2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

It seems to be recording with or without motion non-stop. For example, I park my car for 1 hour with no motion up front, it will record the full 1 hour...

Yes. that is the intended behavior.
I believe the newer firmware will allow you to allocate how many % the parking recording clip can occupy on the SD card.
I stopped my camera from recording cause it was getting hot being on all the time.

Yes. that is the intended behavior.
I believe the newer firmware will allow you to allocate how many % the parking recording clip can occupy on the SD card.
I stopped my camera from recording cause it was getting hot being on all the time.
Thanks.

I took a look at my microSD card. There is no video in the parking folder. Maybe the camera is not thinking it's in parking mode. Any reason this may be the case?

Thanks.

I took a look at my microSD card. There is no video in the parking folder. Maybe the camera is not thinking it's in parking mode. Any reason this may be the case?

I believe this folder stores only events detected during parking mode. Better to let the Gurus here advise.

However mine was tapped to the wrong wire during installation and could not detect park mode.
Try a simple test by setting your camera to "Drive Only" in parking mode option. Take out your keys and see if the unit shuts down.

Yeah something does sound wrong with installation there - normally when you stop the car and turn off the ACC power you will see a P logo appear in the top left of the X2 screen to show it's in parking mode and in the newer firmwares you get counters for how many GSensor and Motion triggers have occurred.

It would only constantly record if it saw constant motion retriggering things but the video would be in the Parking folder.

What settings do you have for parking mode?

The SDXC card issues are being worked on - I'm currently running a 32GB and a 64GB card both formatted as exFAT now to see how that goes - I didn't have any issues with 1.01.02 and I've only been on 1.01.04 for 24 hours but the specific SDXC fixes are yet to come - the last few firmwares have been improving night mode,

Hi, friends. What can you tell me about Panorama X2. Is it better or worse than Finevu CR-2000G?
I've also considered buying Marcus 5 and Lukas 9700. I really don't know which one will be the best, the more reliable.
Thank you in advance for any help.

The X2 is better than the Marcus 5 which has quite a dark image at night.

The Lukas 9700 has the IMX122 at the front which is the sensor featured in the older Panorama II & S which is the current all around best dashcam on here. The rear camera is only 720p though.

Lukas have a newer 9300 which has the same IMX322 sensor up front as the X2 but again is just 720p for the rear.

There seem to be happy owners of all the cameras though, so it's whatever you're happiest with and ticks all the boxes. I'm running an X2 right now.

Appearance wise the X2 is very similar to the Finevu - I've not dug into the firmware for that to see what it actually runs on - I'll see if I can find out :) From what I'm reading here - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/english-firmware-available-for-cr-2000g-cr-2i.7676/ - the X2 is better.

Thank you for your prompt response, Reverend. I'd go with a Panorama X2 because I liked the features of my Panorama G. However, it's only one month old and yesterday I noticed a full line of dead pixels just after I started the car. I concluded for myself that the quality of Powerucc cameras could be better. Am I wrong?

Was that bought from @Pier28? If it's only one month old it should be swapped out under warranty?

I'm just looking at the FineVu now - they're saying that it doesn't match the quality of the X2 running FW 1.00.17 at night and the X2 has moved on considerably since then at night with the 1.01.xx firmwares.

The FineVu is an Ambarella A7 based device using an IMX122 from the firmware.

I've got a couple of G's and have had no hardware issues yet.

Here are the latest X2 screens from nighttime:

frame-2014-11-27-18-09-32-1-25-43-602-jpg.9733

frame-2014-11-27-18-41-35-1-57-46-563-jpg.9742

frame-2014-11-27-18-54-18-2-10-29-244-jpg.9749

frame-2014-11-27-18-55-01-2-11-12-342-jpg.9750

frame-2014-11-27-19-07-51-2-24-03-062-jpg.9760

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that bought from @Pier28? If it's only one month old it should be swapped out under warranty?

I'm just looking at the FineVu now - they're saying that it doesn't match the quality of the X2 running FW 1.00.17 at night and the X2 has moved on considerably since then at night with the 1.01.xx firmwares.

The FineVu is an Ambarella A7 based device using an IMX122 from the firmware.

I've got a couple of G's and have had no hardware issues yet.

Here are the latest X2 screens from nighttime:

frame-2014-11-27-18-09-32-1-25-43-602-jpg.9733

frame-2014-11-27-18-41-35-1-57-46-563-jpg.9742

frame-2014-11-27-18-54-18-2-10-29-244-jpg.9749

frame-2014-11-27-18-55-01-2-11-12-342-jpg.9750

frame-2014-11-27-19-07-51-2-24-03-062-jpg.9760

The camera is still under warranty. However, I live in Brazil and it would cost too much to ship it back to the USA for a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
[
The camera is still under warranty. However, I live in Brazil and it would cost too much to ship it back to the USA for a replacement.

Hello, sorry to hear about the Panorama G dead pixels. Out of the 100's of Panoramas we've sold all year only had 1 RMA for dead pixels before.
Hopefully your G dead pixels are just for the LCD Display and not for the CMOS sensor that effects the actual recording. (edit confirmed it was screen only, didn't effect recorded video)
So while the defect rate of all Panorama products is quite low, anything is possible with electronics. We haven't had any RMA for X2 yet, it's built very well.
I just sent you a PM with a special discount to get the X2.

Last edited:
Been using the X2 on 1.00.17 for about 2 weeks now, I think its time to get more adventurous with the X2... can I have access to the beta firmware section?

Anyone who is running older FW should move to the newest one once it's confirmed not to brick the unit. Many of us jump in to beta test and since most of us are running the latest to help debug the OS, majority of our discussion tends to lean towards the newest current FWs.

I upgraded to latest 1.01.04 firmware to find camera crashing. Screen goes off and doesn't respond. After recycle power, getting gray box in center of screen and touch get no response.
Roll back to 1.01.03. Format card. Next day same thing. Cam is dead. Recycle power. Getting gray box. This must be due to memory cards full and camera re-write.
I really can't wait for that magical firmware that will fix this. The hardware is wonderful on paper. The camera has some great spec on paper. The firmware suck though. Still waiting set and forget reliability

Writing this, I must stress how Jon provides support and stand behind his product. He is mailing me 2 32GB cards till the 64GB firmware is ready in approx 2 weeks. I hope eventually this is is going to be worthwhile and this is going to be the cam that leaves all the rest in the dust...

Question. I can not test just yet. If and when card fills it does rewrite over the oldest file correct?

That's right - the files are split into three folders - Normal, Parking and Event.

The files in each will loop independently and you can control the percentage each folder can take up before it loops over the oldest files.

I was told the best FAT32 tool to use (especially on 64GB Transcend cards) is:
http://www.verbatim.com/index/search.php?words=fat32 tool
If >32GB customers are having issues, please try using this tool until the new exFAT firmware comes out.
I downloaded this utility but the drop down menu where you need to select the drive doesn't open. Couldn't use it. Also, the cards could not be read by my PC. I had to reformat them first

Back