A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Sorry my mistake - motion detect was off, I think g-sensor has an off setting now? will check when I go back to the car

Any other thoughts?

G-Sensor always had an off setting, if motion detect is off then the only thing I'd suggest is using a good quality 32gb card, not Sandisk though

samsung evo both in 32gb and 62gb after having issues with sandisks as advised on here?

Could I have a faulty unit?

Motion detect is on or off, G-Sensor has three settings, low is what I'd suggest for that
Agreed. I had mine not recording at night with motion on as it wasn't detecting enough. G sensor had a lot of RO files when set too high. Things like entering a driveway were RO due to the bumps.

G-Sensor always had an off setting, if motion detect is off then the only thing I'd suggest is using a good quality 32gb card, not Sandisk though

Your making me nervous! I've got a 32gb sandisk card in one of mine, in a weeks use I've had no problems with it, no missed or short recordings or corrupted files. I hope it keeps on working that way!

Sandisk was a problem - but samsung should be ok

I will try a 32gb and different settings and will report back.

Otherwise more than impressed with the little camera - even gave a copy of footage to the police to support a RTA that I was not involved in and they were impressed with the quality !

Sandisk was a problem - but samsung should be ok

I will try a 32gb and different settings and will report back.

Otherwise more than impressed with the little camera - even gave a copy of footage to the police to support a RTA that I was not involved in and they were impressed with the quality !

Yes, I'm impressed as well. I've got two fitted to the same car, one rear and one front. I updated the firmware to the same versions in both. Now I can easily get in sync recordings from both to do picture in picture without any manual adjustments needed. Just what I was after. As for the memory cards, I must have just been lucky. No problems with either the Sandisk or the Toshiba ones I've got, both of them 32 GB.

Yeah, I also have no problems using my Sandisk 32GB. But it's better to play it safe I guess. If you can't confidently purchase and use any Sandisk microSD card that meets the camera's requirements, it's better to be cautious and just get a brand that is known to work, rather than one that just might. That's not to say Sandisk is a bad brand, just that it is not necessarily a brand recommended for dashcams, even if it's working fine for myself and others.

Transcend is pretty much rock solid though on a dashcam, so if that's available and priced well go for that as your first choice. I know Pier28 mentioned Lexar as well, but I've had so much bad experience with Lexar cards in the past (for other uses) that I'll never buy that brand again, even if it works fantastically for dashcams.

I use a Kingston memory card with no issues in my B40 and a Samsung card in my Mini 0803 again with no issues.

Just got my B40 today.
Planning to hardwire it up, but any advise in the correct amp to use for fuse tap?

Latest firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/A118/A118_20140821_FW.zip

About the GPS module, we have it in stock for some days, but we hold the selling, because we have bad experience with the Shadow old version GPS module.
Now we heard no problem with GPS module, so we start selling the GPS version.

Please check below link for buy the GPS version.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121426502344
Please set the right time zone before use the GPS module.

Ouch! Should have post it earlier.
Do you sell it separately?

Thats definitely it... $19.90, roughly £12.00 and with free delivery......

I ordered one from pier28 for more than this, which i'm okay about as they have been really helpful......

Back