[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Are they actually the same as OTG cables as I tried that and no joy - saying that I did wonder if the bricked ones may do something as if they're not starting they may. Certainly strange!

If the OTG solution works on other Ambarella devices it's the same, yeah

Hi all guys,

A friends of mine gave me a Liquid Cam Ego 727, he tried to upgrade the firmware but he bricked it.
Disassembling it I found that the main chip is an "Ambarella A5s" and googling for it I arrived here.
At the moment the cam seems dead, but plugging usb cable while keeping shutter button pressed, it goes in "recovery mode" (?).
I downloaded DirectUSB and, after I setup the driver found in it, the cam is detected as an "Ambarella Evaluation Board"; DirectUSB correctly detect it, but when I try to flash the original firmware, the program do the first 3 steps, but it "wait firmware programming" forever (ehm..... almost 2 hours).
I also tried with some evilwombat's utility, I boot it with a linux kernel through "gpboot --linux" and telnet shell is perfect functional (if useful I can post dmesg output).
I'm asking you what else I can try to do to unbrick it.

Thanks in adv
Greets from Italy
Jyd

I have the original .bin downloaded from LIC.
I tried to open with AFT 1.3.3., it correctly split in 5 partition. I even listed the rtosfs folder; but I don't know how to get the .elf file.
In the partition folder all files are .a7s

I'm trying to make a custom Mini 0801 FW using the AFT tool, but I keep bricking my Camera and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- I have the latest version of AFT, latest Java
- The FW I'm using is 20140906 (Eprance Branded, no GPS, single card)

Here's the steps I follow:

- Run AFT133.jar
- Select "Open A2 Binary"
- Select the 20140906 FW (filename is "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin")
- in AFT, I click Partitions > Extract all
- then I click ROM/RFS > Extract ROM to disk
- then, in the "rtosfs" folder, I replace the logo.jpg with the my new logo
- back in AFT, I click ROM/RFS > Build ROM from disk
- then I click Build > Firmware Update
- A FW file appears and I attempt to update my camera per the normal process (put on SD card)
- update appears to be successful, cam shuts off
- cam is bricked

I did notice that the new logo file I used says it has 96 dpi whereas the original logo.jpg is 72 dpi... Is that relevant?

Two firmware lay.
The original and corrected.

The result is visible only after the work done.

I am trying to change my boot logo, everytime I extract the ROM from partitions I get this error below.

error-jpg.13373

Can someone clear instructions for the latest model it does not seem to be working.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:
Willing to donate if I successfully change the LOGO. Even with 1.3.3 when I compile "build firmware" the firmware itself is significantly smaller than the original firmware.
The A2 firmware built is 7000kb where as the old one is 10000kb

You can put your firmware.
The clairvoyant is not here!

Hello, please wait with flashing a2 firmwares for now. There seems to be a bug Somewhere. Will try to resolve this asap.

Is there a way to activate additional languages in the firmware for the 0806.
Now there are 4 language files in the firmware,
0 = English;
1 = Chinese (I think);
2 = also Chinese (I think) and
3 = Russian

I wanted to add Dutch as replacement for one of the Chinese files but that didn't work. I only succeeded by replacing the Russian file by the Dutch file.
In the menu of the 0806 there are only 2 languages offered, English and Russian.

So is there a way to activate additional languages without removing an existent one?

Just don't expect something during the next week. Having final exams then.

All the best with your exams mate, I hope they go well :)

Is there a way to activate additional languages in the firmware for the 0806.
Now there are 4 language files in the firmware,
0 = English;
1 = Chinese (I think);
2 = also Chinese (I think) and
3 = Russian

I wanted to add Dutch as replacement for one of the Chinese files but that didn't work. I only succeeded by replacing the Russian file by the Dutch file.
In the menu of the 0806 there are only 2 languages offered, English and Russian.

So is there a way to activate additional languages without removing an existent one?

replacing one of the existing ones.
Russian to Dutch.
You have to also edit fons.bin if you font file format bin.

You have to also edit fons.bin if you font file format bin.
Sorry I do not understand you.
I had replaced the Russian language with the Dutch language. I only altered the strings.bin. I did not edit fonts.bin (and I also do not know how to do this because there is no way to do this in the Ambarella editor I think.)
The replacement works fine and I can now choose English or Dutch. But my goal was to add a language, not to replace one. So my goal was to have the choice of 3 languages, English, Russian and Dutch.
Why there are also 2 Chinese parts and why they are not activated? I don't know.

Last edited:
Back