A139 Firmware

AFAIK the latest version as of today (Sept 1, 2022) is 1.7_0722.

I wish VIOFO would have an FTP site or Github of their latest beta / gamma builds for us to dload without this silly nonsense of emailing them. And while i'm at it, WHY THE F does it take so long to code in Geofencing? It's just simplistic code which looks at the GPS location then triggers an event (ie. I'm within the vicinity of home therefore stop recording). Seems like 5 mins work to me. What's there to test?! Heck give us a useful API into the dashcam. Done.

Last edited:
I just updated to 1.7_0722 and i regret it...

The quality of the front-camera is just unbearable while the read-camera is oversharpened. HDR/WDR or whatever doesnt change a thing. :mad:
2022_0930_093141_F .JPG2022_0930_093141_R .JPG

The app and camera was reset to default-settings after upgrading to 1.7.

Is it possible to downgrade to 1.6? Or are there custom-firmwares from people who really understand how to optimize the picture-quality?

I just updated to 1.7_0722 and i regret it...

The quality of the front-camera is just unbearable while the read-camera is oversharpened. HDR/WDR or whatever doesnt change a thing. :mad:
View attachment 61890View attachment 61891

The app and camera was reset to default-settings after upgrading to 1.7.

Is it possible to downgrade to 1.6? Or are there custom-firmwares from people who really understand how to optimize the picture-quality?
Are you sure it was straight after you've updated? The reason I ask is that my front seems to have similarly degraged IQ but I think it was even prior the v1.7_0722 and I blamed a "cooked" lens from Sun because the rear unit (I have two "front" units as the front and rear and "rear" cameras as sides) seems ok and I was about to RMA the front-"front" unit.

Btw: It is possible to revert back to an older firmware.

Are you sure it was straight after you've updated? The reason I ask is that my front seems to have similarly degraged IQ but I think it was even prior the v1.7_0722 and I blamed a "cooked" lens from Sun because the rear unit (I have two "front" units as the front and rear and "rear" cameras as sides) seems ok and I was about to RMA the front-"front" unit.

Btw: It is possible to revert back to an older firmware
If you do find it an issue, how is contacting us for more details?

The quality of the front-camera is just unbearable while the read-camera is oversharpened. HDR/WDR or whatever doesnt change a thing.
There is no WDR there is only HDR and it works great, you probably didn't turn it on!!

Attachments

• F.jpg
    F.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 22
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 21
There is no WDR there is only HDR and it works great, you probably didn't turn it on!!
Don't you see the softness in the front image? HDR won't solve such thing.

The front-image is just a blurry/soft mess. You can't even read the license-plates. It doesnt matter if i disable/enable HDR. There is no difference in image quality.

It would be perfectly fine, if i had the quality of your camera.

The front-image is just a blurry/soft mess. You can't even read the license-plates. It doesnt matter if i disable/enable HDR. There is no difference in image quality.

It would be perfectly fine, if i had the quality of your camera.
If you need any previous firmware, just hit me and I can upload it for you. I should have all the versions archived. :giggle:

If you need any previous firmware,

The firmware has nothing to do with it, or the glass is dirty, or the camera itself is defective, there is no focus!

The firmware has nothing to do with it, or the glass is dirty, or the camera itself is defective, there is no focus!
He claimed that he noticed it after update to v1.7 and was interested whether he can downgrade it...

Which, btw, could confirm or rule out for him whether it's firmware caused or not.

Back