A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

If you don't see Mass Storage Mode on the screen, doesn't sound like the driver is loading on your computer. Try plugging into a different USB port. Try rebooting. Try using another SG/MicroSD USB card reader. (better option)

Okay, with the SD card in the card reader, and formatted, I drug the new file to the SD card and double clicked on it and it's trying to open with VLC program, and displaying an error.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Okay, with the SD card in the card reader, and formatted, I drug the new file to the SD card and double clicked on it and it's trying to open with VLC program, and displaying an error.

that would be the expected result, don't double click it, the camera needs to run the file, not your computer

Okay, I'll try again.
THANK you

FWA119S.bin File downloaded to computer, transferred to sd card, put sd card into camera, plugged usb into dashcam and computer, camera simply turned on and started recording. I guess I'm stuck with no update.

You can't use a computer usb port since it will detect data for mass storage mode. Try powering using the car cig power or use your wall power USB cell phone power adapter that has a usb port.

Should I have A119S_170609_V1.6.0.1.B ?

FW_A119S_20170622_V1.7.zip is failing to download from the Viofo site

I was having Windstream problems. I got the file via my phone and emailed it to myself.

Everything installed fine. now that I've gone thru the process, it turned out to be straightforward.

Sorry to have been a bother, but I did appreciate the patience and time and help.

Have a great weekend and thanks to ALL who pitched in th help me. [emoji106][emoji3]

Looking forward to it, though I'm hoping it the GPS will still set the time automatically - that is the main reason I have the GPS model.
A119 V3.1B firmware does not automatically reset the date/time if the GPS setting is "OFF". If GPS setting is "ON", the date and time are automatically reset, regardless of the GPS Info Stamp setting. Neither of these menu settings changed with the V3.1B beta firmware. Since I don't have software to dig out the embedded GPS data, I did not test to see when the embedded data is turned off, but I would speculate that it is switched off when the GPS setting is set to "OFF".

FWA119S.bin File downloaded to computer, transferred to sd card, put sd card into camera, plugged usb into dashcam and computer, camera simply turned on and started recording. I guess I'm stuck with no update.
Try this:

1. Either in your car, or using the USB charger from a tablet, cell phone, or other device, power up your A119S, go into the menu, and format the micro SD card.

2. Download the FWA119S.bin file to your computer.

3. Connect either the A119S or the micro SD card to your computer and copy FWA119S.bin to the root directory of the micro SD card.

4. Use the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" function of your computer, then disconnect the A119S or micro SD card from the computer.

5. Once again either in your car, or using the USB charger from a tablet, cell phone, or other device, power up your A119S. The red light on the REC button should blink fast for a short time, this sometimes happens several times with short intervals in between, then finally power up. New firmware version should now be loaded.

Интересно есть ли способ вернуть к жизни 119S, если прошивка не удалась.
Например инжинерный файл, или другой способ реанимации.
Вобщем как поднять 119S из состояния "кирпич"?
Для Ambarella есть программа DirectUSB и инжинерный файл elf.
Для Novatec есть , что то подобное или только через программатор.?

Интересно есть ли способ вернуть к жизни 119S, если прошивка не удалась.
Например инжинерный файл, или другой способ реанимации.
Вобщем как поднять 119S из состояния "кирпич"?
Для Ambarella есть программа DirectUSB и инжинерный файл elf.
Для Novatec есть , что то подобное или только через программатор.?

it's very hard to brick a Novatek camera, as long as it will power on the bootloader should run a firmware file

Reactions: gse
Значит для 119S , загрузчик вшит в каждом ПО ? или есть отдельный файл как для 119?

Значит для 119S , загрузчик вшит в каждом ПО ? или есть отдельный файл как для 119?

the bootloader is separate to the firmware, it's similar to BIOS for your computer, as long as BIOS is there operating system can be loaded

LDBA 119 bin, есть такой для 119S ?

Back