0906 public test - bug list in live

I wouldn't worry about making LED's too bright for night, after all people put all kind of light on their cars and upgrade to illegal pulps in the headlights and use the fog light day and night with no fog around for several 100 km.
And not forgetting the phone screen many people look at all the time while driving.
Also it seem to me many people here with NAV units or using phones for that do not dim the screen brightness at night, it often look like the damn thing are set to 100% so other people can see that he/she are so damn special in having something at least 90% of other drivers also have :rolleyes:

I have not taken a closer look at my lens, but i will do that tomorrow.

I've gotten very accustomed to the seeing the blinking RED LED on the back of my Mobius rear facing camera in the rear view mirror that lets me know the camera is recording properly. It would be handy to have such a a pilot light LED on the 0906 rear camera as well. It would also be pretty handy of you could view the rear camera in the screen temporarily for aiming or just to check on what the camera is seeing.

I've gotten very accustomed to the seeing the blinking RED LED
I would prefer steady red light as "recording" and flashing as "standby or error"
Typical when you see light, there is flashing is to alert people.

Edit:
If the camera detect a card error or there is no SD plug in. Make a beeping sound to alert, something is wrong.
I forgot to put SD card in this morning and found out it was missing, when I wanted to take it out.:(

Last edited:
you could view the rear camera in the screen temporarily for aiming or just to check on what the camera is seeing.

You can, just DBL tap the power on/off button on the end and the view in LCD change to rear camera.

I would prefer steady red light as "recording" and flashing as "standby or error"
Typical when you see light, there is flashing is to alert people.

Edit:
If the camera detect a card error or there is no SD plug in. Make a beeping sound to alert, something is wrong.
I forgot to put SD card in this morning and found out it was missing, when I wanted to take it out.:(

I'm used to the Mobius which is the opposite. That's because a solid RED is "standby" or "error". It works in conjunction with the top of camera LED which blinks amber for recording (or blue for mode #2 recording). I think blinking in this case implies activity and solid implies no activity.

But yeah, either way I think it would be useful to have confirmation that the rear camera is operating normally however that is accomplished. Of course, this comes from years of using many different cameras and sometimes discovering they were not recording when you think they were.

Last edited:
It will stay on that channel view untill you DBL tap the button again, no time function other than the LCD screen timeout to black.

But the view are upside down in the LCD even if the camera are recorded the right side up ( me having rear camera upside down and so rear camera flip set to on )

If you turn off the engine, but keep the power on to listen you radio (camera still recording). When you start the car again, that short power off will make the camera start to turn off. Viofo A119s just going on as nothing has happen. Maybe a 2 second delay on power off could help.

But yeah, either way I think it would be useful to have confirmation that the rear camera is operating normally whoever that is accomplished.
Agree.
What taste best Coca cola or pepsi, it's a preference.

I like both, to be honest on a really hot day when i am really thirsty, then a pepsi go down better than the coke.
But in general i stick to the sugar free Faxe kondi that also go down well on a hot summer day.

I like both, to be honest on a really hot day when i am really thirsty, then a pepsi go down better than the coke.
But in general i stick to the sugar free Faxe kondi that also go down well on a hot summer day.

You know the old Tuborg beer ads. When does a beer taste best. Each time.
I don't a agree with that. Old and hot beer that has been exposed to sun taste bad.

You can, just DBL tap the power on/off button on the end and the view in LCD change to rear camera.

So, I just went out to my truck and tried this. It works great! I don't see this mentioned in the manual. Am I missing something?

I don't know, i have not even opened the manual, that's the kind of guy i am ;)

I don't know, i have not even opened the manual, that's the kind of guy i am ;)

Same here, and I likely would have figured it out eventually myself but when you suggested the double tap Power button procedure to view the rear cam I expected the manual to mention it. Apparently, it doesn't.

I think this might also be why i have managed to lock up the camera several times, only way out have been long pressing power off button ( not tried reset button yet )

I thought it just cycled between front|rear|off on a short click of the power button? No dbl click.

I've barely touched the power button so far because of the super-capacitor in place of the battery. So far I haven't managed to lock up the camera, which I always take as a good sign. :happy:

I think this might also be why i have managed to lock up the camera several times, only way out have been long pressing power off button ( not tried reset button yet )
Aren't you supposed to press the RESET button to reset it? (between the plugs)

I was keeping that button as backup in case the power off button wouldn't work, i assume using it i might also have to do the settings again.

Also not 100% sure if it take 2 clicks of the power button to toggle between camera channels, i will have to give that a try tomorrow.

Back