Biker-Pro weird problems

-I have a few people researching what the best alternative FAT32 format utility is that will also work in in Windows 10.

FAT32-Formatter works in Win10, just tested it now (Win10 Pro 64bit), two things I did though to get it to work, I run the program in Win7 compatibility mode and also must do a quick format using Windows before formatting with FAT32-Formatter, if you don't do the quick format first you'll get a message that the disk is in use by another program and can't be formatted, do the quick format first though and it clears that

Maybe if some else wants to test on Win10 and see how you go and post back with results

FAT32-Formatter works in Win10, just tested it now (Win10 Pro 64bit), two things I did though to get it to work, I run the program in Win7 compatibility mode and also must do a quick format using Windows before formatting with FAT32-Formatter, if you don't do the quick format first you'll get a message that the disk is in use by another program and can't be formatted, do the quick format first though and it clears that

Maybe if some else wants to test on Win10 and see how you go and post back with results

Just tested, confirmed partially working.

1) quick format via regular windows method (not using the app)
ixZgJUa.png

2) right click, properties on FAT32-Formatter.exe
0Fyt0Rb.png

3) Windows 7 Compatibility Mode & Run as administrator
5wwxqMq.png

4) The first time you run FAT32-Formatter.exe it completes successfully.
CVJ9Ofu.png

Problem:
After you've successfully formated to FAT32, If you repeat step 1 for what ever reason to re-quick format back to exFAT, FAT32-Formatter.exe will no longer complete as before.
(same in use error) I suspect if I rebooted it might work again.
eP28Avt.png

Last edited:
just tried it again with some other cards, same deal, try the program and it says disk in use, quick format through Windows then can successfully format using the program

Ok I figured it out, easy fix for the last problem part above.

Eject the memory card, re-insert, repeat all steps above and it works as expected. (this breaks the card in use error if you repeat the steps twice in a row by mistake)

-I have a few people researching what the best alternative FAT32 format utility is that will also work in in Windows 10.
I just discovered your formatter works perfectly in my old Gateway Win7 notebook computer. BTW, that is the same computer I need to use with my DealerTool to read the OBD2 port on my Triumph Trophy SE motorcycle, so that makes it kinda convenient anyway, as I only use this notebook computer for this same cycle (my DealerTool hardware is not compatible with win10) . Also, I got my 64 GB Transcend micro SD cards today. Which allocation unit size should I use with these 64GB cards in my Biker-Pro? And should it be changed for other size SD cards for use in the Biker-Pro?
-Biker Pro firmware update ETA unknown, but the global team effort is making this bug fix a high priority so we'll report back when we know more.
There is no big hurry, AFAIMC, as there is a workaround if I really want to use the wireless. I will simply have a couple of small SD cards around with each firmware (BM & BP) installed, just to change FW back and fourth but not to use for anything else.

BTW, one added feature I would like to see the Biker-Pro FW have is an option so the wireless will NOT ever time out, even when using it's own internal battery. The idea is that I can watch the front of the bike from inside a restaurant or whatever. That the internal battery might go dead is NOT an issue as I have several ways to keep it charged with the ignition off (for one thing, my cycle has both 12 volt as well as USB ports close to the camera, where I can simply plug to a different cable to keep the Biker-Pro well charged, with the ignition off). And I also have portable USB power, which I can recharge again while riding. This bike even has power port inside the travel trunk, that is only active while the engine is running (don't have to worry about it discharging the bike's battery if left charging another).

-Don- Reno, NV

-Biker Pro firmware update ETA unknown, but the global team effort is making this bug fix a high priority so we'll report back when we know more.
BTW, have you or others confirmed this BP firmware bug? A better question might be has ANYBODY been able to leave their BP on, with the BP2015101301 FW, for an hour and a half or so and disconnect the 13.5 volt power and have it shut down normally?

I never could figure the exact time it took, but leaving it on for 20 minutes wasn't enough to see the problem, but more than an hour or so, always would show this problem.

