B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 Mounted in your Car. ( Photos )

A118C replaced a G1W-C in the Prius. Inside the garage, it is visible; I hope it is more discrete when car is outside in the sun.
I used a bandsaw to shave about 5mm off of the narrow end of the wire cover.

A118 mounted interior.jpg A118 mounted exterior.jpg

Much more discreet than your G1W-C that's for sure.

Check out Niko's current mega install, and new side by side post:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...5gc-aptina-ar0330-vs-sony-exmor-imx322.10131/
2015-03-01-12-54-42-jpg.11560

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got one of these installed in a VW tiguan or scirocco? I had a mini 0803 in both cars but on of them has has just died, got VERY hot and screen went dead, when powered up via cable the little charging light shows but nothing on screen, when not plugged in and try to turn it on, nothing. Eprance who I purchased it off want me to send it back to them in China to test and then they'll repair/replace, it'll take approx 7-8 weeks for this and to be honest ive lost faith in the unit after the issue and this A118/B40 looks pretty good!!
I initially was looking at getting mini 0806 but after seeing Techmoans review on the A118 and the fact he's using it in his own car I'm more swayed to getting 1 of these for each car instead, just depends on how they'll mount behind the rear view mirror.
Cheers!

I had the 0803 mounted on the balck dotted section of the windscreen just above the rear view mirror in both the cars and from the outside you really struggled to see them, but they were just in the eyeline when looking in the rear view when driving which was a bit distracting, if I can mount the A118 behind the mirror on the passenger side , I'm hoping it would be as discreet from both the inside and out.

Well I finally got around to installing my cam and everything seems to be working as it should. So far no issues with the sd slot although I do need to grow one nail longer to be able to push and release the card so a dime will have to do until then.image.jpgimage.jpg

A118C replaced a G1W-C in the Prius.

Have you compare the day and night video quality between your new A118C and old G1W-C?

Hello, I could use some advice. I drive rental cars fairly often, about once every month, and I want to bring a dash cam with me. I really like the A118, but I wish it could work with a suction cup mount. Has anyone experimented with/developed a solution? Plus, I'm not sure about using tape on rental cars. Will it leave residue? I'd prefer to stay with the A118 and not use another model like the G1W. Thanks!

Hello, I could use some advice. I drive rental cars fairly often, about once every month, and I want to bring a dash cam with me. I really like the A118, but I wish it could work with a suction cup mount. Has anyone experimented with/developed a solution? Plus, I'm not sure about using tape on rental cars. Will it leave residue? I'd prefer to stay with the A118 and not use another model like the G1W. Thanks!

The SG9665GC comes with a "3M static sticker". You can stick the second mount plate it comes with for a temp install. (clings to the window)

Some folks have had good luck removing the regular 3m tape that comes on the mount and replacing it with some 3m command strips which are much easier to remove. I'll be doing this in July in a rental car myself.

Couldn't you just epoxy a big suction cup on the mount plate?

Is the wire cover necessary? I just feel I would have to put the cam even lower. Can you use the A118 in multiply cars? Thanks.

2015 Subaru Forester. After the second time I fired the SD card across the car while ejecting it, I wired in a ten foot USB cable down the windshield pillar to a USB power adapter in the 12V socket under the dash, so I can copy videos off to my laptop that way instead.

Wiring (beware of the airbag):

Also got some black duct tape today so I can hide the shiny cable a bit better down there :). Got another A118 coming to install in the back next week, if I can figure out a good way to attach it there.

Hi, I have A118C/B40.
Can anyone tell me, when my camera still recording, is possible create a photos in same time?

I know that I can create photos when set in photo mode, but can I create photo in same time with recording?

Back