Biker-Pro weird problems

Check your inbox in the upper right shortly, I'm sending a private message.

Factory:
"Can you please send attached two versions to your customer for testing?"
Okay, I am now checking the BP2015091801 firmware.

I always had to use a smaller SD card to to update the firmware, before installing my 64 MB card. I noticed a while back that it would not accept a firmware update on a 64 GB card, regardless of format used.

I had my Biker-Pro on for many hours using the Biker-Mate firmware and it shut off fine this morning. No problem at all, for the first time, leaving it on that long. I am now very convinced of the bug in the BP2015101301 firmware.

I will report back in a few hours how the BP2015091801 firmware is working. It's nice to have the wireless back.

If it does work, I have to admit that I didn't expect such FAST service on this!

BTW, if the BP2015091801 firmware works perfectly, do you still want me to check the other firmware you sent me?

-Don- Reno, NV

Good idea, This too
I have already tried various sizes of SD cards. All the way down to one GB. The shut-off problem was as consistent as can be, regardless of card size. I only needed to use a smaller card for firmware updates.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
You can stay on the BP2015091801 for now especially if that's the one that works with wifi and the latest app.

You can stay on the BP2015091801 for now especially if that's the one that works with wifi and the latest app.
That BP2015091801 has a different bug. I left the house with it recording normally, and when I got back, around 2.5 hours later, I did not touch anything and the camera is crashed. Both red lights on solid on module, light on camera is out (doesn't blink). And when I disconnected the 13.5 volts there was no change. I had to manually turn off the module. And the last video file got corrupted in the crash. So it looks like the BP2015091801 FW is NG as well as the BP2015101301 FW.

I will now try the other new FW you sent me, and I will format my 64GB card with the that special formatter. If that doesn't work, I will be back to the Biker-Mate firmware and live without the wireless for now.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
That's for reporting back. I'll pass along your feedback. Hopefully we can get a new December firmware compiled soon with the latest Novatek SDK and all bugs resolved.

That's for reporting back. I'll pass along your feedback. Hopefully we can get a new December firmware compiled soon with the latest Novatek SDK and all bugs resolved.
I am now trying the BP20150712301 FW. This is my last chance for now. If this doesn't work, I am back to the Biker-Mate FW, which had no bugs.

Your formatter does NOT work at all on my computer (running Windows 10). I tried several size cards, starting with 64 GB, and I get the same message, that file cannot be opened, it's in use, which is NOT true. I even did an ice cold boot to be sure and got the same message, with nothing else running except for the formatter. So after that, I put in a 16 GB card and used the old way (formatter that comes with Windows 10), and it formatted as usual. So then I put it in the module with the BP20150712301 FW. And after I confirmed it got uploaded to the module by reading the settings file, I put back in a freshly formatted 64 GB micro SD card.

BTW, I discovered that all brands of micro-SD cards work equally in the camera, including Scandisk. Brand didn't seem to make any difference. It seems all the bugs are in the firmware as well as the fomatter, So far, the only thing that has worked well in my Biker-Pro is the Biker-Mate firmware (other than the wireless, but that's expected).

Hopefully, the BP20150712301 will work. It's my last chance for now. It has been running for about a half hour so far, so I have about another hour to wait. But I probably won't be home, so it could be even longer of a test.

-Don- Reno, NV

I am now trying the BP20150712301 FW. This is my last chance for now. If this doesn't work, I am back to the Biker-Mate FW, which had no bugs.

Your formatter does NOT work at all on my computer (running Windows 10). I tried several size cards, starting with 64 GB, and I get the same message, that file cannot be opened, it's in use, which is NOT true. I even did an ice cold boot to be sure and got the same message, with nothing else running except for the formatter. So after that, I put in a 16 GB card and used the old way (formatter that comes with Windows 10), and it formatted as usual. So then I put it in the module with the BP20150712301 FW. And after I confirmed it got uploaded to the module by reading the settings file, I put back in a freshly formatted 64 GB micro SD card.

BTW, I discovered that all brands of micro-SD cards work equally in the camera, including Scandisk. Brand didn't seem to make any difference. It seems all the bugs are in the firmware as well as the fomatter, So far, the only thing that has worked well in my Biker-Pro is the Biker-Mate firmware (other than the wireless, but that's expected).

Hopefully, the BP20150712301 will work. It's my last chance for now. It has been running for about a half hour so far, so I have about another hour to wait. But I probably won't be home, so it could be even longer of a test.

-Don- Reno, NV

That's odd, pretty sure it worked on my Windows 10 machine. I'll see what the problem is and if there is an alternative format utility.

I'm pretty sure the older July firmware only works with the older apps. (and you can't roll back iOS apps)

The most important thing is your camera is recording while riding so use what ever works best in the short term. (even if it means no wifi for now)

ScanDisk = SanDisk by the way. The problem with Sandisk is they use a non-standard proprietary controller. The problem isn't something that shows up quickly. What happens is after heavy recycles if there is any strange glitch it can force the Sandisk card to flip into read only mode halting all further recordings. This is why we recommend to avoid Sandisk in dashcam products. You may or may not ever see the problem, but if you do, you might regret missing an event.

Last edited:
That's odd, pretty sure it worked on my Windows 10 machine. I'll see what the problem is and if there is an alternative format utility.

