MOD 6Vf
1080p/30fps, WDR Off, EV -1/3, Strong sharpness.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyiagiqlbif4te9/2018_1020_100332_300.MP4?dl=0
I think the strong option is very good. I am going to use it.

Please note that my personal car windshield is 14 years old with many scratches that affects image quality, especially night time scenes.
Very good 6Vf Footage! Most End Users will use Sharpness > Normal 60 level but after tweaking high end up to 'halo' limit many owners can use Strong 70 level. We need more Strong level footage under all lighting conditions but it looks like a perfect maximum setting unlike the extreme levels used by official VIOFO firmware.

Reminder to all DCTeam, if your online Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, MediaFire accounts are full delete all shared clips except most recent. I created the Modified Firmware Comparison videos so the RAW files can be purged.
Requesting much more Stable Vf footage for Ultimate A119S Promotional compilation, send me your best clips.
DCTeam Special Projects is about to reveal full VIOFO Dashcam line cooperative effort story book, stay tuned, it will be Epic!

I have to replace 3M EVA foam pad. The camera is moving in the holder.
easy to fix, no foam required.
:: 25mm long 0.5mm thick end of a cable tie (or any other plastic) + crazy glue, v.1 (longer than 25mm, v.2 = 25mm) picture below, no camera movement on a (GPS) mount:

IMG_0599.JPG

Last edited:
Test Footage with firmware: FWA119S_MOD-6Vf_v4.02B+26Mbps+Sharp506070+Edge138+DCTeam
2 Cameras One running Sharpness70(Sharp) the Other running Sharp60(Normal).

1080p 60fps
60hz
mp4
WDR=0ff
looptime = 1min
ev=0

Each pair of clips was simultaneous.
-------------------------------------------------------
Clip #1 Night + Rain Sharp70 LENS2

Clip #2 Night + Rain Sharp60 LENS1
Clip #3 Day + Rain Sharp70 LENS2

Clip #4 Day + Rain Sharp60 LENS1
Clip #5 Day + Cloudy Sharp70 LENS2

Clip #6 Day + Cloudy Sharp60 LENS1

Rumor has it this object called the "Sun" will be visible tomorrow. Hopefully this rumor is true. Too much rain and flooding around here.

Other notes: In my review of the footage I need to re-position my cams on my windshield. The night clip shows too much radio reflection with the sharp 60 cam. It is mounted a little higher and to the left of center in my windshield and the sharp 70 is more dead center just below the review mirror mount. I plan to move the Sharp 70 to the right a tiny bit and move the sharp 60 down along side the other so they are more in the same plane and closer to the center.

Last edited:
Test Footage with firmware: FWA119S_MOD-6Vf_v4.02B+26Mbps+Sharp506070+Edge138+DCTeam

1080p 60fps
60hz
mp4
WDR=0ff
looptime = 1min
ev=0

Clip #1 Night + Rain Sharp70

Clip #2 Night + Rain Sharp60
Clip #3 Day + Rain Sharp70

Clip #4 Day + Rain Sharp60
Clip #5 Day + Cloudy Sharp70

Clip #6 Day + Cloudy Sharp60

Rumor has it this object called the "Sun" will be visible tomorrow. Hopefully this rumor is true. Too much rain and flooding around here.

Other notes: In my review of the footage I need to re-position my cams on my windshield. The night clip shows too much radio reflection with the sharp 60 cam. It is mounted a little higher and to the left of center in my windshield and the sharp 70 is more dead center just below the review mirror mount. I plan to move the Sharp 70 to the right a tiny bit and move the sharp 60 down along side the other so they are more in the same plane and closer to the center.
I hope the rumor is true the Formula 1 cars in Austin won't need pontoons [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Can someone point me towards a link for the cable needed to set the focus when my new lens arrived. I only have monitors with hdmi.

Can someone point me towards a link for the cable needed to set the focus when my new lens arrived. I only have monitors with hdmi.
The replacement Lens will be already Focused in metal holder mounted to sensor board. It ships as single unit as shown in Lens1 & Lens2 illustration above.
Use my Disassemble & ReFocus videos to simply disconnect original ribbon cable and connect to new Lens module. Do not over tighten the tiny screws into plastic.

