A329. What is this?

My interpretation of what Viofo has written in previous post this model A329 won't have a third channel.

If adding a third channels means reducing the capabilities of this unit i think it is in their interest to stick with 2.

Once some feedback goes back to Viofo about how well it's managing temperature etc then it might be considered.
Of course I'm only guessing.

My interpretation of what Viofo has written in previous post this model A329 won't have a third channel.

If adding a third channels means reducing the capabilities of this unit i think it is in their interest to stick with 2.

Once some feedback goes back to Viofo about how well it's managing temperature etc then it might be considered.
Of course I'm only guessing.
If this one gets a 3rd channel, it would be at the expense of the SSD, which is the main feature of this model, so that doesn't make sense and I don't think it will happen.

I'm sure Viofo will produce a new 3 channel dashcam though, there are plenty of people wanting them. I'm not sure it will have external SSD, that may depend on how well this one is received.

What people keep asking for is:
Front: wide angle +
Fron: telephoto +
Rear +
Interior +
Left +
Right +
Reversing camera.

So that is 7 channels before everyone is satisfied, and then there is the power cable + SSD cable, so the dashcam is going to have 9 cables leaving the windscreen and installed throughout the car... there must be a better way!

People can't imagine right now how important is to be angled, a straight cable to the SSD would be a disaster, the weakest point of all setup.
All my external SSD drives came with straight USB-C connectors (at both ends) which seem OK to me.

The right-angle connector taking the cable up towards the headliner makes sense.
1727342705811.png

At the SSD end, I can imagine the preference for straight vs angled depends on where you locate the SSD?

At the SSD end, I can imagine the preference for straight vs angled depends on where you locate the SSD?
Many, I think most, SSD cables are not very secure in their sockets, I think they are designed to fall out easily to avoid damage to the SSD.
Mtz wants to be able to secure it against potholes and accidents, and that is very difficult with a straight cable.

Many, I think most, SSD cables are not very secure in their sockets, I think they are designed to fall out easily to avoid damage to the SSD.
Mtz wants to be able to secure it against potholes and accidents, and that is very difficult with a straight cable.
Don't think it has much to do with damage to the SSD, it's flash storage so the risk of data loss is minimal. I think it's more to do with as others are saying, with putting the cables in nooks and crannies in the car.

Well looks like we have some clarification for the SSD / USB thumb drive situation @Dashmellow

1000005926.jpg

Never heard the term PSSD before but guessing that's portable SSD, i.e. your Samsung T7's and the like. Good to see that can also cobble together your own enclosure solutions too, which also covers the SSD thumb drives that are sold by e.g. Silicon Power too.

Not sure how beneficial USB 3.0 drives are speed-wise over microSD considering a lot of them don't even use SATA/NVMe storage that SSDs use. But at least the option is there and a wide level of compatibility..

Too bad it doesn't have 3CH... I used the A139 from start to finish, replaced it with the 139 Pro, and continue to use it. But because of the 3CH, I unfortunately have to stick with the 139 Pro

Well looks like we have some clarification for the SSD / USB thumb drive situation @Dashmellow

View attachment 74105

Never heard the term PSSD before but guessing that's portable SSD, i.e. your Samsung T7's and the like. Good to see that can also cobble together your own enclosure solutions too, which also covers the SSD thumb drives that are sold by e.g. Silicon Power too.

Not sure how beneficial USB 3.0 drives are speed-wise over microSD considering a lot of them don't even use SATA/NVMe storage that SSDs use. But at least the option is there and a wide level of compatibility..
@VIOFO-Support - Spelling error in "every moment of your advanture".

The m.2 sata probably runs warm at around 5Watts give or take. (I think that only warm?)
Will the location it is stored in need to a cool area?
Working flat out it might draw around an amp (worse case) but less most likely as I'd expect it only'pulsing' writes.

I do think the Viofo People drive a lot more every day than i do, CUZ i get more than 6 days on a 256GB card :)
01_20.jpg

But this is super cool, Dual starvis 2 / dual HDR and SSD option, i would for sure go for the SSD if it was me, even if i do not have a modern super fast wifi phone to pull data so i would have to pull SSD which is also very doable i would think.
Not least since these days i do not pull dashcam footage very often, not like in the old days where i would some times do that 2 times in a day, and from bloody single channel systems so several memory cards to retrieve.

Also like Viofo have not gimped this by adding a #3 channel, but i assume they will make a system like that next.

Looking forward to see someone getting their hands on one of these

Too bad it doesn't have 3CH... I used the A139 from start to finish, replaced it with the 139 Pro, and continue to use it. But because of the 3CH, I unfortunately have to stick with the 139 Pro
Need to wait for the A339, maybe 2025 Oct or earlier.

The m.2 sata probably runs warm at around 5Watts give or take. (I think that only warm?)
Will the location it is stored in need to a cool area?
Working flat out it might draw around an amp (worse case) but less most likely as I'd expect it only'pulsing' writes.
SATA SSDs are pretty old by today's standards so NVMe would be the most likely bet (has been for the last few years) and they don't run that hot compared to microSD.

I'd say it would be in a much better position than microSD. But won't know for sure until someone stress tests it in summer heat in a parked car out in the sun

Chalk it down to the regional accent LOL
Yes, but it does look a bit unprofessional, which is a pity for such a good looking dashcam, especially when the rest of the advertising is very well produced...

SATA SSDs are pretty old by today's standards
I would for sure go for a NVME enclosure for one of those drives.
I do have a single SSD in my current PC as it is faster then the 2 spinning drives i have, but cone next PC upgrade i will be entirely NVME on the motherboard.
Might go external fast storage later though, but these days my storage needs are quite modest as i have learned to not save worthless junk.

I would for sure go for a NVME enclosure for one of those drives.
I do have a single SSD in my current PC as it is faster then the 2 spinning drives i have, but cone next PC upgrade i will be entirely NVME on the motherboard.
Might go external fast storage later though, but these days my storage needs are quite modest as i have learned to not save worthless junk.
I've had NVMe drives in my laptop and external SSDs for the last five or so years, well worth it.

Too lazy to use enclosures myself, so will probably just end up using something like the SiliconPower thumb drive I have at the moment that's NVMe SSD inside it

My phone has WiFi 7 support already so all sorted there.

The A229 Pro is still a tempting option at the current fall sale price compared to the new A329 ($209 vs $329 1CH, or $279 vs $399 2CH)

Yes, but it does look a bit unprofessional, which is a pity for such a good looking dashcam, especially when the rest of the advertising is very well produced...
Of course, to be fair Chinese companies don't get translations 100% correct a lot of the time, but it might help their audience if it was completely correct. You get those silly uninformed judgey individuals who would immediately dismiss a brand because of the spelling.

I've had NVMe drives
Me too but just for the C: drive, though i do have more slots ( 3 unused i think ) i have not gotten around to using them.

Want 5.0 for c: and 4.0 for storage, also want USB 4.0 ports,,,,, well at least one.

I will have to look at a new phone soon, CUZ the battery in the old MI9 is not as good as it use to be, and i will probably have to also charge it at home soon ( i assume while i sleep )

Back