Biker-Pro weird problems

There is a Pro firmware bug that could be causing problems. Please confirm your G-sensor is truly set OFF. (see problem below). G-sensor doesn't work well on motorcycles and I recommend to leave it off.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ashcam-novatek-96655.12423/page-7#post-249038

"While playing with the settings (via mobile app)I noticed there is a small bug in the iOS app, it sets the G-sensor level the wrong way round; if you select "off" it stores the value 0 which is actually "high" according to the comment in the (settings.txt) text file (on the microSD card), and video clips are stored with different filename stems when the motion sensor is triggered. You can set it to 3 (off) by manually editing the text file, or by selecting "high" in the app. "

The factory is now aware of the problem so a new firmware update will be out at some point. (No ETA at this time)

There is a Pro firmware bug that could be causing problems. Please confirm your G-sensor is truly set OFF. (see problem below). G-sensor doesn't work well on motorcycles and I recommend to leave it off.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ashcam-novatek-96655.12423/page-7#post-249038

"While playing with the settings (via mobile app)I noticed there is a small bug in the iOS app, it sets the G-sensor level the wrong way round; if you select "off" it stores the value 0 which is actually "high" according to the comment in the (settings.txt) text file (on the microSD card), and video clips are stored with different filename stems when the motion sensor is triggered. You can set it to 3 (off) by manually editing the text file, or by selecting "high" in the app. "

The factory is now aware of the problem so a new firmware update will be out at some point. (No ETA at this time)
Okay, I will give that a try, (when I get back to Reno) as mine has always been set to on. But I have had this crash bug when there was no movement at all, set up in the house. But does this G-sensor problem only happen on the PRO and not the MATE? That will be interesting if it also fixes the crash problem, which I would think would be unrelated, but worth a try.

Or I can simply wait for the new PRO FW and then see what happens, as both my PRO units work perfectly with the MATE FW.

-Don- SSF, CA

Hello,

New to this site... but have had being using the BikerPro since last summer. In fact, I just had an article published in Wing World Magazine on how to install a Biker Pro to a Goldwing.

The issue that Don mentions has happened to me as well several times. Both before and after the new cable was sent. On short rides... it never locks up. But after riding for a few hours straight which I do often, sometimes the controller simply will not shut off on it's own. Also a few times after a few hours, I notice the lights are solid red and not flashing. Now, it seems my unit does it less frequently than Dons... but I have noticed the same thing. I wondered if it could be heat related as in my case... I seem to notice it more frequently on very hot days where I take long rides. But, that may just be coincidence.

I have loaded the MATE FW into mine like Don did to see if that stops the periodic lock-ups. But we have a wet forecast for a while so not sure when I can take some long rides.

I do not think I will miss the WiFi. Honestly it takes too long to download files to my phone. Much quicker to pull the card and dump to my PC when I want a movie clip.

Anyway... aside from the occasional lock-up on long rides... I very much like my Biker-Pro and recommend it every chance I get.

Gentlemen.
Very interesting discussion about power supplies
I've had a number of issues with my camera and Pier28 has been helping me work through them.
I have the latest Pro FW.
I can get the camera to work consistently by having the hardwired USB switched power supply charge a 22oomah lipstick sized phone battery pack which in turn powers the camera.
I have to turn the camera on and off manually as it always gets USB power.
Having the battery pack means I can continue recording if I park and forget to turn off camera.
Next thing to try is remove the battery pack and have the hardwired USB power supply (to unswitched) supply the camera all the time and continue to turn it on and off manually.
Hopefully wont drain bike battery.
See my other thread for pics
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/bullethd-setup-question.17908/

I am waiting on delivery of my new BulletHD cam. After reading through this string, I guess that I want to disable the G sensor, and update the FW? I'd like the functionality of the WiFi so I can expect to have issues with file corruptions if I leave the camera on longer than 2hours? If I want longer run times I need to change the FW to the most recent Mate version?

I also see on the firmware page that the release date for the most current version (7/26/2016) is 2016 05 19 but the version is listed as 2015101301.... Is that right? The other updates all corresponded with their release date..

I also see on the firmware page that the release date for the most current version (7/26/2016) is 2016 05 19 but the version is listed as 2015101301.... Is that right? The other updates all corresponded with their release date..

I'll ask the factory stand by.

I installed this FW yesterday and tested it today. It didn't go too well
BP2015101301.
Should the factory have a new firmware number EXACTLY the same as an earlier one that was causing problems even if this FW was the basis for the upgrade (check that quote from the beginning of this thread). Had multiple failures today even solely on battery pack and intermittent WIFI. Make sure you check before installing. I'm going to reinstall the old / later version I last had in the camera. Can anyone help me.

Last edited:
One other little thing might be worth a try, mine crashed on a day out recently but I remembered I removed some tape I had wrapped around the USB power connector (I originally did this to waterproof it), so I taped it up again and it's been ok since. Maybe the connection can be upset by bumps?

I installed this FW yesterday and tested it today. It didn't go too well

Should the factory have a new firmware number EXACTLY the same as an earlier one that was causing problems even if this FW was the basis for the upgrade (check that quote from the beginning of this thread). Had multiple failures today even solely on battery pack and intermittent WIFI. Make sure you check before installing. I'm going to reinstall the old / later version I last had in the camera. Can anyone help me.
Did you get the help you needed?

Back