Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Viofo A139 3ch in a Skoda Superb mk3 hatchback.

I ended up moving the interior camera slightly to the left after taking this photo, due to view being obscured by the sun visor when that was down.

I much prefer the view the interior camera provides mounted roughly halfway down vertically on the passenger side as that gives a full interior view and a head on view of the driver's side window which might be good for sideswipes and vandalism. However that would be much less discreet than being hidden away above the mirror. I'm somewhat tempted to remove the interior camera and keep it 2ch.IMG_20220803_125008.jpg
IMG_20220803_125031.jpg
Rear camera mounted next to high level brake light. DAB radio seems more inclined to dropout after installing this. Ferrite cores helped but didn't fully cure the problem. Planning to look into metal sleeving for the cable and/or relocating the camera and cable.

IMG_20220803_125055.jpg
IMG_20220803_125045.jpg

I have often contemplated a cabin camera on the passenger side A pillar, down low on it, and then aimed at the driver.
This would probably not be a good place if you do any form of ride share, but as a driver logger + whatever might show up at the drivers door it would be fine.
Still i do get out of my car when i get pulled over as i dont like police or anyone else hovering above me

Is it possible to mount the suction pad onto the the grey shaded area behind the mirror on a Honda CRV?

Maybe.
It depend on how it is made, in my car i have a grid pattern ( seem like leftovers from the traditional dot pattern seen on other cars )
Anyway this are on the inside of the glass but are fairly smoother even if you can also feel it is uneven, so i have actually been able to put a suction cup mount there, and not have it come off every 1 - 2 weeks.
But i must admit that i do recommend against suction pad when it come to dashcams.

Dashcams today also come with a static sticker pad, you can use if you do not want to stick camera to the glass itself, but these do require clean / and even glass surface, so i have not tried those on my dotted area.
But on clean glass on the windscreen, or my living room window where i also static test cameras it work super well ( you can see this in use in the pics above #2 from the right )

I don't mind the sticky pads on the shade area even if it is a little harder to remove there, most of it you can roll off with a finger, and some solvent can take the rest if need be.
I have been sticking cameras there since 2012, and i did also in the end have to do a major cleanup there as left over residue meant cameras had a problem staying on, i used knife ( pocket ) to scrape off the worst bits, and then something called speedy 500 from the firm Kent, this is a anti glue solvent i accidentally had at hand.
Other things can of course also be used

The middle of the front windshield would be the best position to mount the dash cam. Where you can get the maximum field of view, and less distraction when driving your car.
1667294762620.png

Viofo A229 Duo - Cellink Neo - 2022 BMW M340xi

This is the first dashcam I've owned or installed. The scariest and hardest part was gathering information specific to my car and trying to grasp, in the abstract, how everything would work. I'm extremely grateful to all the good folks here and at BlackBoxmyCar who patiently answered all my newbie questions. Additionally, I found information on the web specific to my car.

The Viofo A229 is powered by a Cellink Neo Battery located in the trunk (boot). The Cellink is charged from a connection to the fusebox, also in the trunk (boot) that powers off about 7 minutes after the car is turned off. With a power cable and a rear camera cable running on adjacent sides from the front to the rear, all cabling is 99% hidden. I was amazed that I accomplished this on my first try!

Front Camera:

I could have hidden the front camera behind the mirror, but with this location, it's much more accessible.

front-int-sm.jpg
front-ext-sm.jpg

Rear Camera:

The rear camera was originally mounted higher (more stealthy), but I was getting an antenna wire at the top of the frame. You'll notice in the video below that there's still a fuzzy horizontal line in the frame. I could not find a location that would eliminate that.

rear-int-sm.jpg
rear-ext-sm.jpg

The Viofo A229 menu, through the front camera or the wifi-connected app, is very useful for making adjustments, downloading videos, and turning parking mode on and off when it's needed and when it's not. The Cellink Neo's Bluetooth app is also very useful to check the battery status and charge level.

