Here we have another iteration of beta firmware, this time v1.5_0908 (don't ask my why it went back to v1.5 :p ) with implemented "pre-record":
https://we.tl/t-wbDdBZQrFI
Dude they fix one thing brake another I am going to old version. This version breaks parking recording with hardwire kit. It will only go into parking mode now after 5 minutes and you cannot take it out of parking mode unless you take power cable out.

I am frustrated they fix one thing break other. Great back to drawing board I was so happy they fixed parking mode to work with power bank.

It's the latest beta firmware that supports buffered parking mode.
I mentioned on my support chat as well to Nancy, I reverted back to the previous version, as now parking mode only works on 5 mins no speed detection, not with the hardwire kit, so it renders hardwire kit useless. Kind of beats the purpose of fixing one thing to break other.

Here is an idea of list of things to do for features/fixes, will make the camera more appealing vs appauling , i am probably going to be returning my unit (camera that is) by end of next week. Just too many little annoying issues.

1. Parking mode - Should be buffered parking mode - Should give end users option to use Hardwire Kit/PowerBank etc. - Have user setting where Parking mode gets triggered by :
a. Hardwire kit - ACC/Off trigger
b. After x mins of 0 speed - be it 5 or 10, let user define it not force it on user. What if you are stuck in traffic and after 5 mins it goes in parking mode, with no way to turn it off as buttons get locked !!
c. Have parking mode turn off after auto detection of speed over 5KM/s, doubt anyone will want to drive in parking mode (I originally thought i should but looked at the file size and gave up the idea).
d. Have parking mode recordings use the same loop file sizes, if its set to 2 mins, let files be only 2 mins long. Not 30 or 100 mins long if there is constant movement, split them please.
e. Please no glitches like parking duration when you set to 12 hrs or any other hours it reverts back to 3 hrs - come on.. not a nice glitch to have ..

2. WiFi -
a. Do not disable any functions when WIFI is turned on, be it Parking Mode, Normal Recording etc. Give end users controls to customize when WiFi is on and when is off- Heck give them even time based controls - example its 6 pm put it in parking mode and turn on WiFi Station Mode - turn off WiFi at 6 am etc. etc. Have it all configurable via App and give time based controls - when it's on and when it's off, and in which mode - Station Mode or Normal WiFi Mode.
b. Do not turn off WiFi Automatically - let camera go into thermal shutdown stage - let end users decide that - let them put a 120 cm fan for all we care on the camera when in Car in parking mode and WiFi on. Let' camera shut down automatically let it be user choice to ruin camera's do not decide it for Users please, not sure how big of a user focus groups you had when they came up with dashcam features ..
c. Please allow Station Mode settings to stay - on power loss they get wiped on firmware 1.6. Also allow special characters on Station Mode WiFi and spaces in the SSID's please. It should be not that difficult or cause extra heat issues cause of an extra space or a special character in the password :).

I know you guys can do it, maybe you guys have not had the right users reporting the features to have in a dashcam ? Trust me your brand will stand out and be desirable by many if only, features were added that were useful (love the RTSP on station mode, stabilize this please, let wifi stay connected, let users decide when what turns off - base it off the GMT clock - as GPS is always on i been told !!)

One more of testing for me, recording works , just quality not so great... Please fix parking mode, give more wifi features and controls.. Heck this has bluetooth, forget wifi, use bluetooth if that makes life easier, everyone has bluetooth on their phones these days..Forget trying to do everything via WiFi, bluetooth works too..

After updating firmware, please remember to default the settings in the app and reset the dashcam.
In firmware 1.6, the dvr does not work in the card reader mode in the PC.
Everything worked fine in firmware 1.5.

I gave up and went back to Version 1.2 to be honest......I tested 1.5 and 1.6 (although not the newest revision of 1.5). Neither solved the heat issue I experienced. And I find version 1.2 to be otherwise stable. And also locking the camera from being turned off in parking mode.

I gave up and went back to Version 1.2 to be honest......I tested 1.5 and 1.6 (although not the newest revision of 1.5). Neither solved the heat issue I experienced. And I find version 1.2 to be otherwise stable. And also locking the camera from being turned off in parking mode.
Where did you find the version, i like to try the version too.

Where did you find the version, i like to try the version too.

Firmware: Version 1.2_0507

The overheating issue isn't addressed in any firmware. However, I've had zero other issues with 1.2. Runs stable and flawlessly otherwise.

I am on 1.6 beta, and when I set parking recording to TimeLapse 10-secs, it accepts, but after I reconnect it is set to TimeLapse 5-secs.

Just add something really cool to the firmware like cloud, custom sounds, jokes or something @viofo

I am on 1.6 beta, and when I set parking recording to TimeLapse 10-secs, it accepts, but after I reconnect it is set to TimeLapse 5-secs.
Did you default the settings and reset the camera after updating the firmware?

Please also try to change other settings and see if those can be saved.
I previously mentioned a similar issue with the Parking Geo option, I turn it on and when going back to settings it is off. Also with Parking timer, if you set it to 6hrs it reverts to 4hrs instead, strangely it likes 8hrs if selected.

Not all settings just some, would this still be the capacitor ?

Capacitor in my unit died. Easiest way to test - While Camera is recording, remove power cord. If camera shuts off immediately and corrupts the file being written, you've got a bad capacitor. If it properly exits the file and there's no corruption, then the supercapacitor is fine.

Did you update V1.6? The problem may be related to the firmware. Our engineer next will see how to improve.
Yes am on v1.6, on older version i could select 6hrs for parking but the parking geo is a new option for v1.6. I would think it is a firmware issue rather than hardware

Yes am on v1.6, on older version i could select 6hrs for parking but the parking geo is a new option for v1.6. I would think it is a firmware issue rather than hardware
There are still some improvements that need to be done with V1.6. We'll inform you guys after finishing it.:giggle:

Please also try to change other settings and see if those can be saved.
I checked other parking settings and seems only 10 fps defaults to 5 fps. (What in reality is being written to file I did not check).

Also I tested Parking record timer and results are:
6 hours - > changes to 4 hours
8 Hour stays the same
12 hours -> changes to 3 hour
24 hours stays the same
48 hours -> changes to 2 hour

Maybe date/time conversion is not correct there?

Video of me clicking back and forth (probably not worth to watch as it is 7 minutes):

Back