Thanks and I thought I would need to re focus it myself and was asking what cable I would need like your old camcorder lead but I don't have a monitor with an old video input only a 2017 new 65" 4k tv which I use as a home media centre / PC monitor.

Thanks and I thought I would need to re focus it myself and was asking what cable I would need like your old camcorder lead but I don't have a monitor with an old video input only a 2017 new 65" 4k tv which I use as a home media centre / PC monitor.
I wouldn't want anyone to go through all that intricate effort just to get perfect focus from a new Dashcam unless its your only option.
VIOFO is doing an excellent job handling Support Tickets today. Hopefully quality control improves as well so focus issues never occur again.
Take your time replacing the Lens module, usually it requires 2.5 Espresso/Cappuccinos for my hands to stop shaking.

Being a retired Electrician I like to get my lump hammers out every now and again to tinker I enjoy it :) I usually find a few tots of whiskey does the calming better than cappuccinos.

1080p 60fps
60hz
mp4
WDR=0ff
looptime = 1min
ev=0

Clip #1 Night + Rain Sharp70

Clip #2 Night + Rain Sharp60
Clip #3 Day + Rain Sharp70

Clip #4 Day + Rain Sharp60
Clip #5 Day + Cloudy Sharp70

Clip #6 Day + Cloudy Sharp60

Best cloudy rainy footage ever from your A119S, congratz! Very interesting comparison done using my 27" Monitor (sharpness&autofix disabled), The A119S with Sharp70-Strong level win but the A119S with Sharp60 wins for color Hue/Tint.
My guess would be A119S Sharp70 = Lens1 // Sharp60 = Lens2
Tip: for perfect night footage dim Dash light level by 50% and cover center console from top radio to bottom shifter with dark cloth cut to allow control access.

Last edited:
MOD 6Vf – 1080p@30fps – 60Hz – CPL – WDR Off – Sharp Low – Lens Type 2 (A129)

I did a super cleaning of both the inside and outside of my windshield, so video would be the best it could be for at least one day.

It was a very weird day, as there was sun and temps hit 23C. We’ve already been hitting 2C during the day, and -5C at night.

Parking Lot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11dmbFSnYugma7XPRCScVLh5nKoc6MnsR

Lots of lines to look at here. The front grill on the Toyota as it drives by (heavy brake foot on that driver), the apartment building, etc. For a properly focused lens, I think the low setting should be used as any higher and I think it would be way too sharp.

I’ve been gone for a while working on some life/career stuff, so I’ve missed a bunch of changes, but very impressed with the progress on the FW.

Direct Sunlight:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bOfkoYu-yJNZwZTrEHHFnjEAzUMyRB7B

Showing the effect of a CPL filter apparently! Had the sun in front of me the entire time. Normally the dash would have caused a huge reflection, but you can still see quite well, even the lens. Visibility is better than I could see anyway.

If you look just around the sun throughout the video, you can notice an odd sparkling effect. There are a lot of tiny white specks flickering in close proximity to the sun, and they follow it around wherever the sun moves as I drive. Not sure what causes that.

Evening Rain:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ZkpjaxQs8OkJlaGZ5wCVSqu-Q4a53y5

Clean windshield lasted less than a day… I guess this is an advertisement for Rain-X? I decided to give it a shot. Surprised this stuff works that well. Only need to occasionally use my wipers now.

It’s not completely night in the video, but the picture is good for this time of the day. It’s pretty clear and you still get lots of detail (wet road reflections, trees, cars, etc.).

I think this may actually be rivalling MOD 1.01 7Hb now. Impressive.

Which is the latest lens Viofo is shipping or is there a choice with the different FOV?110/140. I hope I get the same lens as lukasz.pl as this is the best footage I have seen in 37 pages of tests.

@ lukasz.pl Which lens do you have please.

MOD 6Vf – 1080p@30fps – 60Hz – CPL – WDR Off – Sharp Low – Lens Type 2 (A129)

I did a super cleaning of both the inside and outside of my windshield, so video would be the best it could be for at least one day.

