Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

Feel like I need to set the record straight here:

@StrayCat I responded to your original email 1-hour and 24-minutes after you sent it (see below).

When you sent your 4th email, which included insults and the threat: "I would like a reply from you soon or I will provide feedback to others on the DashCamTalk forum" I responded that you should check your Junk email box since sometimes my emails end up in there. I also suggested contacting your ISP if that doesn't help.

Since you weren't responding to my emails and you did not reveal your DashcamTalk handle, I had no way to connect with you. I think it's a shame you chose this public forum to air your grievances with me and potentially damage my business, rather than simply PM me. I do try to respond to all emails promptly and take customer service very seriously.

Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 5:27 PM
To: yyyyyyy
Subject:

Hi John. I had purchased the Dashcam viewer app for Windows and was using it with my Viofo A129 Duo. I recently purchased a Blackvue DR750X 2ch LTE Plus dashcam to use instead of my Viofo. Will your app work with my new dashcam? Thanks for any info on this.

-xxxxxx
John, @traveler,

I apologize. Your emails indeed went into my Junk file. That made no sense to me me as you and I have sent and received emails from/to each other in the past; so I did not check my Junk file.... my mistake!

In any case, my initial question remains, and I suspect other Blackvue customers may have the same question. Does you program work with Blackvue dashcams, particularly the DR750X - 2ch LTE Plus. If your program works with Blackvue dashcams, that would be great; and if not, no problem. Thanks.

In any case, my initial question remains, and I suspect other Blackvue customers may have the same question. Does you program work with Blackvue dashcams, particularly the DR750X - 2ch LTE Plus. If your program works with Blackvue dashcams, that would be great; and if not, no problem. Thanks.
I've been successfully using Dashcam Viewer with video from various BlackVue dashcams. The Dashcam Viewer | What's New Page shows that BlackVue DR900X-2CH support was added in version 3.6.8 in June 2021. In version 3.6.6, there's a comment that a GPS parsing issue was fixed for the Blackvue DR750X-2CH.

Most recently I've been using Dashcam Viewer with video generated by a DR750X-2CH Plus and a DR750X-3CH Plus.

Three channel dashcams are not supported in Dashcam Viewer. That means it does not present the interior video files as another video channel like it does for the rear video files. It will actually show the front video and interior video files as single channel files to present in the viewer.

dcv_dr750x_3ch_plus_list.png

If you move the interior video files out of that directory, Dashcam Viewer will present the front and rear video files as channel 1 (front) and rear as (channel 2).

It would be nice if 3-channel support was added to Dashcam Viewer, but @traveler stated that there was not enough demand for 3-channel dashcam support at this time when I asked about that feature.

I do feel the 3 channel systems, at least as far as in the #3 camera being a interior camera, are firmly "Uber" cameras and so should not be super popular.
It is a fact my last 3 test cameras have been 3 channel, but as me i would not buy a 3 channel system as i simply do not have any use for the interior camera that will be handy for the ride share drivers of the world,,,,, which i assume are still a substantial number.
But just CUZ the footage are not supported by various players, that dont mean their footage are of no use in case of a alteration.

It would be cool to see a 3 channel system as in front camera + L & R side cameras, maybe look down the side type as that sort of double as a rear camera too.

Also as i have said before i dont personally get peoples fascination by the dedicated dashcam players, or maybe it is just me being such a creature of habit, and living in a small country, but i just have to see a few seconds of any video segment and i am able to tell where it is,,,,, at least if it is daytime footage.
Dont get me wrong it is cool you can have that helicopter perspective on your recorded drive, i just never feel i have the need for that.
The times i have submitted footage to police and insurance, no one have ever asked for any geographical information.

EDIT: The interior camera could of course be used to fend off any false claim like " i saw he was on the phone" and it is probably also a straw some / many would grab at these days, but i think that is just a statement and you still need to prove your claims.
And even if your 2 cousins in the car also claim they saw him on the phone too, i think it would still be a doubtful claim not least if it is not supported by outsiders.
For that reason i have actually contemplated a few times to move my phone dock from the driver door fixed glass and to the middle ( bottom ) of the windscreen where the phone would be in view of the front camera.
Or the top of the dashboard at least cuz there i think its reflection would also be visible, not least since pretty much every time i drive i use a waze like APP, so my phone OLED display are lit up.

If someone dont specific say he is doing ride share, i would never recommend a 3 channel system.

Last edited:
I do feel the 3 channel systems, at least as far as in the #3 camera being a interior camera, are firmly "Uber" cameras and so should not be super popular.
It is a fact my last 3 test cameras have been 3 channel, but as me i would not buy a 3 channel system as i simply do not have any use for the interior camera that will be handy for the ride share drivers of the world,,,,, which i assume are still a substantial number.
But just CUZ the footage are not supported by various players, that dont mean their footage are of no use in case of a alteration.

