2014 DOD LS460W Sony Exmor CMOS, ISO3200, F1.6, WDR, 3DNR, 5x GPS, HUD

probably good advice really, hard wiring to a permanent power source is not advisable for cameras with internal batteries, and the motion detect doesn't work very well on these and you'd find if you left it on all the time you'd miss things when it really should be recording, wrong product for this usage scenario

Now that I have two of them, is there a decent camera to use just for motion detection as I keep getting the car scratched by idiots, nothing seriously deep but enough to need polishing out.

The Panorama is a good choice for that!

The Panorama G or the Panorama S have a great parking mode.

It's a highly recommended camera - I've tried loads and still tempted to get one!

I'm tempted just to see how it stacks up against the DOD in my car as I seem to have a really bad car for dashcams what with the sloping windscreen and reflections this causes - that's the reason I've not already got one as concerned it will have the same problem everything else has so far!

Have just e-mailed Roadcam so will see what they say, wish I had asked the question before getting two LS460W :)

Bit of a nuisance that most reviews say a camera has motion detection without saying how bad it is

To be honest I've not tried it as I don't have a power source to the camera when the car is stopped.

If you have the cameras in hand you could try it and see if it's suitable for you?

The mode on previous cameras with the same CPU but different CMOS sensors wasn't highly regarded, but I've not really heard f anyone trying it on these yet.

I think motion detection and parking mode are seperate things though unfortunately

Just checking - is that the A7LA70 version at £80 please?

Are there a number of different manufacturer versions for the A7LA70 as this one has 2560 x 1080P

The G90 looks good but would need to know about its parking mode and motion detection abilities before getting one.

With the DOD LS460W, seems odd they say it needs permanent power for motion detection, one of its features, then they say the don't advise permanent power??

Don't bother with the G90 for parking mode - you'd be lucky for it to stay on the windscreen long enough to record someone scratching your car!

Just checking out some of today's footage from the LS460W - this new camera is seriously sharp!

Thanks for the heads up on the G90

Now to find a UK seller for the Panorama G

To be honest mate we're a bit thin on the ground for resellers of the Panorama in Europe - As far as I know @RoadCam is the man to help as he can ship to the UK.

I'm still contemplating this myself - in a lot of conditions this new LS460W is better than the Panorama footage I've seen, but I do really like the extra wide angle the Panorama has. I really need to watch more raw footage but I'd recommend you do the same just to make sure you're happy with the video before buying - Niko has posted lots on here. It's essentially like the LS460W but with a wider lens and some higher end features

I've ot a bad feeling that the issues I have with reflections I would get with 99% of dashcams, and that my headlights are a hindrance at night time by throwing the colour balance off (they're 5k colour temperature).

Last edited:
big problem in day and night is like mine blurry / fuzzy recording.
I am still waiting for a solution from the vendor or producer, I have all written
How is yours during a nice sunny day?

I'm going through more footage and two hours before sunset when there are trees around the camera does turn into a mess of MPEG compression artifacts and cars are totally blurred.

It does ramp the exposure up, although I've noticed that sometimes even when it says the ISO is 50 it's using a longer exposure time and blurring things.

Just waiting for the other half to get up so I can cobble together this new CPL for testing!

I have 5000K 55W aftermarket HID for dipped and main beam

This was last night using dipped until over the bridge then main beam for a while

Have some from this morning as well

Just noticed the camera crashed again today and is missing an hours worth of footage and basically stopped recording until it was power cycled.

It's a shame but these just are not reliable as that's two have done this now with two different SD cards.

Don't know if it's hardware or software at fault here.

Leaving the card running in h2testw overnight to see what happens.

Last edited:
It looks like they've used a very slightly wider lens on the LS460W than the LS430W used - you can see the very slight differences between the two (in all situations) here:

LS460W vs LS430W Side by Side Screenshots (Day)
LS460W vs LS430W Side by Side Screenshots (Night)

To say the new model is using a new sensor they basically as of the time of writing this have exactly the same night performance in all situations.

The new model may have better performance when the lights are turned off, but how often do you drive at night with no lights on? Hopefully never!

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently trying the camera with a lower EV setting - initial results are good in terms of capturing extra details (ie numberplates) but it does obviously result in a darker image.

Horses for courses really but needs more testing.

I tried four hours on EV-1 and all was ok, I'm all the way down at -3 at the moment but it did get dark but plates became much more legible.

Back