Curious,

Why would Viofo now enable the power button in parking mode on Firmware Version 1.6 Beta? If you use the lock, isn't the whole point NOT to allow someone to turn off the camera?
I'm not sure how the lock is related to parking mode?

Personally I only want parking mode when I'm parked away from home. If I park the car on my drive, then after parking mode is activated, I would want the option to turn off the A139 without unplugging it.

I'm not sure how the lock is related to parking mode?

Personally I only want parking mode when I'm parked away from home. If I park the car on my drive, then after parking mode is activated, I would want the option to turn off the A139 without unplugging it.

Let me clarify a bit. So the lock makes removing the SD card not a 2 second ordeal. It does take a few minutes to remove the lock. Also, the A139 3 Channel doesn't have a screen. So you must either Enable Wifi, Have the App, and Password for Wifi or reset the device. So again a few minute process.

Basically, let's say you give your car to the dealer, valet, mechanic, etc. Generally, they will not be going through the trouble of cutting the wires to remove the camera. So if they do anything (steal money, damage car, etc) it will be caught on video If they attempt to turn off camera, again caught on video.

The power button disabled in park mode is just another deterrent. Had some stupid kids break into our one car. Caught on the Viofo A129 Duo (front / rear). Didn't even notice camera.. But let's say they did and tried to turn it off while parked, it wouldn't be powered off. So now they must spend time to cut wires or just walk away, etc.

I understand the reason for locking in parking mode. However I would want a user option to turn off manually.

With the SG9663DR you can turn it off manually by pressing the remote event button for ~10 seconds, not something your average car thief will know about.

I hate to admit it, but I see a HUGE use for cloud enabled video saves with features like this. Honestly, never even thought of it before but now it's going to be the only thing I think about.

I understand the reason for locking in parking mode. However I would want a user option to turn off manually.

With the SG9663DR you can turn it off manually by pressing the remote event button for ~10 seconds, not something your average car thief will know about.

I agree that it should be a selectable option. I don't like that Viofo enabled the power button on parking mode, without an option to also disable. Just like voice notifications can be disabled (to make it less obvious the camera is recording) if the keys are out of your possession (Mechanic, Valet, Dealer, etc).

None of these methods are fool proof. Someone can clearly take a scissor and cut the wires. In most cases, this won't be happening because it would be blatantly obvious if the mechanic, valet, dealer, friend, etc did so. Only a car thief / someone breaking into car may go to that length. Assuming they notice the camera.

I hate to admit it, but I see a HUGE use for cloud enabled video saves with features like this. Honestly, never even thought of it before but now it's going to be the only thing I think about.

This has been discussed at length, so not wanting to rehash it. Long story short, due to the A139 running hot, there will never likely be an option for cloud support. Enabling wifi will generate more heat, and on a hot summer day, will cause the camera to power off.

Hardwire wise, for this to even take place, you'd need a rooted cell phone or a sim card enabled router with port forwarding. And then need to be able to forward the necessary port for outside access. Forget the port that allows you to access the files off top of my head.

I am not sure if it'd be possible once you had outside access, for a script to do the following:

If event triggered, enable wifi. If Wifi enabled check parking folder for saved event files. If files found, upload files to X location. If duplicate files find, disable Wifi.

I know someone here has a script running that checks for wifi when he's parked in garage and pulls off all event files. So I imagine the above may be possible. As a work around to keeping Wifi enabled full time and overheating camera.

On the A139, heat is an issue. It probably wouldn't be as much of a problem on the A139 2 Channel.

Sometimes I forgot to turn off the camera before switch off the car in garage, so I need to unplug the power. To prevent this issue I delayed the parking mode to 90 seconds. If I forgot to turn off the camera first, I still have 90 seconds to do it.

This has been discussed at length, so not wanting to rehash it. Long story short, due to the A139 running hot, there will never likely be an option for cloud support. Enabling wifi will generate more heat, and on a hot summer day, will cause the camera to power off.

Hardwire wise, for this to even take place, you'd need a rooted cell phone or a sim card enabled router with port forwarding. And then need to be able to forward the necessary port for outside access. Forget the port that allows you to access the files off top of my head.

I am not sure if it'd be possible once you had outside access, for a script to do the following:

If event triggered, enable wifi. If Wifi enabled check parking folder for saved event files. If files found, upload files to X location. If duplicate files find, disable Wifi.

I know someone here has a script running that checks for wifi when he's parked in garage and pulls off all event files. So I imagine the above may be possible. As a work around to keeping Wifi enabled full time and overheating camera.

On the A139, heat is an issue. It probably wouldn't be as much of a problem on the A139 2 Channel.
Haha wait I thought we didnt even know why Viofo doesnt enable wifi in parking mode...I thought heat was fine with 2CH? :p

Btw yeah for anyone wanting cloud functionality by themselves, sure I agree that 4G are NATed so you cannot reach INWARDS to the portable router if anyone implements any.

But who said we need a rooted phone or somehow a sim card router with port forwarding? (btw this wont work as most 4Gs are NATed, so even port forwarding cannot do anything). The easiest and most desirable solution (thats what Thinkware and Blackvue cloud does - sniff packets), is to host a public server (or host one at your own house and allow incoming packets to THAT server). Then you can use your 4G to constantly establish connections to it. How?

