Here is the newest firmware V1.6: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8HgKyxteEEi0aOCbq6OTmCji0d14F_x/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
1. If the user didn’t manually turn off the Wi-Fi last time, it will turn on automatically the next time when the dashcam is on
2. Wi-Fi will still be on when being in parking mode
3. Wi-Fi will be turned off in 10 minutes if there is no connection
When will you fix the issue where some parameters are not saved, also Parking Geo ?
Can you add front camera resolution 21:9 30fps ?

Here is the newest firmware V1.6: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8HgKyxteEEi0aOCbq6OTmCji0d14F_x/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
1. If the user didn’t manually turn off the Wi-Fi last time, it will turn on automatically the next time when the dashcam is on
Very nice! For anybody interested it's 20211028 (aka v1.6_1028) By "Wi-fi", does it mean AP only or can StationMode be set like this as well?

I noticed some "random" issues in 20211008, were those addressed as well? (e.g.: event triggers while switching between turning on/off recording)

Can you add front camera resolution 21:9 30fps ?
+1 (y)

Very nice! For anybody interested it's 20211028 (aka v1.6_1028) By "Wi-fi", does it mean AP only or can StationMode be set like this as well?

I noticed some "random" issues in 20211008, were those addressed as well? (e.g.: event triggers while switching between turning on/off recording)
Ok, so:
1) random issues with buttons still present
2) "Wifi connected" quote seems to be "lying" again (was fixed in one of the previous releases)
3) StationMode comes up automatically (at least according to the quote) - hooray!

Last edited:
I had a problem where I started my car (so ACC turned on) just as it announced it was going into parking mode, and it got stuck beeping forever.

Ok, so:
1) random issues with buttons still present
2) "Wifi connected" quote seems to be "lying" again (was fixed in one of the previous releases)
3) StationMode comes up automatically (at least according to the quote) - hooray!
So if I leave Wi-Fi On, it'll stay ON next time in parking mode too? For 10 min like I suggested months ago? :D

Same for Wi-Fi Station Mode? :p If so, i'll upgrade haha.

I stopped messing with this dashcam cuz it was useless, now that Viofo finally did what i wanted, might re-install it.

They wouldn't do it just cos you wanted it though lol...

So if I leave Wi-Fi On, it'll stay ON next time in parking mode too? For 10 min like I suggested months ago? :D

Same for Wi-Fi Station Mode? :p If so, i'll upgrade haha.

I stopped messing with this dashcam cuz it was useless, now that Viofo finally did what i wanted, might re-install it.
Yep, it works like that, connected to my home network almost everytime I arrive home! (let's hope it's not caused by the fact it lies about connected status again) I'm surprised how little is enough to get full happiness. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, it works like that, connected to my home network almost everytime I arrive home! (let's hope it's not caused by the fact it lies about connected status again) I'm surprised how little is enough to get full happiness. :ROFLMAO:
Haha it never connects to my home router (in station mode) previously. For some reason. Only connected to my phone hotspot as station mode. I'll install this tomorrow and see.

I removed this camera from my other car because it was useless for me. If this wi-fi is fixed, I might reinstall it and install the blackvue to a different car.

It works for me, and I have my little Raspberry Pi Zero W slowly downloading new clips. Very welcome @viofo

1. What's the Geo Parking Feature Do? Anyone care to explain a little.

2. Per the Wifi staying connected and pulling off video.

A. Are you guys having the A139 pull off to a storage unit within the vehicle (raspberry pi within the car connected to Camera's Wifi).
B. Are you guys having the camera connect to your home networks. And a PC at home connect to the A139 to pull off videos?

What types of script are you using to handle this?

Parking Geo, as I understand it, when you turn it on it stores the current GPS location and the next time you park within 1km (I think) the camera should turn itself off. Useful if the car is parked at home in a garage or you have external CCTV.

Reactions: Mtz

Changelog:
Hi Viofo. This is a good step, but there are some bugs in this.

1. After 10 minutes wi-fi disconnects, thats good. Maybe add an option in app for "Wi-Fi Automatic Disable Timer". So we can choose how many minutes.

2. Main issue: Assume I start my car, its in garage, Wi-Fi is connected. Great. Then I drive off to shopping mall. Now Wi-Fi will be disconneected shortly, as I drive. But issue is, when I return back home, camera never reconnects. To the camera, if connection made ONCE, Wi-Fi light stays permanent ON (meaning camera thinks wifi is still connected) - so when I return home, wi-fi does NOT reconnect. Until I reboot camera, this happens. After a reboot manually, wi-fi connects again if I am home.
What you can do is, maybe check every few seconds to make sure if the SSID connected initially, is still available/connected. Because currently if we lose connection, it cannot connect back (until we manually reboot).

3. Another issue: Same as above. If after 10 minutes wi-fi does not connect, it will turn off. Great. But then it never turns on again. So for example if I boot camera in shopping mall. Wi-Fi turns ON, but after 10 mins no connection so Wi-Fi is off. Until here we are good! Then when I go home, Wi-Fi will NOT turn ON AGAIN until I MANUALLY reboot via button! So technically its off forever until we reboot camera, - which is useless because we are back to the problem of pressing buttons to remember as we walk out of the car.

Now for 3, I feel to fix it (you guys might have a better solution but here is mine): Whenever car goes into parking mode/comes out of parking mode, turn on wi-fi. So let's check now. I boot camera in shopping mall (maybe camera turns off after 1 hour of parking mode so its off). Car engine turns on, camera boots & W-Fi is ON. But No wi-fi connection until I go home, so after 10 minutes while driving, Wi-Fi is OFF. Good until here too. Now when I reeach home, I turn off car. Remember wi-fi is still OFF until yet because it was turned off after X mins of inactivity. But now, since our camera goes to parking mode, while going to parking, TURN ON WIFI AGAIN. Now it will connect! Problem solved. Obviously this solution will work for any scenario, not just this example one. We need a way to have wi-fi on automatically after it got turned off by inactivity 10 mins, else currently, once its off, its off forever until manual reboot.

Currently, if 10 mins passed, wifi turned off, it will never turn on until reboot.

Cheers and thank you!

Reactions: Mtz
It is absolutely necessary to be able to turn off the LEDs in parking mode and need notifications of incidents when exiting parking mode.
I agree for both of these. Parking mode LEDs = steal me.
A spoken readout of how many parking mode incidents, perhaps G-Force only would be very useful. Like the fancy car alarms that beep how many times they were activated, when you unlock the car.

You're asking for a lot of features that would all cost a lot more to implement. Fancy car alarms are fancy cos they cost a huge amount, you're unlikely to see that in a Dashcam because the price would no doubt hike, don't you think?

Back