Biker-Pro weird problems

Correct, original cables have intermittent issues from improper construction. They work for most, but not worth the risk as the new cables from the new factory are solid / reliable now.

Is that for the cards of all sizes used in the Biker-Pro?How's that done from the settings file?
Leaving it on all the time is not quite the same as it not timing out. But perhaps better would be for it to time out after up to an an hour setting, if not done by some other means, with a much lower time default. I really cannot think of any possible problem other than battery drain, which I already addressed.I just want to be certain it's not only happening in my module! But I assume it will be all, but until others report the same thing, we won't know for certain.

-Don- Reno, NV

I believe the reason most cameras with wifi always time out is because while its connected to your phone. Your phone does not have a active internet connection. So to prevent users from going hours with out any internet connection because they forgot to disconnect. They have the wifi automatically turn off after a short period of inactivity.

I could be way off. But this has always been my assumption.

I believe the reason most cameras with wifi always time out is because while its connected to your phone. Your phone does not have a active internet connection. So to prevent users from going hours with out any internet connection because they forgot to disconnect. They have the wifi automatically turn off after a short period of inactivity.

I could be way off. But this has always been my assumption.

correct

Just thought I would come back here to see if the problem with the PRO firmware, where camera would not shut off after an hour of use, was confirmed by anybody else and if any progress has been made.

As far as the wireless timeout, IMO, that should be a default setting to timeout, which we can change, if we wish to, if we understand the possible consequences.

BTW, my Pro camera has been working perfectly with the non-Pro firmware.

-Don- Reno, NV

I had a pro customer On October firmware fix that exact problem by changing the settings.txt default section from 0 to 1. After the factory default reset everything worked again.

Another new firmware is about a week away.

That didn't work for me. I reset it to default dozens of times and it would never shut off properly when left on for more than an hour or so. I spent hours on the problem when I had it set up here in the house. That's how I discovered the non-Pro firmware worked perfectly in the Pro (but then, no wireless, of course). And even when I went back to the pro firmware, the problem came back EVERY time, no exceptions, as long as it was left recording for more than an hour. I cannot say to the exact minute, but it will be easy to verify if left on recording for an hour and a half and disconnected from the main power. It just won't shut off. Like I mentioned before, this is NOT an intermittent problem. It's every time with the Pro firmware when left on for more than an hour but NEVER happens when the incorrect non-Pro firmware is used. Easy to verify.

I will be looking for the new firmware and when it's here, I will remove the Biker-Pro from the bike, install the new firmware and do more indoor testing with my 13.8 volt power supply indoors. I will report back here if the new firmware fixes the bug.

BTW, are the better shorter cables available for it yet?

-Don- Reno, NV

I'll post when it's available looking forward to your test results.

I just sold my last 100cm cable I'll be placing a new order soon and will get more cables. I'll see if the V2 cable is available in any length shorter than 200cm/100cm yet.

Thanks. All the stuff is very close together on my bike, so the shorter the better. Shorter cables will make it all a lot easier to reinstall. Camera is mounted under headlight cover with the cables pressed in above the cover and is a very tight fit as is.

I am looking forward to trying the new firmware.

-Don- Reno, NV

I am relieved to find out that someone is having the same problems with the bullethd Pro that I am. It does not always shut down properly, so far I have noticed that if I always shut it off manually it works fine. However, if I just turn off the bike and it has been recording for a while it will just stay red on the camera unit and the camera itself. Not to mention the files are corrupt and will not play.

Please try to reset to factory faults via settings.txt file. Change the default value you see from 0 to 1. Save the file. Insert card back into main unit and power on.

Also try powering the main unit via a wall USB phone charger as a test to rule out a bad power supply.

There should be a new stability enhancement firmware to try this next week as well.

If you're using a SanDisk card that can be a problem as well

I am relieved to find out that someone is having the same problems with the bullethd Pro that I am. It does not always shut down properly, so far I have noticed that if I always shut it off manually it works fine. However, if I just turn off the bike and it has been recording for a while it will just stay red on the camera unit and the camera itself. Not to mention the files are corrupt and will not play.
I spent a lot of time on this problem. Many hours with it all set up in this house. I discovered with my Biker-Pro that the ONLY fix is to use the Biker-Mate firmware in the Biker-Pro and live without the wireless until the new Pro firmware is available.

The Pro firmware seems to work fine if left on for less than a half hour or so. But it will hang EVERY time if left on for a little more than an hour on external power when this DC external power shut off, leaving you with the last file corrupted, which will usually be the most important file of all in an accident or whatever. With the Mate firmware in the Pro, you can leave it on external power for days with no problem at all when external power is shut off.

-Don- Reno, NV

This just in from the factory:

"This is the latest firmware of BIKER PRO which resolved system crash issues"
Great, but it will be a few weeks before I can check it out because I am now a couple of hundred miles away from my bike & camera.

I will set it up in my Reno home again and let it run for hours and see what happens when I disconnect the external power.

BTW, please let me know when you get some shorter cables in.

