A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Having asked FoxOffer for replacement/credit note/refund of my faulty A118 after less than 3 months use, they offered me $10 or repair - but they only pay the return shipping cost for DOA or returned within 15 days after received.

I chose repair and sent it back via Post Office - as they advised - at cost of £3.80 without tracking.

Now wait to see.

Sending a dashcam without tracking is taking some risk... :confused:

Well I figured Foxoffer only offered me $10 for it and post with tracking cost £8.80.

The lesson I've already learned is - if you are going to buy from China don't expect UK rules to apply. Buy only from UK dealer if you want to have the protection of UK law.

Although it cost me £49 three months ago, if it goes missing in the post now I've only lost $10 and I won't buy from China again.

I had two failed cameras bought in the UK and had to pay return shipping on those and it cost as much for each time as what you were quoted for tracked to China. After two faulty units I got a refund.

Buying from abroad always carries risks but you'll get a working camera back, it will just take time, but it sounds like Foxoffer are helping you out which is better than a lot of vendors? Even if you'd bought in the UK you'd have to pay return shipping?

I've bought stuff on the Internet from all over the world, and I hate to say it but the only times I've been conned they were all UK sellers!

FoxOffer is an honorable seller. They may not be offering you the solution you wanted but they do make an effort to stand behind what they sell which is more than what you'll get from many Asian sellers. I've ordered several cameras from them and the one time I had a problem they responded very promptly (within less than twelve hours) and they made an effort to work with me to resolve the issue.

Three months is a fair amount of time to expect them to replace a dash cam. They don't know what conditions it was used in, for example. Also, we all know that the Chinese dash cam industry is prone to quality control issues but it is important to understand that the problems that arise with dash cam failures and glitches have an impact on the vendors as much as they do on consumers. The good vendors like FoxOffer do the best they can but there is probably a limit to how much support they can offer after several months have passed.

Last edited:
If a dash cam fails within 12 months of purchase it should be exchanged or refunded. This is standard practice in UK. Its obvious that a dashcam will be subject to extreme environmenral conditions and should be made from suitable quality materials, anything less is unacceptable.

To get UK laws you have to buy in the UK though - FoxOffer are repairing this one which is a good thing? I've read of quite a few stories of other sellers out in that part of the world that don't care as soon as it's made it past the first few weeks and wouldn't even do a repair.

As for refunds most shops in the UK only do around a month though don't they? It's on the back of most receipts that it's 28 or 30 days and this is way past that?

I manually focussed the GT680W yesterday - now they're pretty much identical in the day sharpness wise.

a118screen.jpg
gt680wscreen.jpg
g90screen.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it's strange as I'd expected what with the A118 having greater height in there it would have more fisheye - saying that the glass on the GT680W is tiny in comparison so that's probably why.

I've added the G90 with the Mobius lens to show off that crazy FoV it has!

Well I've already jumped in and ordered 2 x B40s and 2 x hardwire kits, but a question came to mind...

Has anyone seen any trouble with condensation with this camera in the cold like I've seen mentioned in various Mobius threads? *gulp* Thanks!

Haven't seen it, tests have been done at -5c recently and were ok, doesn't get much colder here for any real world testing below that

no condensation issues here in warm wet weather either. raining all day, in and out of the car, a/c running to dry us off, and though the windows occasionally fogged, the cam seemed fine.

no condensation issues here in warm wet weather either. raining all day, in and out of the car, a/c running to dry us off, and though the windows occasionally fogged, the cam seemed fine.

the CMOS sensor generates quite a bit of heat so they thaw themselves out pretty quickly, if mounted close to the glass they can make enough heat to keep the window in front clear in parking mode when the weather is cold

I saw foxoffer in ebay, they are offering add-on SquareTrade 3-yrs protection warranty options for 14.99 that covers 2-way shipping, etc. Do you think this is a better deal to what foxoffer direct has at the moment?

Hi all !

I have received today my 3rd A118 with GPS module from Foxoffer.

I have no problem with the lens, focus is OK on the whole picture.

But there is a problem with the GPS speed.
It appears that the speed shown on Registretor Viewer is about the half of the real speed.
I've not mesured precisely, but I don't think that this is a problem with miles vs km/h.

EDIT : I think that the problem is that the camera does not make a good fix and gives an approximate speed. After 10 minutes of driving, my real speed was not stable.

So there is 2 issues :
1/ fix too long and approximate fix giving bad speed information
2/ Registrator Viewer show about half of real speed compared to speed stamp on the dashcam

Any idea ?

Any way to have speed stamp overlay option ?

Last edited:
i saw in another thread here that the next version of registrator viewer (or perhaps the beta if it's available) will fix the half speed issue.

Yes you are right, Vadim has sent me Registrator Viewer 5.9.0.8 by email and now GPS speed is correct.

There is still the issue of GPS speed incorrect compared to real speed.
How much time do I need to drive before GPS speed will be reliable ?

Back