Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

the clear should be good as it's listed as being VHB (very high bond) tape, the black looks to be regular double sided tape so you might find this falls off after a while

I got the black because it was cheap and because I thought if it will hold a number plate on a car then maybe it will hold a dash cam too.

I got the black because it was cheap and because I thought if it will hold a number plate on a car then maybe it will hold a dash cam too.

I read that, seems a rather unusual application for the product, can't say I've ever thought of putting number plates on with double sided tape, could they be referring to something else perhaps?

I read that, seems a rather unusual application for the product, can't say I've ever thought of putting number plates on with double sided tape, could they be referring to something else perhaps?
Its quite common to fix number plates with double sided tape in UK, makes a clean line without screws poking out.

Do you have issues with number plate theft there?
We do but either way if a thief wants the plate whether stuck on or srewed it takes seconds to steal it.

We do but either way if a thief wants the plate whether stuck on or srewed it takes seconds to steal it.

stuck on wouldn't even need tools, we have special one way screws available here that people use if in a bad area

number plate theft is common when petrol prices are up, they get stolen to use on cars that fill up and drive off without paying, had a set stolen off my car once in broad daylight when I was parked in my mates driveway, we were no more than 10 feet away at the time and never heard anything outside, only found out when police knocked at the door, they'd picked the guys up that stole them in the next street

... we have special one way screws available here that people use if in a bad area

We have these special screws here too. Police forces give them away for free. I've got some ... just haven't got around to fixing them.

I'm still having issues with mounting my G90 on the black dotted lines so I mount it right underneath. It's very visible from the outside. The pringles can didn't work out too well so I will be trying something else. It's a great camera for the price.

CAM00444.jpg CAM00443.jpg CAM00445.jpg

I'm still having issues with mounting my G90 on the black dotted lines so I mount it right underneath. It's very visible from the outside. The pringles can didn't work out too well so I will be trying something else.

Instead of the Pringles lid to mount a suction cup on the raised dotted sun visor near your rear view mirror, another option would be to use something more rigid such as a small clear acrylic/plexiglass sheet or disk attached with 3M dual sided tape.
Some examples of what I'm talking about are here & here. Most glass repair shops sell plexiglass and acrylic sheets and many will sell you or even give you small samples for projects such as this.

Hi Folks, first timer here.

Just want to say big thanks to Dash Cam Talk, this site is a freaking goldmine for dash cam information. Just want to share a pic of how I mount my C2 on the rear view mirror.
I used 3 parts from RAM Mount,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B002L9LW00https://www.amazon.com/gp/B002AQV51Ahttps://www.amazon.com/gp/B0056I8SLE
Installation was so easy on the Honda Pilot. I pushed the USB cable to to the over head liner to the passenger side, then pop open the side panel with just one screw and run the the entire cable down to the glove box, the fed it through with a coat hanger in the middle console and plugged it in to the armrest USB socket. It took me about 10 minutes and felt really good that I was able to do so.

Attachments

• RAM-B-231Z-A-366UIU1.jpg
    RAM-B-231Z-A-366UIU1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 102
  • dashcammount.jpg
    dashcammount.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 118
We have these special screws here too. Police forces give them away for free. I've got some ... just haven't got around to fixing them.

The government were promoting anti-theft number plates that de-laminate when pulled off a few years ago : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5032858.stm and there was talk of putting rfid chips in number plates to try to tackle counterfeit ones.

Couple of shots of my Mobius install, right under the rearview mirror housing. It's kind of a temporary install (currently looking to replace it with a better cam), so the wiring is not as clean as it could be, including the use of a right angle mini-USB adapter.

The Mobius easily slides and in out of the provided mount casing (I loosened the two "teeth"), which is attached to the mirror housing with 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fasteners. The casing is never removed, and often, neither is the cam as it is relatively hard to see. Sorry about my filthy window, which is why I didn't include as many external shots.

d6f4a639186a1d9a8d7143935756ad50_zps1gb21hze.jpg

dd06d0784d68479158955e383fb5ce01_zpsyfity1nw.jpg

98b80317ae4d57d12be80a621a584a2e_zpsk2632jyd.jpg

97b665409ebd994583539538f94cf336_zpssw0wksss.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a nice, clean, stealthy installation but it appears as if the camera might be pointing too high (especially the first image) resulting in too much sky in the FOV. Of course, it's hard to tell from the photos but if that should be the case, consider using some sort of wedge to tilt it downwards a few degrees.

That looks like a nice, clean, stealthy installation but it appears as if the camera might be pointing too high (especially the first image) resulting in too much sky in the FOV. Of course, it's hard to tell from the photos but if that should be the case, consider using some sort of wedge to tilt it downwards a few degrees.

Hey thanks. I had some other ideas to make it even more stealth, but I didn't pursue them considering its replacement cam will be arriving soon. The Mobius will be relegated to rear cam duties soon.

And yes, you are absolutely correct in that it is slightly angled higher than I want, which is due to the decline on the rearview mirror housing. I initially had something there to level it out, but I didn't like the aesthetics, which are extremely important to me. The positioning hasn't affected the exposure as badly as I thought it might, so I've just left it there for now, but it definitely would have been something I would have addressed if I wasn't looking for a replacement.

Here is how it is looking the recording video:
For me is an amazing view!

enjoy,
Mtz

That's just an awesome video. Well done!

Reactions: Mtz
Back