Attachments

• rear-int-sm.jpg
    rear-int-sm.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I recently purchased a small sports car (Saturn Sky) which has a very small windshield. My older Thinkware dashcam used up too much real estate so I opted for a mirror cam. This Wolfbox G900 works as well as the dashcam (better actually since it has a rear facing camera) and uses no windshield space. Downside, the original cabin lighting was in the OEM mirror. I've lost that so added an LED strip to the bottom of the mirror. With the top down the screen image washes out badly but the mirror acts as a....mirror (go figure) so rear visibility isn't lost.

Attachments

• Mirror Close Center.jpg
    Mirror Close Center.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Reverse Image.jpg
    Reverse Image.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221207_051021.jpg
    20221207_051021.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 36
Viofo A229 Duo - Cellink Neo - 2022 BMW M340xi

This is the first dashcam I've owned or installed. The scariest and hardest part was gathering information specific to my car and trying to grasp, in the abstract, how everything would work. I'm extremely grateful to all the good folks here and at BlackBoxmyCar who patiently answered all my newbie questions. Additionally, I found information on the web specific to my car.

The Viofo A229 is powered by a Cellink Neo Battery located in the trunk (boot). The Cellink is charged from a connection to the fusebox, also in the trunk (boot) that powers off about 7 minutes after the car is turned off. With a power cable and a rear camera cable running on adjacent sides from the front to the rear, all cabling is 99% hidden. I was amazed that I accomplished this on my first try!

Front Camera:

I could have hidden the front camera behind the mirror, but with this location, it's much more accessible.

View attachment 63171
View attachment 63172

Rear Camera:

The rear camera was originally mounted higher (more stealthy), but I was getting an antenna wire at the top of the frame. You'll notice in the video below that there's still a fuzzy horizontal line in the frame. I could not find a location that would eliminate that.

View attachment 63174
View attachment 63175

The Viofo A229 menu, through the front camera or the wifi-connected app, is very useful for making adjustments, downloading videos, and turning parking mode on and off when it's needed and when it's not. The Cellink Neo's Bluetooth app is also very useful to check the battery status and charge level.
Nice installation job. Looks like a G20 BMW can you describe how you got your A Pillar off and routed the cable in back of the airbag? Thanks

Nice installation job. Looks like a G20 BMW can you describe how you got your A Pillar off and routed the cable in back of the airbag? Thanks
Remove the clip labeled “air bag”, remove the torque screw. I didn’t completely remove the trim. I just popped it out enough to route the cable behind the trim and above the air bag.

Remove the clip labeled “air bag”, remove the torque screw. I didn’t completely remove the trim. I just popped it out enough to route the cable behind the trim and above the air bag.
a-pillar-remove.jpeg

BlendMount mod for Viofo

For anyone wishing to use a BlendMount mirror mount for their Viofo camera which BlendMount doesn’t support.

Finally got around to installing my shiny new 622 today, but here are a couple of poor-quality pictures.

Attachments

• 622-1.jpg
    622-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 622-3.jpg
    622-3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 622-2.jpg
    622-2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 22
Viofo A229 Duo

Front camera (near the IRVM)

19. Front camera mounted and cables connected.jpg

Rear camera (centre of the HMSL)
20. Rear camera mounted and connected.jpg

My mounting procedure video for the Viofo A229 Duo inside a Mazda MX-5 roadster (German language).
I'm using a larger paper clip as basis for the rear cam, tightened to the wind deflector using a wooden wedge.

Dear all, where could I properly install a Viofo A119 mini 2 in my car? It is a new Renault Captur. Could I install it behind mirror on the traffic and rain sensors cover? Thank you.

Attachments

• 352398414_24262815259984379_4997954106330476136_n.jpg
    352398414_24262815259984379_4997954106330476136_n.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 21
  • 353060290_24262814943317744_530604868553616634_n.jpg
    353060290_24262814943317744_530604868553616634_n.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 352802406_24262814639984441_6075946144884134819_n.jpg
    352802406_24262814639984441_6075946144884134819_n.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 21
The sensor cover look nice and flat on the bottom, so you could mount there , just be aware that you might have to use another dual sided tape than the one that come with the dashcam.
Personally i would be inclined to put a camera there.

Back