Blueskysea B1W dashcam

Short press the button on the end of the camera.

View attachment 35340
You need to press the button on the end of the B1W, at the time of the video clip you want to save.

As there's no screen on the B1W, you can't tell whether the video file you wanted to save had finished just before you hit the button. Sometimes you can be distracted by driving or other events and not be able to hit the button for a few seconds.

If there's something you really want to keep, as with any other camera I'd suggest you remove the microSD card ASAP and make a copy of the file. That's probably more important when you do not have a screen.

I have always used the mental event button, meaning i just make a mental note about where on my drive something happen i want to save.
This work fine for me as my driving are pretty much the same all the time, for a work related scenario i would not think it would work, at least not with a memory like mine.

I do like the new way of doing it by saving whole file segments instead of what are in a small buffer and then a few seconds after that, but off course that do mean your event files are larger and so fewer of those are needed to eventually fill the card.
But i also think the newer cameras also have a delete routine for read only files, personally i would make my dream camera so it would delete the event files when they are a week old.

And i really like the new cameras that have a remote event button ( BT or something but i would take wired too ) this let me place the event button at a faster to reach location.

You can try changing some ISP settings with default_cfg.bin text file placed to the root of the memory card...

Attachments

• default_cfg.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Mtz
Quick question, is there an update on the issue with having WiFi always turned off, even after the car is turned off and on? As of right now, whenever I do manually turn the WiFi off, once I turn my car off, and turn it back on again, the WiFi is automatically on.

There is also an issue with the app where my Nexus and Pixel devices for some reason cannot connect to the B1W app (even when connected to WiFi). The only solution to this is to turn off my mobile connection (LTE). Not sure if this can possibly be resolved as well in an update? I am running Android 8.0 on these devices as a reference.

You can try changing some ISP settings with default_cfg.bin text file placed to the root of the memory card...
Changed the config, put it in the root of the memory card, there are no changes to the video, there is no config on the card...

B1W Dashcam Android and camera firmware updates

Firmware update: v1.06.180103s
Android software: V1.6

Camera firmware improvements:
Auto-rotate image upon rotation of the lens: – Ie. If the camera is pointing forwards through the front of the vehicle and you wish to rotate the lens towards the inside of the vehicle, the video image will automatically rotate to accommodate the new orientation.
Vid IQ/Noise problem improved.
Sound: To change the opening and closing sounds of the camera.

1. Android software V1.6 update:
To update the Android software download the update here upload it into your Android device.
Please note: If iphone user, please wait a few more days.

~Firmware updates:

2(a) Default WiFi ON
1.Download the firmware update from here
file names cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin
2. Stick a 32Gb or 64gB Sd card in your computer and format the card to FAT32 using a GuiFormat tool or it should be possible to use the computer format but format the card to FAT32.​
3. Copy the file cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin over to the SD card and put the card into the camera.​
4. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.​
5. Take out the SD card and reformat it using a GuiFormat tool or using your computer format to FAT32.​
6. Place the SD card back into the camera and you’re ready to go.​
7. Check the firmware version using your Android device. The NEW firmware which should be loaded in your B1W camera should now be v1.06.180103s
The GREEN LED light should be flashing
To turn off the WiFi, press and hold the button at the end of the camera for about 2-3 seconds.​
Screenshot_2018-01-04-12-07-43.jpg

2(b) Default WiFi OFF
1. Download the firmware update from here
file name cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin
2. Stick a 32Gb or 64gB Sd card in your computer and format the card to FAT32 using a GuiFormat tool or it should be possible to use the computer format but format the card to FAT32.​
3. Copy the file cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin over to the SD card and put the card into the camera.​
4. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.​
5. Take out the SD card and reformat it using a GuiFormat tool or using your computer format to FAT32.​
6. Place the SD card back into the camera and you’re ready to go.​
7. Check the firmware version using your Android device. The NEW firmware which should be loaded in your B1W camera should now be v1.06.180103s
The RED LED light should be flashing
To turn on the WiFi, press and hold the button at the end of the camera for about 2-3 seconds.​
Screenshot_2018-01-04-12-07-43.jpg
3. Sound
To change the opening and closing sound from ‘High Grain Media’ and ‘System Going down’ to Bleep sounds, download this file from here
(filename: sound.bin) and place it on the SD card. Place the SD card back into the camera wait and you’re ready to go.
NB. The voice prompts ‘SD Card Detected’ and ‘Recording Start’ is not changed and remains.
To turn on/off ALL sounds, use the ‘Equipment Beep’ slider within the Android control panel.