-Don- SSF, CA

Ok, I tried the newest fimrware, the BP2016012501. It's the worse of them all. I have everything setup with a 13.8 volt power supply in the house so I can see exactly what it does. Again, it works perfectly for ten minutes or less. But before an hour is up, it crashes, even before it is disconnected. And then when it is disconnected, it stays on. Both red lights stay lit. It must manually then be turned off.

The old problem was only when disconnected, with the old Pro firmware. But the new firmware crashes before then. I tested the new firmware 8 times so far. Two different size SD cards (Trensend 64 GB and 16 GB). 8 tests, 8 crashes within one hour.

But the old Biker-Mate firmware works perfectly in my Pro., no problems at all, other than the fact that there is no wireless, as expected. I can leave it on for countless hours and it has not crashed a single time yet.

With the flaky new Pro firmware:
##########################################################################################
#system setting
# CAUTION: TO PREVENT SERIOUS SYSTEM CRASH, ONLY ENGLISH ALPHA-NUMERICS CAN BE USED FOR BELOW PARAMETERS AND CAMERA NAME
##########################################################################################
VERSION = BP2016012501 # DO NOT CHANGE
WIFI_NAME = BIKER-PRO # wifi name,length 1-32 (a-z, A-Z, 0-9)
WIFI_PASSWORD = 00000000 # wifi password, length 8-32 (a-z, A-Z, 0-9)
RESOLUTION = 0 # (0=1080p@30fps, 1= 720p@60fps)
VIDEO_TIME = 1 # (0=1mins, 1=2mins, 2=3mins,3=5mins,4=10mins,5=15mins) recording interval time
QUALITY = 0 # (0=fine, 1=good, 2=normal)
LOOP_RECORD = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
DATE_STAMP = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
G-SENSOR = 0 # (0=high, 1=mid,2=low,3=off)
TIMELAPSE = 0 # (0=off, 1=1s,2=2s,3=5s,4=10s,5=30s,6=60s)
AUDIO_RECORD = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
AUTO_POWER_OFF = 1 # (0=Off, 1=3min,2=5min,3=10min)
TIME_SET = N2015.01.01.00:00:00 # (Y=change N=No change
DEFAULT_SETTING = 0 # (0=false, 1=true) when set to 1, the camera will ignore other settings, set to system default and write the default settings in this file
CAMERA_NAME = BIKER-PRO # Device ID
#end

I get the feeling that the fimrware testers only see that it works when on for less than a half hour or so.

Just crashed again. Only ten minutes this time. Crashed before I could complete this message. (now nine crashes in a row, all within one hour of recording time).

I will go back to the old Biker-Mate firmware and live without the wireless. I have not found ANY bugs in my pro with the old Mate firmware in many hours of testing.

I wish somebody would tell the firmmare programmers to test their firmware for a couple of hours before they release it!

I expect you will find even more complaints with the new Pro firmware.

BTW, I did do a "1" reset and I formatted from the wireless before any of my testing. I also tried the formatting tool a couple of times, along with different size SD cards.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
You have to have something uniquely wrong with that unit or your environment. We have no other reports of that behavior. Maybe it's time we help you get that swapped out under warranty. I'm sending a private message with an action plan.

You have to have something uniquely wrong with that unit or your environment. We have no other reports of that behavior. Maybe it's time we help you get that swapped out under warranty. I'm sending a private message with an action plan.
Can't be environment, clean 13.8 DC volts. Perhaps equipment, but seems strange that it works perfectly with the Mate FW but not the Pro.

Some tech info:

To pwr supply 13.8 VDC @ 180 ma.

at USB pwr port= 4.56 volts @ 360 ma.

Transcend 64 gb & 16 gb micro-sd cards.

Same environment, same stuff used with Pro & Mate firmware.

Went back to Mate FW and testing again--all okay--no problems.

-Don- Reno, NV

We've shipped quite a few of these and people are iPhone/Android App'n away, happily.
I'll send you a complete new Biker Pro retail package once our new 2016 Biker Pro/Mate freight shipment arrives after the weekend. (Tracking shows Monday)
I found your details, please confirm your shipping address is still the same. (check your private message inbox upper right)

P.S. I'm even willing to hand deliver this thing if need be since our office is in Carson City just south of you. (20 minutes)

if I were to guess I'd say it's a wifi hardware component fault, the non wifi firmware will leave the wifi hardware out of the loop
Yes, I thought of that possibility too. Hopefully that is it. But seems so strange that time left on is the only important factor. The Pro FW works perfectly if I don't leave it recording for more than around ten minutes or so. The old Pro FW would give me an hour!

-Don- Reno, NV

I have a bunch of 2015 Pro customers that confirmed things are better than ever after updating to the 2016 firmware. I have the replacement order queued up and ready to ship out next week once stock arrives. Please confirm your details I sent are correct in the private message sent. (see inbox, upper right) I don't have your real email on record, and not sure the Amazon redirect address will work any more to send a message.

I'll give you a call next week if I don't' hear from you by then. ~Jon

Back