I'm pretty sure the older July firmware only works with the older apps. (and you can't roll back iOS apps)

The most important thing is your camera is recording while riding so use what ever works best in the short term. (even if it means no wifi for now)

ScanDisk = SanDisk by the way. The problem with Sandisk is they use a non proprietary controller. The problem isn't something that shows up quickly. What happens is after heavy recycles if there is any strange glitch it can force the Sandisk card to flip into read only mode halting all further recordings. This is why we recommend to avoid Sandisk in dashcam products. You may or may not ever see the problem, but if you do, you might regret missing an event.
That's odd, because I have recently seen a Biker-Pro package deal that included a Sandisk card. Perhaps you have seen it too. But I will keep that in mind. But all my 64 GB cards now are NOT sandisk.

I had to look at one of my own Sandisk cards to be convinced I have been using the incorrect name for them all this time!

Anyway, I am leaving home now and when I get back, I will report on the BP20150712301 FW.

-Don- Reno, NV

That's odd, because I have recently seen a Biker-Pro package deal that included a Sandisk card. Perhaps you have seen it too. But I will keep that in mind. But all my 64 GB cards now are NOT sandisk.

I had to look at one of my own Sandisk cards to be convinced I have been using the incorrect name for them all this time!

Anyway, I am leaving home now and when I get back, I will report on the BP20150712301 FW.

-Don- Reno, NV

Oh? hmmm, who's selling a Biker Pro package bundled with a Sandisk card? It's not us obviously. (is this in the USA? or another seller over seas?) We defiantely need to educate them pronto then either way.

Oh? hmmm, who's selling a Biker Pro package bundled with a Sandisk card? It's not us obviously. (is this in the USA? or another seller over seas?) We defiantely need to educate them pronto then either way.

The manufacturer in Hong Kong bundled the Sandisk 32GB card with the Biker Pro that I bought last week...

The manufacturer in Hong Kong bundled the Sandisk 32GB card with the Biker Pro that I bought last week...

Ah, well let me make sure whoever is doing to bundling in Hong Kong knows. The good thing is the latest Novatek SDK might have worked around the potential Sandisk problem, along with increased large card compatibility. We'll see how it goes after more testing.

P.S. Anyone in the EU/UK looking for a Biker can get one through @niko
http://HiNiko.com (his new Amazon listings should go live at some point as well)

The BP20150712301 FW has the exact same problem as the BP2015101301 FW. And more.

When I got home, about 15 minutes ago, I disconnected the 13.5 volt supply and the module is still on, solid red on both, not blinking, doing nothing. I will now shut it off by the module switch. Now I see there were only nine 5 minute files on the SD card, yet I have been gone for several hours with it running. And the last file is corrupted. The five minute files ran continuously from 11:36 AM to 12:15 PM.

By the times listed on the files, it stopped recording at 12:15, but it LOOKED like it was still recording normally when I got home after 1600 hrs, as it was blinking normally, until I removed the power supply voltage. That part I don't understand, other than something was seriously wrong with the BP2015101301 FW, just as with all the other Biker-Pro FWs.

I will test the formatter in my other Win10 computers a bit later and will let you know, but it doesn't work in the Acer I am using right now.

I will now but back in the Biker Mate FW (BM2015073002) in my Biker-Pro, and install it all back on the bike, and patently wait for a decent Biker-Pro FW update.

-Don- Reno, NV

Thanks for the detailed testing reports. I'll pass along your great feedback so it will help with the priority fixes. Thanks for hanging in here, great work discovering the Mate firmware works on the Pro!

I have now tried the formatter on three different computers, all different makes, and I get the same something like "cannot open--in use" message( It won't let me copy and paste the error message).

I put the fomatter on drive C (hard drive) and try to format the drive letter of the SD card, so I don't think I could be doing anything wrong. It looks like it will work until I actually try to format the SD card and then iI get the error message every time on every computer I tried. I had NO other programs running.

You might want to try it on other computers too. I expect it won't work on more computers than it will work on.

And I also tried different brands of microSD cards. But I still have NOT received my Transcend cards (I don't know why) yet. Perhaps that is the problem. Can you use the fomatter on other brands of SD cards?

-Don- Reno, NV

I did my final 3.5 hour in-house test with the MATE FW in my Pro Camera. I stopped the camera by turning off the supply and then checked every five minute file on the SD card. All was perfect. So I installed it all back on my best bike (2013 Triumph Trophy SE) and ran the engine to check it, and still all good news. I took the SD card out and checked it on this computer. Nice high quality movie of my garage!

I am (for now) all done with testing the Biker-Pro in the house. From now on, it will be used normally and I really don't expect any more problems. I have yet to see a single camera problem of any type with the BM2015073002 in many hours of testing.

But I still don't know what the "AUTO_POWER_OFF" setting does. Even with the MATE firmware, it seems to do nothing at all regardless of setting. Not important, I am only curious if it is really supposed to do something.

BTW, when do you expect there will be a new BP firmware? At least this next time, they should know to test the automatic power off by letting it run for at least a few hours.

If they can only add the wireless function to the BM FW without any ill effects, that will be perfect for the BP.

When they get the bugs out, I will buy a few more. I own four motorcycles.

-Don- Reno, NV

-I have a few people researching what the best alternative FAT32 format utility is that will also work in in Windows 10.

-Biker Pro firmware update ETA unknown, but the global team effort is making this bug fix a high priority so we'll report back when we know more.

Back