A129 Pro firmware

Like I said, I haven’t any issue you describe. As for heat issue, the only bug is the g force sensitivity. Work great until a period of time and I hit bump it thinks there was a collision. For now I turn the feature off. I suggested to VIOFO a possible solution which they will address. The point I am making is that the issue u are experiencing, I haven’t yet to experience.

It worked for me for about 4-5months without issue and then it started to be out of control...

Those of you who encountered the beep issues, i noticed many of you tried to test cams on table and didn't see the issue until you placed it back to car. Does somebody tried to power it from powerbank on table and then just relocate the dashcam to car with the powerbank to see if the issue persists?

Last edited:
Like I said, I haven’t any issue you describe. As for heat issue, the only bug is the g force sensitivity. Work great until a period of time and I hit bump it thinks there was a collision. For now I turn the feature off. I suggested to VIOFO a possible solution which they will address. The point I am making is that the issue u are experiencing, I haven’t yet to experience.

You use HK3 to connect the camera?

Btw today i noticed something, on car battery i have 12,40V i checking directly the car battery but in HK3 i have 12,20 and its keep going down and down and down. Is this odd? Car battery is new bought it 2020.

Last edited:
With most HWK's the setting isn't accurate when checked with a voltmeter; a +/- 0.2V variation isn't uncommon. Then again, the voltage at which battery damage or a no-start condition begins isn't an absolute number either. Alweays check with a voltmeter if possible- even the cheap ones are fairly accurate for this purpose nowadays..

Phil

Even with a new battery, if you allow it to drop at any time to 50 percent charge (or less), your battery health will be under 100 percent. (with battery analyzer it may read 85% health).

Your car charging system (alternator/Generator) will bring it up to full charge voltage but not fix the health of the battery. After shutting off the vehicle, the voltage will drop slowly to the point that your camera will shut down as set by your HK3. Most will not be even aware of this, as you still able to start up your vehicle in most cases. If parked for days or weeks, it will drop a lot. Running your vehicle for a few hours or even a day, won't fix the issue.

Keep in mind, when your vehicle is parked and key turn off, the vehicle system still draws a low amount of current, more so, if you have the VIOFO park mode enabled and if it get activated often, due to motion and activity around your vehicle, it will draw more current, writing files.

The only way, I was able to resolve this, is using a battery conditioner (Can take 4 hours to fix and days if badly sulphated.). Every month or so, depending, I use my Foxwell BT715 to check the health and determine if I do a condition of the battery, using my NOCO G2600 unit.

As a result, my VIOFO doesn't shut off and through out the night or day, it records the activity.

As I mentioned before, the only glitch is the G force activation when my truck hit a bump, becomes too sensitive when it get very warm. Could be fixed with software update, I think.

This only fixes this particular issue. It is possible to have unrelated issues due to settings, how things are wired, setup and etc. First fix or prove one is not having this issue, then move on to the next issue. It is important that troubleshooting be done in an organize and proper steps, otherwise you will come to wrong diagnoses/conclusion.

Yes, I use HK3, one lead directly to battery and the ground to the battery Negative post. (I don't use body/chassis of truck for ground.) The other line is connected to a fused circuit that only powered when truck is running/ignition key is on. This tell VIOFO, to go into park mode when it looses power on this line. I don't depend on the idiot light on the HK3 for troubleshooting, as the circuit is unknown/not published.

Poor ground/corroded can cause lots of intermittent issues/problems, like noise, poor shielding issues. Not doing this right will open you to aggravation. Taking short cut/installations often will never work nicely.

Last edited:
I found this file, that explains the difference between their models and the pro and cons of each. Depending on what you find to be most important, may be a help.

Attachments

• The difference between A119 A119S and A119 Pro : VIOFO Support Center.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 20
If you proven that the battery is okay. Check these setting for Park Mode.

