BlackVue Downloader [Latest http://www.gizmocoding.com]

Hi all,

I have just had a report that AVG reports version 4.2.0 as potentially having a ID.Generic threat.

This is a false positive, as the below info would confirm

See this post for more details and Across the board virus checks:

Even more reason why to stick to a Windows Store app - which does have not only virus checks as basic, but also code details/not allowing bad behaviour at all.

Thanks

Glenn

max speed under cam details is showing incorrectly

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback - but going to need a bit more info. Incorrect as not there, or wrong speed - or different to track data (because basically should be the same). GPS is reported in knots and converted to either km/hr or miles/hr depending on regional settings.

Only shows those gps dates that have been parsed, the parse GPS button checks all available.

Let me know what is what.

Thanks

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

says i was going like example 2,076km/hr

Well that’s pretty quick, certainly five star rating trip if everyone arrives Alive!

Seems pretty strange - wonder how it to got to that - what does the tracking stuff look like?

Possible it’s calculating wrong, or gps data might be missing (if missing shouldn’t be wrong though).

Remember it does give everything 3 decimal points and scans as downloads - updating Max speed as it does. So will start of pretty low with three decimals eg. 2.068 km/hr until faster speeds are found and updated.

Probably need a whole lot of gps files from different cameras to make sense of it - if could PM me here or other forum that’ll be helpful.

Last edited:
says i was going like example 2,076km/hr

Further to this - & lacking specific info - I suspect you are referring the the Google Maps Elevation Profile only?

With Blackvue Downloader max reported speed and all the track (click on the path) data being accurate?

I have now seen this as I have found some previously not used GPS files, by other download options. Essentially it appears to be a Google Earth 'error' as it is not seen in other GPS mapping programs for KML or KMZ files (KMZ is a zip file of KML- can rename KML it to Zip and unextract as needed)

I believe I have a fix, which is to skip duplicate timedates, which will update soon to 4.2.5... prefer to test for a bit because some of the other changes are more major.

This also brings some cosmetic changes, but more notably scaling compatibility for all devices/scales aspects.

Hopefully all going well, in the store by Xmas...

Current Changelog Below:

4.2.5.png

Find the missing GPS files... missing from every other downloader option it seems...
Skip processing 0 byte gps files
Deal with occasional download fail mp4 video better (occasionally would have 0 byte mp4 files)
Fix for Speed Issues in Google Earth Profile view
(was Google Earth issue, not dealing with same datetime twice - as happened with Emerg/Manual Gps files)

Make Scaling/DPI Compatible - all windows.
Make Live Video Window Resizable as liked.
Don't delete gps data for 21 days total. To enable Processing GPS files well into past, even if only storing tiny amounts of video.
Significant Cosmetic changes

Pir8pete said: "says i was going like example 2,076km/hr "​
GlennNZ: "Well that’s pretty quick, certainly five star rating trip if everyone arrives Alive! "
Hahahahahahahahaha!

Are the updates to the program automatic? Or are you notified within the program, and are the free once you pay?

Also - I have the box checked for "run at startup" yet the app does does not run at startup on my Windows 10.

Also - I have the box checked for "run at startup" yet the app does does not run at startup on my Windows 10.
Yeah, actually this is the same for me. I thought it was just me. Standard win 10 x64 installation, no tweaks or fiddling about.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, actually this is the same for me. I thought it was just me. Standard win 10 x64 installation, no tweaks or fiddling about.

Thanks for the report, probably a Windows 10 store code difference.
Will have a look...

Last edited:
Are the updates to the program automatic? Or are you notified within the program, and are the free once you pay?

Windows 10 Store - does all this, and probably more.
Updates are automatic - provided app isn't running - typically is but can manually go to store and press update etc.
All updates are free, there is no in-app purchases/apps/or general crap once purchased.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I bought a $140 mini PC so I can leave it on 24/7. If it reboots (when windows updstes for example), it's important that the program runs as it defeats the purpose of having it on 24/7 if it doesn't auto run

Hi All

Version 4.2.7 In Store now - Amazingly quick approval - only took a couple of minutes, versus 3 days prior norm.

What is new?:

Some major changes - maybe some bug fixes needed, have limited rollout... can force update to get version I believe (4.2.7) otherwise limited to 50%...

Any bugs let me know and hopefully store approval just as quick....

Glenn

Last edited:
Is there a way to change some setting on Windows 10 so that if the computer reboots (for example after an update) there is no login screen and windows just runs and blackvue just auto launches. I want to keepmthis computer on 24/7, but the login screen prevents this to be effective

Yep - very easy to setup, takes 10 seconds, see here:

New version should have fixed Startup issue (4.2.7)

Glenn

4.2.7 gives this error when opening -> Exception :Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490

in 4.2.0 I don't get that error

Last edited:
4.2.7 gives this error when opening now -> Exception :Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490

in 4.2.0 I don't get that error

Thanks.
Just means the startup code has not been initialisation (may go after first run), or not running the windows 10 store app version? (which doesn’t exist)

Message Will do no harm, but will look at removing.

Few more minor updates coming, but I’m certainly finding 4.2.7+ running really well and stable....

Glenn

Last edited:
Back