Update on 21 August

$61.99 for SJ7000 Video Camcorder

Coupon Code: GBSJ7000

Product's link: http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_197095.html?wid=1

Main Features:
WiFi function
2.0 inch high resolution capturing 1080P FHD video
High-definition digital motion video recording device
Ultra compact and lightweight design
Video recording while charging
Crystal clear HDMI output
Support micro SD card up to 32GB (not included)
Perfect for outdoor sports, extreme sports, home security, car DVR, etc.
High-definition video recording
It is easy to take photos and videos
Versatile functions: It can record voice, still image and video
Waterproof shell, suitable for outdoor activity
170 degrees wide angle is perfect for catching more details
Ideal companion for sports and outdoor enthusiasts

Looks like a Blackview Hero 1 clone, with the SJxxxx name copied from SJCAM.

Isn't everything designed after gobroke r&d?
I don't think even blackview is original design.
The question is how well it performs.

R&D, don't confuse it with Research & Development, I was referring to the more commonly seen version, Remember & Duplicate
Thanks, just want to clarify whether your R&D mean good thing or bad thing ;)

Isn't everything designed after gobroke r&d?
I don't think even blackview is original design.
The question is how well it performs.

I know they are GoPro clone, but to be more precise because I did receive a test sample of Blackview Hero 2 from GearBest (thanks anyway), I can see the design is very similar. The front facade is white colour like Blackview, unlike GoPro which is silver colour. The side patterned black surface also appears the same as Blackview. Finally the waterproof case also looks the same, judging by the black bezel surrounding the lens. May be they just rebadged the Blackview Hero 1 as this SJ7000?

Cloning is not a bad thing.
It's actually good for customers.
Hell, even government sues big companies against monopoly so why should consumers be limited to one original brand/model that costs an arm and leg?
If we were limited to only the initial inventions, lot of us won't be able to afford over 90% of things.

Sure, however there is good clone and there is bad clone. Which one will this be?

Sure, however there is good clone and there is bad clone. Which one will this be?
There are sample videos and it looks pretty good but those with different models will know the difference.

Hell, even government sues big companies against monopoly so why should consumers be limited to one original brand/model that costs an arm and leg?
If we were limited to only the initial inventions, lot of us won't be able to afford over 90% of things.

It is one thing to make a similar competitive product but to make an exact looking copy otherwise known as a clone that is specifically designed to be confused with the original is outright stealing of others creative and intellectual property!

Cloning is defined as a "counterfeit product made or sold under another's brand name without the brand owner’s authorization that infringes on either the trade mark, patent or copyright of the brand owner by passing off its goods as made by the brand owner".

Even SJCam, the maker of GoPro clones has been forced to take measures to protect their own brand from cloners. Xiaomi has had to go to great lengths to protect their battery banks from cloners making exact copies because these poor quality clones are ruining their reputation for quality and reliability. There are countless other examples of cloning and counterfeiting of goods on the market and it is the subject of increasing crackdown and enforcement in international trade.

Aside from the fact that cloning products is by definition stealing, clones are more often than not cheap inferior quality copies of questionable reliability, performance and sometimes safety. The notion that, "Cloning is not a bad thing. It's actually good for customers." is a ridiculous, dumb notion.

Last edited:
Yep ban all clones.

There is some difference in counterfeit and how the technology is copied and internet is full of those research.
If both were same, they won't be legally in the market.

All smartphones look pretty similar.
Now fake iPhone if sold as fake is fine with me and buyers pay less as expected but selling fake iphone as real is deceit.

North%20Korea's%20Kim%20Jong-un

Be happy for that.:)

Look at the guy at left, his family won't get food the next month.

Back