Attachments

• What are the differences among parking modes, parking motion detection, parking G-sensor, and ...pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
If battery and setting proven to be correct. Check your SD card. I alway use VIOFO to format, no other method. No issue. Try reseated the card, as connection can be intermittent.

I was testing again today on FW V2.0. The Pro looked like it was recording, but upon reviewing the footage the video is frozen at the first frame of the journey whilst the sound continues in the background.

Viofo microSD card, formatted in-camera. Parking mode disabled.

My memory might be failing me, but I think the pre-release FW that I tested was possibly the best version I've tried. (waiting for @Nigel to remind me about the glaring issue that I've forgotten!)

I never actually drive my car at noon since I bought this A129 Pro Duo, so I only thought that the issue is with parking mode. Today I was driving with my wife at 12 noon and the dashcam kept rebooting every 50 to 60 seconds. Meaning, it rebooted, recorded for around 50 seconds, then reboot and repeat. It kept on doing so until I parked my car. I don't bother looking into it anymore.

I believe it would be resolved by changing the resolution to 1080p. Well, it seems that this 4K dashcam only works as a FHD dashcam in my country.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I never actually drive my car at noon since I bought this A129 Pro Duo, so I only thought that the issue is with parking mode. Today I was driving with my wife at 12 noon and the dashcam kept rebooting every 50 to 60 seconds. Meaning, it rebooted, recorded for around 50 seconds, then reboot and repeat. It kept on doing so until I parked my car. I don't bother looking into it anymore.

I believe it would be resolved by changing the resolution to 1080p. Well, it seems that this 4K dashcam only works as a FHD dashcam in my country.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Are you plugged into the mount or directly into camera? If the mount, try direct into camera.

I was testing again today on FW V2.0. The Pro looked like it was recording, but upon reviewing the footage the video is frozen at the first frame of the journey whilst the sound continues in the background.
I narrowed my problem down to the USB connector on the GPS mount. Plugging the same cable directly into the camera fixed it.

I had the Pro hardwired & plugged directly into the camera until last week, when I removed the HK3 to install another camera.

My memory might be failing me, but I think the pre-release FW that I tested was possibly the best version I've tried. (waiting for @Nigel to remind me about the glaring issue that I've forgotten!)
I think that version may have had the best video quality, but not everybody agrees with video quality, some dislike noise and want high brightness, but don't seem to mind motion blur! So compromises were made. Normally things get better even after release, but the A129 Pro image quality was already hard to improve on. Of course it had taken a few versions to get to that point ;)

I'm not sure what the state of the parking mode and file handling is now? Are you still testing new versions or is it done?

I'm not sure what the state of the parking mode and file handling is now? Are you still testing new versions or is it done?
I've not seen any new FW for many months. Just v2.0 that someone posted around here a while ago.

I have Firmware V1.2T2, but I need to know if there are any newer versions than this, and whether Viofo will stop being so lazy and get a new firmware update out.

Reactions: EGS
VIOFO 2020 A129 PRO Dual Channel Ultra 4K Dash Camera with GPS.
It come with V1.3. This is the model I have. VIOFO doesn't even list this model on their firmware site with this description.

Obviously their is a link, but from who?, but not found on their site:

Why are people downloading firmware from non VIOFO sites?

Is it possible, that some are updating firmware that not for their model? As their naming scheme can be unclear.
VIOFO site seem inactive when it comes to firmware updates.

Last edited:
VIOFO 2020 A129 PRO Dual Channel Ultra 4K Dash Camera with GPS.
It come with V1.3. This is the model I have. VIOFO doesn't even list this model on their firmware site with this description.

Obviously their is a link, but from who?, but not found on their site:

Why are people downloading firmware from non VIOFO sites?

Is it possible, that some are updating firmware that not for their model? As their naming scheme can be unclear.
VIOFO site seem inactive when it comes to firmware updates.
Versions beyond V1.3 are beta versions that Viofo has sent to various users or posted here on DashCamTalk or in their own Community Forum.

Back