A500 + WIFI + iPhone

Carlito

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi guys, I just bought the dashcam A500 pro plus but I have a problem.
When I want to connect my iPhone (iPhone X, iOS 14.4, last update) to the wifi hotspot of the camera, it tells me "no internet connection"
And because of that, I can't use the app to add the device on my phone...
No update, no video sharing, etc
The phone is connected but the wifi status is the problem.
If someone had the same known issue and can help me, it would be amazing :)
You can see the problem in the following image.

69C9E43F-1293-41F6-A301-820719FBF756.jpeg

Attachments

• C6D54E81-3C9C-4310-A4CA-AB4196A6EB3F.jpeg
    C6D54E81-3C9C-4310-A4CA-AB4196A6EB3F.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1
Salut Carlito.
Welcome to the forum.

Using android and other brand cameras i also get no internet when i want to connect to the camera, but this are of course true as it is a camera i connect to and not a wifi router / access point.
I am a bit annoyed as it is as if google are not interested in working with you if there are no internet and they are not able to mine you for data.
But i do get connected to the camera just fine and are able to do settings - view preview and DL recorded files.
On my android phone i just have to click "yes i know there are no internet in this wifi but keep it anyway", that pop up when i want to connect to a camera.

Your camera appear to be broadcasting wifi as you can see it on the phone, so maybe it is just the " but there are no internet from this wifi access point" problem.

Not familiar with the 70mai cameras or apple phones
Actually smartphones i am not too happy about

Hej kamkar, thanks for the quick reply !
I'm glad to be a part of the team :)

Right, I don't understand why we don't have an option to say "I know, there's no internet on this hotspot" aha

the camera is broadcasting wifi, the phone seems to be connected but the wifi icon doesn't appear in the status bar, so IV don't know what to do...

All my devices are on the latest OS version so I can't even test to see if it's the OS that is the issue :(

(First image was cropped too much, you can see the status bar here)

A5E5BB81-036D-4FDA-8ED7-39AA7AEA40F3.jpeg
I'll try to turn on plane mode + wifi to see if there's a modification in the status.

thanks again !!

for me with other phone and cameras, when i see the wifi i just tap on it to connect, then a new window pop up where i have to fill in the camera password and then click okay, and then when i have done that i get the popup "there are on internet on this wifi, do you still want to keep it" to this i just say okay and the pop uo go away.
And the i just start the cameras app and connect to the wifi from there.
Some times you can also forget about wifi at first and just start the camera APP, it will then see there are no wifi and guide you to your phone wifi to find the camera and log on to it.

I am not the kind of guy that have wifi on on my phone all the time, so i always have to turn it on, same with GPS if i want to use that for navigation on my phone.

Ok, I make it works. God damnit.

So, iOS users, since Apple added a lot of new option to save the privacy, here what I've done to be able to connect to the dashcam.

1. download the official app
2. Turn on the hotspot in the dashcam menu
3. Start the app, log in or create an account
4. Once logged, don't touch anything in the app
5. Go to settings, scroll down and open 70mai
5.1. Location : while using app
5.1.1 location - precise location : enabled (if not, it won't work even if your cam has already a GPS inside)
5.2. Local network : enabled
6. In the app, add device, then select your cam
6.1 check the hotspot is on, then ok
7. In the wifi settings, connect to your dashcam hotspot
7.1 iOS will warn you that there's no internet connection
7.2 the app shows you that the wifi icon needs to be displayed, don't pay attention to it!
8. go back to the app
9. Keep an eye on your dashcam, it must show you a prompt to authorize the connection, validate it
10. You're connected, even if the status bar only shows you your network icon and not the wifi icon
11. If it doesn't work, delete the app and do it again, check the cases before being connected

The smart cameras, and maybe this is one of those, often require a bit more like making a account and so on.
Now we wait for summer so you can share some footage of Belle France and maybe a few belle filles which we all love. :)

Back