It would be cool to see a 3 channel system as in front camera + L & R side cameras, maybe look down the side type as that sort of double as a rear camera too.

Also as i have said before i dont personally get peoples fascination by the dedicated dashcam players, or maybe it is just me being such a creature of habit, and living in a small country, but i just have to see a few seconds of any video segment and i am able to tell where it is,,,,, at least if it is daytime footage.
Dont get me wrong it is cool you can have that helicopter perspective on your recorded drive, i just never feel i have the need for that.
The times i have submitted footage to police and insurance, no one have ever asked for any geographical information.

EDIT: The interior camera could of course be used to fend off any false claim like " i saw he was on the phone" and it is probably also a straw some / many would grab at these days, but i think that is just a statement and you still need to prove your claims.
And even if your 2 cousins in the car also claim they saw him on the phone too, i think it would still be a doubtful claim not least if it is not supported by outsiders.
For that reason i have actually contemplated a few times to move my phone dock from the driver door fixed glass and to the middle ( bottom ) of the windscreen where the phone would be in view of the front camera.
Or the top of the dashboard at least cuz there i think its reflection would also be visible, not least since pretty much every time i drive i use a waze like APP, so my phone OLED display are lit up.

If someone dont specific say he is doing ride share, i would never recommend a 3 channel system.
The interior cam made this driver popular, that recorded with VIOFO A139.

I agree that the primary target market for most 3-channel dashcams would be a ridesharing driver. The other potential market is parents of a young driver that want to make sure their child is driving safely.

Yes a child driver / parent of one of those might well get some use of a cabin camera too, just not something on my mind as i do not have any kids, and also it is extremely rare Danes buy a car for their child ( or adult here as you must be 18 to drive a car alone, 17 YO if you are supervised by a adult driver )
Also as cars here are buy 1 pay for 2 / rather expensive, that cancel that out too, i was myself pretty spoiled as a kid / teen, but my first car ( 1967 Volvo 121 ) i still had to take out a loan to get, and it was a used car 16 years old / 1 year younger than myself as i got the car when i was 17 )
My parents did underwrite that loan though, but i still paid every dime on it myself out of my meager apprentice wage , even if my family was in no way poor with 2 working parents.

Thinking back that car cost the same as the latest gun i got, but 13,000 DKKr / 1300 USD was still a lot of money in 1984,,,,,, it also is today, it is what i get in pension every month after tax, also about the after tax wage of a unskilled person in a not the best pay job.
The little red POS i drive now and got new in 2012 it cost 17,500 USD and at the time it was one of the cheapest cars in the country, and i am pretty sure no American parent would let their child drive a little POS like that.

i am pretty sure no American parent would let their child drive a little POS like that.

My first car was an old 1963 VW bug that I bought for $115 USD when I was 17 years old! :joyful:

It needed a little work, was a bit slow going up very steep hills but it ran great. Drove it all over the place.

What is more popular here, at least in well off families with kids also going on to university ( even if university in itself dont cost anything here ) then the living situation in the university tows are appalling / a embarrassment, so often parents will buy a apartment for the kid to live in while studying.
But of curse buying a apartment, even a small one 1-2 room if you can find it, that is still a multi million DKKr investment, hence why parents have to be fairly well off to pull off a stunt like that.

Renting something in a big town is hard to find, then there is the cheap student dwellings but they too are too few.
Investments in more public housing in the major towns are under way, but that do not happen over night, "they" only taken 2 decades to finally see there is a problem with affordable housing in the major cities.

Чувствую, что мне нужно установить рекорд прямо здесь:

@StrayCat Я ответил на ваше исходное письмо через 1 час 24 минуты после того, как вы его отправили (см. ниже).

Когда вы отправили свое 4-е электронное письмо, которое содержало оскорбления и угрозу: «Я хотел бы получить от вас ответ в ближайшее время или я предоставлю отзыв другим на форуме DashCamTalk», я ответил, что вы должны проверить свой ящик нежелательной почты, поскольку иногда мои электронные письма заканчиваются там наверху. Я также предложил связаться с вашим провайдером, если это не поможет.

Поскольку вы не отвечали на мои электронные письма и не раскрыли свой никнейм в DashcamTalk, у меня не было возможности с вами связаться. Мне жаль, что вы выбрали этот публичный форум, чтобы поделиться со мной своими жалобами и потенциально нанести ущерб моему бизнесу, а не просто написать мне в личку. Я стараюсь оперативно отвечать на все электронные письма и очень серьезно отношусь к обслуживанию клиентов.