It was a very weird day, as there was sun and temps hit 23C. We’ve already been hitting 2C during the day, and -5C at night.

Parking Lot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11dmbFSnYugma7XPRCScVLh5nKoc6MnsR

Lots of lines to look at here. The front grill on the Toyota as it drives by (heavy brake foot on that driver), the apartment building, etc. For a properly focused lens, I think the low setting should be used as any higher and I think it would be way too sharp.

I’ve been gone for a while working on some life/career stuff, so I’ve missed a bunch of changes, but very impressed with the progress on the FW.

Direct Sunlight:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bOfkoYu-yJNZwZTrEHHFnjEAzUMyRB7B

Showing the effect of a CPL filter apparently! Had the sun in front of me the entire time. Normally the dash would have caused a huge reflection, but you can still see quite well, even the lens. Visibility is better than I could see anyway.

If you look just around the sun throughout the video, you can notice an odd sparkling effect. There are a lot of tiny white specks flickering in close proximity to the sun, and they follow it around wherever the sun moves as I drive. Not sure what causes that.

Evening Rain:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ZkpjaxQs8OkJlaGZ5wCVSqu-Q4a53y5

Clean windshield lasted less than a day… I guess this is an advertisement for Rain-X? I decided to give it a shot. Surprised this stuff works that well. Only need to occasionally use my wipers now.

It’s not completely night in the video, but the picture is good for this time of the day. It’s pretty clear and you still get lots of detail (wet road reflections, trees, cars, etc.).

I think this may actually be rivalling MOD 1.01 7Hb now. Impressive.
Excellent 6Vf Sharp50Low comparison! Welcome back, didn't realize how warm it still is there, October can get snow often, enjoy it while you can.
Your A119S with Lens2 is perfectly focused and works well with Sharpness > Soft50 level, you may be surprised what Normal60 level will do. Agreed CPL is a 'must have' dashcam accessory. The floating sparkles is interior cabin dust shining, I get same effect with my indoor security cam pointing out the window when sun shines on lens. Very impressive RainX Promo, suggest contacting company to submit, will include in our next compilation video.
Agreed this newest Stable MOD-6Vf approaches IQ of MOD-7Hb v1.01 old school hack. Was awaiting your return to combine 6Vf + 7Hb for unknown IQ results. Thanks for the UofM memory!

Which is the latest lens Viofo is shipping or is there a choice with the different FOV?110/140. I hope I get the same lens as lukasz.pl as this is the best footage I have seen in 37 pages of tests.

There is no choice of Lens when buying retail A119S, it comes with whatever production line used that week. Unknown what you will receive unless you specifically requested lukasz.pl Lens1. Just to be clear Lens1 / Lens2 is DCTeam ID not official, just makes it easier to reference in the Forum. We need much more footage to compare the true differences between them besides the obvious Field of View. This is another reason I selected A119S for retail purchase, it can be modified many different ways and handles 28Mbps BitRate heat as @gse proved during more than 3 months daily use in the summer.

DCTeam-A119S-Lens1+Lens2.png

Last edited:
Problem!
The camera was in parking mode from 20:00 pm yesterday. Today a found it with a green light on the REC button. It has stoppped recording yesterday at 23:30 pm. The memory card is full, so i am wondering: it doesn't loop in parking mode?!

I have the lens number one:
0c6776d6e1fbf2aaaf76c9baebdbed6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Best cloudy rainy footage ever from your A119S, congratz! Very interesting comparison done using my 27" Monitor (sharpness&autofix disabled), The A119S with Sharp70-Strong level win but the A119S with Sharp60 wins for color Hue/Tint.
My guess would be A119S Sharp70 = Lens1 // Sharp60 = Lens2
Tip: for perfect night footage dim Dash light level by 50% and cover center console from top radio to bottom shifter with dark cloth cut to allow control access.

Actually Sharp60 was Lens 1 and Sharp70 was Lens2.

Edited my post to show which was what lens

Actually Sharp60 was Lens 1 and Sharp70 was Lens2.

Edited my post to show which was what lens
Judging by your comparison I don't see a difference in FOV, and it was said that Lens1 has 110 and Lens2 140 FOV. I would say they are very similar. What do you think?

Back