Anyone elses A129 Pro turns off during parking mode?

Hey @tarkus, I've tried every single mode but it's a no-go. Let me know if you've any luck otherwise I might try and return it.

With the temperatures in AU, at least the ones i have seen mentioned on Danish news, i am not surprised it will be next to impossible to get any lenghty use of parking mode, at least not for a car parked out in the sun.

Have you tried to see if you get longer time if you use it in the night time ?

I just had a shutdown while in parking mode happen today on my 1-week old A129 Pro. It also had a few corrupted files in that time. I haven't had any issues up to this point.

Timeline:
  • 1 hour : Normal recording (driving)
  • 2hr 30min : Parked auto-event-detection recording (1 corrupted video file)
  • 15 min: Normal recording (driving)
  • 15 min: Parked recording
  • 5 min: Camera switches to normal recording for no apparent reason even though it's still parked
4 minutes of normal video is recorded, then 2 corrupted files, and nothing after that. I noticed the camera was powered off when I got home 2 hours later.

SD card is not full (Transcend Premium 400x 128GB), outside temp was a mild 65F / 18C and the camera is mounted in a position where it is not hit with sunlight directly.

In my case, at least, it doesn't seem temperature related unless the camera is managing to overheat itself in 4 hours in mild weather. I've had it parked for longer periods of time without issue before, though usually in an underground garage.

Is it software that crashes and can't reboot itself? Shoddy hardware?

Last edited:
Change cards, it's not fast enough for the camera

The videos max out at 6 MB/s (35+12 Mb/s). The card maintains 30+ MB/s writes easy. It should handle it just fine unless there's some issue with this line of cards that I'm unaware of.

We've used thousands of those cards in single channel cameras, we don't use them in any of our dual channel models, they're not suitable even for 2 x 1080p, can tell you that from experience

We've used thousands of those cards in single channel cameras, we don't use them in any of our dual channel models, they're not suitable even for 2 x 1080p, can tell you that from experience

I've used the same card in my DR-750S 2-channel at max bitrate for nearly 2 years without a problem. I appreciate your input, but I'm still more inclined to believe the new issue with the new camera rather than the (so far) reliable card.

Though, is there a 256GB card you'd recommend? Thanks.

Memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, time for a new card

For dual channel we currently use SanDisk High Endurance and Western Digital Surveillance cards

Memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, time for a new card

For dual channel we currently use SanDisk High Endurance and Western Digital Surveillance cards

I've had the SanDisk High Endurance 256GB in my camera for the past two weeks. Today it give me the same problem I had before, except this time the camera was only powered on for 2 hours (in various states of normal and parked recording) before it shut off. Outside temps of only ~60F too. So it definitely appears to be a hardware/software issue with the camera and not related to the SD card. I'll RMA the camera and hope it's not a widespread issue if it's hardware related.

30 min normal recording

30 min parking mode

36 min normal recording

20 min parking mode

Camera switches to normal recording for a few minutes while the car is still parked, then ends with 2 corrupted files.

Update: Jan 24

Happened again today after only 40 minutes of recording. No response from Viofo yet for RMA, but with Lunar New Year this weekend, that should probably be expected.

Last edited:
I haven’t kept up with any updates or what anyone else thinks, but I did my own semi-scientific test on the A129 Pro shut down issue.

My guess: it gets too hot.

My issue: A129 Pro shuts down after a few hours in parking mode, usually when parked outdoors

My findings:

A newly installed A129 (normal 1080p version) in another car stays powered on for days on end, even parked outside for the entirety of the test.
The problematic A129 Pro, when parked in a garage, can stay powered on for days on end.

Temperature of the A129 Duo after being in parking mode for 24 hours outdoors: ~90F/32C (60-75F ambient)
Temperature of the A129 Pro Duo after being in parking mode for 24 hours in a garage: ~130F/55C (60F ambient)
So imagine how hot this little camera gets when it's in a car that's outside.

Temperatures measured with a laser thermometer gun on the back, mounting side of the camera.

I think I’m going to get another A129 1080p to take my A129 Pro’s place until @viofo have some sort of software or hardware fix for this.

Last edited:
I've used the same card in my DR-750S 2-channel at max bitrate for nearly 2 years without a problem. I appreciate your input, but I'm still more inclined to believe the new issue with the new camera rather than the (so far) reliable card.

Though, is there a 256GB card you'd recommend? Thanks.
Been using a 256GB standard Samsung Evo Select (green) card for over 3 months now no problem. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072HRDM55 Also I read that Viofo A129 PRO will accept 512GB cards as well (look for another thread in this forum) so you might wanna try that.
Larger the capacity, lesser the rewrites, longer the card lasts.

Been using a 256GB standard Samsung Evo Select (green) card for over 3 months now no problem. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072HRDM55 Also I read that Viofo A129 PRO will accept 512GB cards as well (look for another thread in this forum) so you might wanna try that.
Larger the capacity, lesser the rewrites, longer the card lasts.
The Pro only officially supports up to 256GB cards. Some users have used larger cards with some success, but I would use them with caution.

Today I noticed in the video files right before the camera shuts down, there's weird video glitching. It's subtle on the front cam, but extremely noticeable on the rear. This looks like failing hardware to me.

Rear Camera Glitch

Front Camera Glitch

These aren't related to shutter speed and the light flicker as the video files before that are totally fine.

Interestingly last two days i'm noticing some funny behaviour. My camera turned off during two nights. For the first time i just had to push a button to recover it, for the second time i had to completely unplug the camera from power.

When i've checked the footage, according to files, rear camera got disconnected during parking mode, about a minute later RTC gone mad causing fast forward the time stamp :ROFLMAO: (although it's just a dark footage in a garage i doubt it switched to timelapse mode - the footage seems smooth, with sound and it happened in the middle of a one file) and 5("30") minutes later it turned off. I have to admit i swapped SDcard WD Purple for another one few days ago...

Last edited:
Same issue here: A129 Pro turning off during parking mode (4K+FHD, Sandisk 128Gb High Endurance card). Very disappointed cause it makes parking mode not usable.

Hey guys update to this, I was sent a second unit and it had the same issue of shutting down during parking mode so I returned both units back.

I’m going to try the A119 V3 and see how it handles the Aussie heat instead.

In my case I have connected it wit HK3 kit from Viofo. I have bought all set from AliExpress Viofo official store.

Same issue here: A129 Pro turning off during parking mode (4K+FHD, Sandisk 128Gb High Endurance card). Very disappointed cause it makes parking mode not usable.

Same issue too. When i update 1.7T. Always stoping parking mode records.

Back