1. Your camera uses your 4G to SEND OUT a packet to connect to your server hosted at 197.924.200.154 for example. Cool. That's fine, it's only a packet going outwards.
2. Now this connection can stay on hold for few hours.
3. Now your SERVER and 4G router/camera/phone is connected and you can start sending packets INTO the camera because of this tunnel.

No big drama btw.

All this needs is Wi-Fi (station mode) to stay ON in parking mode and the possibilities are endless. And this is how most IoT/smart lights/other plug and play NAS work too.

But who said we need a rooted phone or somehow a sim card router with port forwarding? (btw this wont work as most 4Gs are NATed, so even port forwarding cannot do anything). The easiest and most desirable solution (thats what Thinkware and Blackvue cloud does - sniff packets), is to host a public server (or host one at your own house and allow incoming packets to THAT server). Then you can use your 4G to constantly establish connections to it. How?
Please don't. HR will probably explain you why you are wrong, you don't understand a thing and this thread become a sh*tshow again... :ROFLMAO:

Btw guys, here we have A139_V1.6_0721 :)

Haha no I am not fighting HR.
HonestReview is correct. Just adding on that there is an alternative way.
Sure you can use a rooted phone and use that way.
But there does exist another way (its how IoT works mainly lol).

Jeez, I thought you were getting the Human Resources department involved :)

Btw guys, here we have A139_V1.6_0721 :)
Where did you get this firmware from?

The newest firmware I was aware of was A139_V1.6_0708 (Beta) released on [25_07_2021] (GDrive date) from the station mode thread.

So I'm assuming this is newer? Does this enable station mode in parking? or else i dont want it :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@ChampaRando From this thread. It could be modified only to get bluetooth buttons working properly but according to Viofo naming structure, it could include some other modifications as well. :)

So I'm assuming this is newer? Does this enable station mode in parking? or else i dont want it :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: Good point. Haven't tried but I doubt about it. :ROFLMAO:

Haha wait I thought we didnt even know why Viofo doesnt enable wifi in parking mode...I thought heat was fine with 2CH? :p
I would surmise (though could be wrong) heat shouldn't be an 2 channel so if you got the wifi to stay on, I imagine long term use of the Wifi for Cloud / Remote viewing would be fine.
Btw yeah for anyone wanting cloud functionality by themselves, sure I agree that 4G are NATed so you cannot reach INWARDS to the portable router if anyone implements any.

Issue is port forwarding. A non rooted cell phone or a car hotspot acts as a natted router. So you can't forward ports to allow for inbound communications. Only outbound. Live viewing isn't possible since inbound connections are natted.

On a non rooted 4g cell phone, the hotspot and the 4g work via different tunnels. If the phone is rooted, I believe there is software to permit port forwarding and allow for inbound communications.

Per a 4g / sim card router, I believe you could customize ports. The 4g connection itself shouldn't be natted. It's the device handling the network (router, phone, etc) that needs bypassed.

Far as "Live Viewing", I attempted to run a VPN on the phone, connect camera to the phone, and then an outside computer to that VPN. Live viewing didn't work since the VPN used the phone's 4G and the Camera used the phone's hotspot. Different tunnel.

1. Your camera uses your 4G to SEND OUT a packet to connect to your server hosted at 197.924.200.154 for example. Cool. That's fine, it's only a packet going outwards.
2. Now this connection can stay on hold for few hours.
3. Now your SERVER and 4G router/camera/phone is connected and you can start sending packets INTO the camera because of this tunnel.

No big drama btw.

All this needs is Wi-Fi (station mode) to stay ON in parking mode and the possibilities are endless. And this is how most IoT/smart lights/other plug and play NAS work too.

Far as file retrieval goes (and not live viewing by remoting into camera) I believe this is possible. - From a "Networking Perspective" at least.

But I am sure you may know far more than I here. Assuming you setup a natted connection in the car. I imagine having a raspberry pie and camera on the same intranet would resolve this issue.

Camera connects to "hotspot" and phone connects to same "hotspot". Raspberry Pi script pulls files off the camera. Raspberry pi is then configured to send files (outbound traffic) to a given host server.

While those files cannot be viewed "real time" like a blackvue (without a non natted connection), they could be transfered and stored in real time to the host server run anywhere in the world.

Then from anywhere in the world, your files would all be "backed up". Although this does require a **** ton of data and storage, if backing up "everything" and not just event based footage.

Or so that's my understanding?

Last edited:
This is the "NEWEST BETA". Viofo sent me this file today....

Here is the V1.6 built on 20210721. We'll release it soon. Please update it to have a try.

This is the "NEWEST BETA". Viofo sent me this file today....
Was there any specific reason they sent v1.6_0721 to you? I've posted this firmware above and it should contain an update for bluetooth button pairing issues. Since you got it as well, I assume it probably contains some other modifications (anything heat related?).

Was there any specific reason they sent v1.6_0721 to you? I've posted this firmware above and it should contain an update for bluetooth button pairing issues. Since you got it as well, I assume it probably contains some other modifications (anything heat related?).

The gave me no instructions.....Other than "Test This File" via private message. I'm guessing they are trying to resolve the heat issue.....

Question:

Maybe engineer do "heat test" with A139 camera before release firmware 1.6 final? See if camera exit OK after overheat shutdown for engineer?

Hello Sir,

Here is the V1.6 built on 20210721. We'll release it soon. Please update it to have a try.

Back