От кого: ххххххх
Отправлено: вторник, 22 февраля 2022 г., 17:27.
Кому: гггггггг
Тема:

Привет, Джон. Я приобрел приложение для просмотра видеорегистраторов для Windows и использовал его с моим Viofo A129 Duo. Недавно я купил видеорегистратор Blackvue DR750X 2ch LTE Plus, чтобы использовать его вместо своего Viofo. Будет ли ваше приложение работать с моим новым видеорегистратором? Спасибо за любую информацию об этом.

-хххххх
Я вам ничего не писал, вы меня с кем-то спутали.

StrayCat - StrayCam

Similar messages different members ?

Just updated to 3.8.3 and Dashcam Viewer now doesn't see any of my rear channel videos at all.

Previous version worked OK.

Am I the only one?

Just updated to 3.8.3 and Dashcam Viewer now doesn't see any of my rear channel videos at all.

Am I the only one?
I just tested the following dashcams with v3.8.3 using "Open Video Folder":

Displays front/rear channel video files correctly:
  • DR900X-2CH
  • DR900X-2CH Plus
  • DR750X-2CH Plus
  • Zenfox U1 2CH
Three channel dashcams:
  • VIOFO T130 3CH
    • displays both front/rear channels when it displays front video file, but displays interior video file as a single channel video file inline with other files
  • DR750X-3CH Plus
    • Only displays front video channel file when front/interior/rear video files are in the same directory
    • When then "_?I" (_NI, _II, etc) files are moved out of that directory, the front/rear video files are displayed correctly - present in v3.8.2 as well

I just tested the following dashcams with v3.8.3 using "Open Video Folder":

Displays front/rear channel video files correctly:
  • DR900X-2CH
  • DR900X-2CH Plus
  • DR750X-2CH Plus
  • Zenfox U1 2CH
Three channel dashcams:
  • VIOFO T130 3CH
    • displays both front/rear channels when it displays front video file, but displays interior video file as a single channel video file inline with other files
  • DR750X-3CH Plus
    • Only displays front video channel file when front/interior/rear video files are in the same directory
    • When then "_?I" (_NI, _II, etc) files are moved out of that directory, the front/rear video files are displayed correctly - present in v3.8.2 as well

Am I the only one?
@KANNINA 2.0 Try clicking the "Reset View" button in the toolbar. That should reset the main player and 2nd-channel player to their nominal positions.

@rcg530 Thanks for providing feedback on those units!

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.4 Released

Hi Everyone. Dashcam Viewer v3.8.4 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements (list includes changes from v3.8.3). Version 3.8.4 is a free upgrade for all Dashcam Viewer users:

New Camera Supports:

• Added support for Vantrue X4S
  • Added support for RedTiger F7N
New Features:
  • Improved precision of cumulative distance in the Speedometer. Distances less than 1 mile or 1 km are expressed in feet or meters, respectively. More digits past the decimal a shown for distances less than 100 miles or km.
  • The second channel video widget size and position are now remembered between program relaunches.
Bug Fixes:
  • Optimized processing videos when they are first loaded to improve speed and accuracy of sorting.
  • Fixed bug introduced in v3.8.3 which prevented two-channel videos from the INNOVV K2 from being properly separated.
  • Improved behavior of the 2nd channel video widget such that it should no longer disappear (this happened infrequently).
v3.8.4_vantrue_x4s.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.4 showing Vantrue X4S dashcam video and GPS data.

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

@traveler I like how the rear channel video panel (pip window) size/position can be remembered from the last time the program was used or a video file or video directory was opened. I would like to suggest a similar feature for the front channel video playback window (main window) as well. There are times I need to see the front and rear video presented side-by-side to compare them with each other (tracking a problem with a dashcam for instance). The front video playback window always defaults to the full area of the player window while the rear video defaults to the last position / size. I also cannot get the scaling of the front video window to match the rear. Both front and rear video are 1080p (1920x1080) videos. I was hoping to get them sized the same, but the zoom in/out buttons for the main (front) and pip (rear) views never allow them to be the same size.

dashcam_viewer_sbs_1080p.png

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.5 Released

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.5 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following maintenance items. Version 3.8.5 is a free upgrade for all Dashcam Viewer users:

Bug Fixes:

• Recoded the Front/Rear video pairing heuristic for 2-channel dashcams to be more accurate.
  • Fixed bug in v3.8.4 in which Viofo Plus Duo Front/Rear videos were not paired.
  • Fixed bug in which Blueskysea B1M videos were not properly paired.

dcv_v3.8.5-1024x714.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.5 showing VIOFO A129 Plus Duo dashcam video and GPS data.

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

@traveler I just created a conversation on this site with some info about 3.8.5 not showing the rear channel video file in some cases for the BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus dash camera. I also point out some odd playback behavior for the Zenfox U1 2-channel (unsupported dash camera). I've provided sample video files for both issues.

Back