-Don- Reno, NV

just tried it again with some other cards, same deal, try the program and it says disk in use, quick format through Windows then can successfully format using the program
Well, I got it to work in this Win10 computer, but I had to play around with the sd card to make it work

It works quite well as is in my Gateway Win7 notebook computer, I didn't have to do anything special for it to work.

I assume that formatter was developed before Win10 came out, as it works very well with Win7.

-Don- Reno, NV

Use 32768 allocation size with the fat32 formatter. You can also re-format it via the settings.txt file or app.

Having the wifi time out seems to be the default practice across multiple other wifi camera platforms out there so there must be a good technical reason why it's not good to leave the wifi operating at all times.

All the BP's shipped out recently had the September firmware and haven't had this report yet. Most likely many of the sales are X'mas gifts so it's urgent this is sorted quickly of course. The factory is on it.

I haven't had a chance to replicate the issue yet as I'm out of stock currently. My friend had one and I'm getting him to bring it for longer term testing soon

Use 32768 allocation size with the fat32 formatter.
Is that for the cards of all sizes used in the Biker-Pro?
You can also re-format it via the settings.txt file or app.
How's that done from the settings file?
Having the wifi time out seems to be the default practice across multiple other wifi camera platforms out there so there must be a good technical reason why it's not good to leave the wifi operating at all times.
Leaving it on all the time is not quite the same as it not timing out. But perhaps better would be for it to time out after up to an an hour setting, if not done by some other means, with a much lower time default. I really cannot think of any possible problem other than battery drain, which I already addressed.
I haven't had a chance to replicate the issue yet as I'm out of stock currently. My friend had one and I'm getting him to bring it for longer term testing soon
I just want to be certain it's not only happening in my module! But I assume it will be all, but until others report the same thing, we won't know for certain.

-Don- Reno, NV

Same for all

Open settings.txt and change the value of the line that says format from 0 to 1. Next time you insert the card it should format itself and change the value back to 0.

Not sure about if No timeout is possible will learn more to why/if possible. I really doubt the range is good enough to reach your hike or inside of a restaurant etc.

Open settings.txt and change the value of the line that says format from 0 to 1. Next time you insert the card it should format itself and change the value back to 0.
There is no such "format" line in neither the Biker-Pro nor Biker-Mate. I have a print-out of both "setting.txt" files right in front of me. However, there is a format (but with nothing to change) in the Pro W/L I have used it several times, but it does NOT show up in the setting.txt file.

Not sure about if No timeout is possible will learn more to why/if possible. I really doubt the range is good enough to reach your hike or inside of a restaurant etc.
I have already used it in a restaurant, it worked, and then I noticed the clock stopped after a couple of minutes. And this was when I still had the battery charging problem, perhaps making the range even less than it should have been. Of course, I realize the range limits as well as other limitations.

BTW, I was employed as a radio technician for more than 40 years.

Anyway, I will go get the card out of the bike, as I want to put in a fresh 64 GB Transcend card in there anyway. That way I can post the Mate setting file:

##########################################################################################
#system setting
# CAUTION: TO PREVENT SERIOUS SYSTEM CRASH, ONLY ENGLISH ALPHA-NUMERICS CAN BE USED FOR BELOW PARAMETERS AND CAMERA NAME
##########################################################################################
VERSION = BM2015073002 # DO NOT CHANGE
RESOLUTICON = 0 # (0=1080p@30fps, 1= 720p@60fps)
VIDEO_TIME = 3 # (0=1mins, 1=2mins, 2=3mins,3=5mins,4=10mins,5=15mins) recording interval time
QUALITY = 0 # (0=fine, 1=good, 2=normal)
LOOP_RECORD = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
DATE_STAMP = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
G-SENSOR = 0 # (0=high, 1=mid,2=low,3=off)
AUDIO_RECORD = 1 # (0=off, 1=on)
AUTO_POWER_OFF = 1 # (0=Off, 1=3min,2=5min,3=10min)
TIME_SET = N2015.01.01.00:00:00 # (Y=change N=No change
DEFAULT_SETTING = 0 # (0=false, 1=true) when set to 1, the camera will ignore other settings, set to system default and write the default settings in this file
CAMERA_NAME = BIKER-MATE # Device ID
#end

-Don- Reno, NV

The format line was there when I first tested originally when it was a new product. Things might have changed or maybe it's because you're running mate firmware on the pro. (Not sure, I'll need to experiment more myself to re-find it). It should be in all mate settings.txt files since that's the only way to do it with no wifi.

