2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

It seemed like even for the latest FW, it didn't solve the SDXC issue yet unless we go for Transcend 300x

Anyone having any issues with Transcend 300x SDXC so far? It must be formatted to fat32 in order to be used smoothly is it?

I just formatted it to FAT32 and trying at the moment. Will let you know the results. Hope it works out this time.

I
OK it was a volume bitmap issue with the front card again - this seems to happen in camera so for now even though Sandisk Ultra works as exFAT I've got to say it's too unreliable.

Code:
C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h:
The type of the file system is exFAT.
Volume Serial Number is 3A0C-1E0E
Windows is verifying files and folders...
Volume label is HD2_F.
Windows found errors on the disk, but will not fix them
because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.
File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has checked the file system and found problems.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

62334976 KB total disk space.
  35108096 KB in 179 files.
       640 KB in 5 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
       256 KB in use by the system.
  27225984 KB available on disk.

131072 bytes in each allocation unit.
    486992 total allocation units on disk.
    212703 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h: /f
Volume label is HD2_F.
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
No further action is required.

35154176 KB in 180 files.
       768 KB in 6 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
  27179776 KB available on disk.

212342 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h: /f
Volume label is HD2_F.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

35154176 KB in 180 files.
       768 KB in 6 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
  27179776 KB available on disk.

212342 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>
Basically when the volume bitmap issue arises its head is when the camera starts doing funky things like stopping recording, hanging on shutdown and so on. On this occurrence it looks like it happened because the camera started then shutoff quickly when the car stalled.

This is the sort of thing I think Sungmoon means when he says Sandisk can have issues. Maybe they're using new controllers in the 128GB cards which is why @Dionic90 is not having the issues.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have the camera scan the filesystem at startup using the equivalent of fsck / exfatfsck / chkdsk - if that was an option it would wipe out any problems like this as it would be self healing?

It's always the front card that caused the grey box for me.

im still not seeing the dimming on the front. if this cam had a "spot" meter mode (like the dome g90) that would work great.

i use also 64gb sandisk cards in addition to 128gb and as mentioned i just format them all in the cam and there is no issue.

again in regards to stopping recording, tap the screen so the icons show up, then tap the cog.

i know im not the only one who can do that?

im still not seeing the dimming on the front. if this cam had a "spot" meter mode (like the dome g90) that would work great.

i use also 64gb sandisk cards in addition to 128gb and as mentioned i just format them all in the cam and there is no issue.

again in regards to stopping recording, tap the screen so the icons show up, then tap the cog.

i know im not the only one who can do that?
I think because you are constantly formatting it inside the camera..

Try leaving the cards untouched and camera untouched for say 5 days +/- and constantly recording.. See what happens then.. ? Greybox would be inevitable.

Has anybody noticed a constant high pitched noise on the recordings? Sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. I actually have a clip of it 'turning on'...

Oh it turns out this happens on multiple clips, and exactly at the 40 second mark! Whats up with that!

Has anybody noticed a constant high pitched noise on the recordings? Sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. I actually have a clip of it 'turning on'...

Oh it turns out this happens on multiple clips, and exactly at the 40 second mark! Whats up with that!
Is that when you've got the microphone on or even without?

Yeah same here - a very high frequency buzzing. Some cameras do it with certain sd cards, I wondered if maybe it was something like that if they don't all do it. Otherwise it could be internal noise maybe? 40 seconds is a strange number though?

Is that when you've got the microphone on or even without?

Have not tried it with the microphone off, only on. And I noticed in one of my clips, the second I touched the screen to switch from the screensaver clock to live feed, the noise stopped.

I was wondering the same thing about the noice. But I've heard that noice on other panoramas, from watching YouTube videos, so i figured it is just the way it works.

Looked over the vids last night and the 3 feet extension cable for my rear camera I have is working fine. It's this one here on Amazon. Make sure it's the standard one if anyone is ordering, and not the OTG cable which the seller also sells. They also sell a 6 inch one and should function as well but I haven't tested that cable. So as long as this is working, I won't need to redo my cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00B5HSCW0

Looked over the vids last night and the 3 feet extension cable for my rear camera I have is working fine. It's this one here on Amazon. Make sure it's the standard one if anyone is ordering, and not the OTG cable which the seller also sells. They also sell a 6 inch one and should function as well but I haven't tested that cable. So as long as this is working, I won't need to redo my cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00B5HSCW0

Wow really? Maybe the cable isn't as proprietary as we thought. (which makes sense as far as manufacture costs go) We'll have to see how an extension holds up over the longer term.

I think it's proprietary as far as Sungmoon sourced that particular cable and length, maybe that's the way I see it? It would make sense that an extension works in that I'm sure there are standards to be held in utilizing the micro usb connector, etc.

I think it's more proprietary in that although it uses the micro USB pinout if you plug the rear camera into a PC it's not recognised as a USB device as it's an LVDS device. Straight through USB cables should (and do) extend it :)

Great news anyway and makes life easier :)

I think because you are constantly formatting it inside the camera..

Try leaving the cards untouched and camera untouched for say 5 days +/- and constantly recording.. See what happens then.. ? Greybox would be inevitable.

thats foolish with all due respect. why would i WANT to mess up the cam just to prove a point? :rolleyes:

if anything you should follow MY routine! o_O

thats foolish with all due respect. why would i WANT to mess up the cam just to prove a point? :rolleyes:

if anything you should follow MY routine! o_O
Wait till a day when something happened, and u need to abstract the videos but it failed on you, then we see who is the foolish one.. o_O

This is not a case of SanDisk or whatsoever brand war, but a problem with the X2's compatibility with SDXC

Your routine might work for the time being but not forever, only time will tell..

Last edited:
As i said before rear camera is not working well in parking mode. Actually is working only when bright light is or day time. At night, with low light (like street lights) is not working.
I mount my rear inside the car (observing passengers is more important for me) and as you can see on video waving hand in front of camera with normal street light is not recording. Only when I switch on the courtesy light is working fine.
I believe that is adjustment problem and could be solved in future update. It's important because if someone walking around your car and damage it or if break inside, you can't see it later.

Second problem observed :
The camera jammed. I met this as I drove (no idea how long ago happened, but observed at least for 15 miles without change). The counter is red, but only zero's. The camera was not responsive at all. Only the screen saver was working. After engine switch off/on - nothing. Only unplug the power cable and plug in again after some time resolved it.
I'm with 2 x64 gb transcend Premium x300 (bought from Amazon), fat32 formated, software is .17,
I'm sorry about the quality, but my phone can't focus from such short distance.

The problem with the camera stopping at 0:00:00 is due to filesystem issues on the cards - if you connect them to a PC and run for example chkdsk that will fix the filesystem issues and then the camera will work again.

Interesting to see it happens on the Transcend 64GB cards in FAT32 though as I'd assumed that was an exFAT issue as I've seen that twice now here.

Work is ongoing in the background to resolve these issues though.

From what I heard, even on the latest upcoming firmware, it cannot fully solve the SDXC issue yet...

The only few times I had grey box on the screen is when I used 64Gb Transcend 300x formatted inside unit ( exFat ). Grey box appeared about 2-3 times out of 10 driving. After formatting 64Gb in PC from exFat to Fat32 using Smartdisk tool, there are no more issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back