mac license to my SO once she starts riding with a dashcam.

Dashcam Viewer not showing or using GPS data from Viofo A119 v3.

Hi, I'm using Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 (Mac) to check data from Viofo A119 v3, and the GPS data from the dashcam isn't being used, i.e. no map shown, no speed in the speed graph, no speed or compass in the dashboard. The Viofo A119 v3 is set to use GPS, and the dashcam video displays the speed and coordinates.

I'm not aware of any changes to either the dashcam or the Dashcam Viewer software.

I'm checking the last few days of footage. Previous footage is also saved, and checking it from the external hard drive there is no problem, i.e. GPS data is being used, and I ran a full format (as per usual) on the SD cards.

The audio and video appear to be OK.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong, or what I may have done?

Edit
I've just reset Dashcam Viewer software (and re-entered the licence key). It still has the same problem.
I've brought in the second (i.e. rear viewing) Viofo A119 v3 and that has the same problem.

Many thanks,

Last edited:
That sounds to me maybe the link between the Mac and the mapping option, Google Maps ?

@Privateer : Well that's strange. Any chance you can send me a raw video from your A119v3 so I can examine it and get the issue sorted? See the FAQ for how to send me large sample videos.

I've just received info that Google Maps API v 3.49, released in May, has a bug.

Whether this is relevent I don't know.

Hi, @traveler and @Kremmen,

Apologies for the late reply. I've been unable to look at this until the beginning of the month.

I've just received info that Google Maps API v 3.49, released in May, has a bug.
I think that this may well be the root cause of the problem.

My recent footage (28 to 31 May 2022) has worked correctly, i.e. shown all GPS data for speed, graph, and map, on both SD card and external hard drive after the data from the SD card, was copied to the external hard drive.

However, the previous data (22 to 27 May 2022) was not quite right when I checked it. My theory is that DCV stores its "processing data", and if recently opened files are opened again, DCV will use its stored processing to speed things up. A reset of the DCV software (and re-add the licence key) would clear the cache.

I need to do more work on current files; then, I plan to reset the DCV software (and re-add the licence key) and see what happens. I will report back later on.

Kind Regards,

@Privateer : Well that's strange. Any chance you can send me a raw video from your A119v3 so I can examine it and get the issue sorted? See the FAQ for how to send me large sample videos.
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay; I've checked all other footage since, and it's working normally with GPS data.

I've sent you six files, all one minute and 223MB:

20220522170601_000002.MP4
20220522170701_000003.MP4
20220522170801_000004.MP4
20220522170901_000005.MP4
20220522171001_000006.MP4
20220522171101_000007.MP4

The above six files appear to contain no GPS data or none that Dashcam Viewer can access, yet the speed and location are shown on the video.

I can only think that I may have inadvertently switched off GPS for the files, but in that case, why is GPS-related data (i.e. speed and coordinates) shown on the video?

Many thanks,
Robert.

@Privateer

Robert

Any chance I can get one of those RAW files to test on my Windows setup ?

@Kremmen

Hi K,

Yes, sure. Could you PM me your email address to remind me what it is, and I'll send the files to you.

It won't be until tonight as I've got to go to work now.

Regards,
Robert.

@Privateer

Do you have Dropbox ?

If so send me a PM link on PGP and I'll pick it up in the morning.

@Kremmen

Hi K,

I've found your Gmail account that I emailed a few years ago, and I have sent you the files via the We Transfer website.

I hope that's OK.

Regards,
Robert.

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.6 Released​

Hello again, Everyone. Dashcam Viewer v3.8.6 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements. Version 3.8.6 is a free upgrade for all Dashcam Viewer users:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for VIOFO MT1 dual-channel
  • Added support for VSYSTO Dual Dash Cam (B6)
Bug Fixes:
  • Correctly pair “E”mergency videos for BlackVue DR750X-2CH
dcv_v3.8.6_viofo_mt1.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.6 showing VIOFO MT1 Dual dashcam video and GPS data.

Dashcam Viewer and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

@Privateer

All files received and all playing perfectly in the latest 3.8.6 version under Windows 10 with the Google Mapping showing all detail and progress as expected. I won't post screenshots for your privacy but if you want I can post screenshots on PGP in the private Verifiers section that you can delete when seen ?

One comment I have is how have you got the V3 mounted ?
Your bonnet is bouncing and vibrating as if you're using a wobbly suction mount.

If you have multiple cars I'd recommend this for each one : https://viofouk.co.uk/product/a119v3-gps-base-mount/

Hi @Kremmen,

Many thanks for looking at the files.

All files received and all playing perfectly in the latest 3.8.6 version under Windows 10 with the Google Mapping showing all detail and progress as expected. I won't post screenshots for your privacy but if you want I can post screenshots on PGP in the private Verifiers section that you can delete when seen ?
That's weird. I've sent the same files to John (@traveler), and when he gets some time, he'll have a look. All footage taken since a week later is OK with GPS data in the video and also available for DashCam Viewer to use.

Your bonnet is bouncing and vibrating as if you're using a wobbly suction mount.
The footage ifs rom the front Viofo A119 v3. The GPS module is directly mounted to the front windscreen via 3M Dual Lock fastener where there is possible play. All other units (i.e. rear of that vehicle and front and rear of other vehicle are attached to a suction mount.

I'm used to the bounce, in fact I've always put it down to the vehicles suspension; I'll have another look and then stick a GoPro on the inside of the windscreen and compare the bounce. My GoPro suction mount is stable.
One comment I have is how have you got the V3 mounted ?
I've shown my set-up of the windscreen suction mount in the post "A119 V3, its GPS Unit, and an Arkon BT010 (Car Passive Holder with Suction Cup). Advice please". The front mount is the same but without the suction cup as it's directly mounted to the glass via 3M Dual Lock fastener.

Thanks,
Robert.

Last edited:
That vibration over less than perfect roads is one reason that made me switch from Nextbase ball joint to Viofo.

I'd seriously consider the direct GPS mount double sided pad as it eliminates all movement and produces sharper footage.

I'd seriously consider the direct GPS mount double sided pad as it eliminates all movement and produces sharper footage
I like the 3M Dual Lock fastener's flexibility when using it directly on a windscreen or the Arkon BT010 (Car Passive Holder). I will think about how I can eliminate the play between the 3M Dual Lock fastener pieces. If I can't, I will look at a direct mount with a double-sided pad.

Regards,
Robert.

@traveler

Question 1:
The file order is not sorted according to the exif information or file name,
which leads to the confusion of the file order
(because the file is airdropped to the computer, the creation time and modification time on the system are incorrect),
but the time and file name in the exif information are correct.

So I hope to be able to sort by file name, or get exif information to sort.

Question 2:
The reverse function does not reverse the list of files,
but reverses the selection or selects the last file in the case of select all.
This is not the right way to do it, in my opinion.
The reverse function has been changed to reverse the file list order.

Question 3:
Allows drag and drop of files to modify file order

Question 4:
Provides select all and deselect all functions

1657358574079.png

Back