I'm guessing your settings.txt file is a bit of a hybrid since you've swapped back and forth. Maybe delete everything in the card and have the settings.txt file be recreated. You're in uncharted waters using mate firmware on the pro.

The format line was there when I first tested originally when it was a new product. Things might have changed
I think you will find that is the case.
or maybe it's because you're running mate firmware on the pro. (Not sure, I'll need to experiment more myself to re-find it). It should be in all mate settings.txt files since that's the only way to do it with no wifi.
It's in neither. I have the PRO printout right in front of me, a hardcopy from the day I received the unit. Unfornately, I did not save it on the computer when I printed it out.
I'm guessing your settings.txt file is a bit of a hybrid since you've swapped back and forth. Maybe delete everything in the card and have the settings.txt file be recreated. You're in uncharted waters using mate firmware on the pro.
I have done that countless times with both the Pro as well as the Mate. I never saw a format command other than via wireless.

But now, I wonder what would happen if I simply typed the format command in to my settng.txt file. Can you post a copy of yours here? Are there other differences as well?

My guess is they removed it. Perhaps too many accidentally lost their files with it. BTW, I just checked the PRO pdf manual. It has FW listed as BP2015050402 and still no "format" in "setting.txt" See page 11.

Also, on page 7:

"When using a micro SD memory card, there should be no
DATA from other devices on the card. If you are using a
micro SD memory card for the first time in the BIKER PRO,
you should first format (FAT32) the card in your computer.
It is recommended to use Class 6 or above"

-Don-

Just checked a Biker Mate, I don't see the format line in the settings.txt file. (latest BM firmware) I don't have any old BM settings.txt file examples or the original release firmware to get the exact syntax/format to try. I'll need to ask the devs when/why it was changed. It was there before, sorry for the wild goose chase. (was going memory alone) The instructions say to format in the PC just in case someone has a SDXC exFat microSD card. The instructions need to be improved for sure, but that's why you are here to get direct support. (we can fill in the gaps)

most handsets if you setup an association with the wifi will connect to the wifi and then lose cellular internet access, end result if the wifi is always on is that you need to keep turning wifi off on the handset when you want internet access, quickly becomes a chore if you have to keep on doing that, smarter to either have it auto on for a few minutes at power up or if the design allows have a switch on the camera to turn wifi on and off as needed

I just received the above advertisement via e-mail. That was great, because I could not remember where I saw it, couldn't find it in a search, but it it came direct to me. I now assume the other time it was vie e-mail as well.

On a slightly different subject, I saw 15 CM (six inch) cables mentioned for both, the video and power. Where can I buy a couple of those extra short cables for my Biker-Pro?

-Don- Reno, NV

I saw 15 CM (six inch) cables mentioned for both, the video and power. Where can I buy a couple of those extra short cables for my Biker-Pro?

-Don- Reno, NV

The new extra reliably built v 2.0 video cable is only made in the 200cm flavor at this time. I wouldn't buy any of the shorter <200cm v 1.0 sizes until the factory is ramped up for the shorter options as well.

The new extra reliably built v 2.0 video cable is only made in the 200cm flavor at this time. I wouldn't buy any of the shorter <200cm v 1.0 sizes until the factory is ramped up for the shorter options as well.
You got me just in time, as I just found where they could be ordered and have them in the cart, but I have not yet checked out.

I take it that these are the older style cables that are less reliable than the new? Are they really that unreliable? If so, looks like I will have to wait. I have it installed with all that extra cable, but it makes it difficult to hide with all that extra cable, since my modules are just a few inches apart. All mounted under the headlight.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back