Screenshot_2018-01-04-12-08-13a.jpg

Download Files quick links:
Android device update
WiFi On
WiFi Off
Sound

NB: This post may be amended/edited to correct any errors/omissions

Last edited:
Changed the config, put it in the root of the memory card, there are no changes to the video, there is no config on the card...
Seems like the file should be named cfg.bin or cfg.txt and most likely its loading is disabled in fw.

Reactions: Mtz
OK. Installed the default wifi off, and img file. Wifi turns on/off with the button, and image rotates. (Edited)

I'll check to see if there are any audio improvements later.

Last edited:
I would like the "SD Card Detected" And "Recording start" messages silenced, but keep the "Please Insert SD Card" so that I know when I forget to replace the card...

Camera firmware improvements:
Auto-rotate image upon rotation of the lens: – Ie. If the camera is pointing forwards through the front of the vehicle and you wish to rotate the lens towards the inside of the vehicle, the video image will automatically rotate to accommodate the new orientation.

@estore009 mentioned this "flip" would not be available until end of January AND involves adding an "auto flip sensor", here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/have-a119-but-which-next-yi-b1w-a119.32339/page-3#post-382790

Is it confirmed this firmware only update with cause the image to flip when the lens is rotated 180?
@dash riposki says his has, so I assume this update will flip the image on ALL B1Ws ever sold?

@Mark S-H - in your post #110 on this thread, with Beta firmware update, you gave the warning:
"PLEASE NOTE:
This Beta firmware is not official release and is for testing purposes only.
Please use at your own risk or contact your camera seller for help."

@estore009 then added in post #113: "Some users were involved in test works for me,thanks for all !But this Beta newer software need to be refined,so,please do not spread its beta firmware now!Thanks for understanding!" (in response to @TonyM asking for an official download site).

Could Mark S-H or estore009 please advise if the most recent firmware update in post #148 is official, and also for my understanding, why it is that Mark S-H is posting updates here rather than estore009 directing us to their own update site? Is Mark S-H an agent for blueskysea?

Many thanks, I'm just a little confused by who does what, and who says what is official!

@estore009 mentioned this "flip" would not be available until end of January AND involves adding an "auto flip sensor", here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/have-a119-but-which-next-yi-b1w-a119.32339/page-3#post-382790

Is it confirmed this firmware only update with cause the image to flip when the lens is rotated 180?
@dash riposki says his has, so I assume this update will flip the image on ALL B1Ws ever sold?

@Mark S-H - in your post #110 on this thread, with Beta firmware update, you gave the warning:
"PLEASE NOTE:
This Beta firmware is not official release and is for testing purposes only.
Please use at your own risk or contact your camera seller for help."

@estore009 then added in post #113: "Some users were involved in test works for me,thanks for all !But this Beta newer software need to be refined,so,please do not spread its beta firmware now!Thanks for understanding!" (in response to @TonyM asking for an official download site).

Could Mark S-H or estore009 please advise if the most recent firmware update in post #148 is official, and also for my understanding, why it is that Mark S-H is posting updates here rather than estore009 directing us to their own update site? Is Mark S-H an agent for blueskysea?

Many thanks, I'm just a little confused by who does what, and who says what is official!

Hello DavidUK,
I am doing what Vicky at estore009 has asked me to do.
I asked Vicky at estore009 if she wanted me to post the Beta firmware in post #110, she told me to leave it but they asked me to mention that it was Beta version and to use it at persons own risk as it is a Beta version - which is quite understandable.
As far as I am aware the firmware update in post #148 is the latest official release dated 3rd January 2018 - I have not received anything to the contrary to say that it is not official.
I am not an agent for BlueSkySea, but Vicky at estore009 has asked me to help her by testing the firmware and write up instructions for people to update their cameras.
Hopefully here will be area within this forum that will be solely dedicated to firmware updates..and not just for the B1W but other dashcams.

Hello DavidUK,
I am doing what Vicky at estore009 has asked me to do.
Have you been asked to post this latest firmware?

If it was for public release then I would have expected estore to post it here instead of sending it to the people doing the testing! Presumably it was supposed to be tested before release, not released before being tested...

Quick question, is there an update on the issue with having WiFi always turned off, even after the car is turned off and on? As of right now, whenever I do manually turn the WiFi off, once I turn my car off, and turn it back on again, the WiFi is automatically on.

There is also an issue with the app where my Nexus and Pixel devices for some reason cannot connect to the B1W app (even when connected to WiFi). The only solution to this is to turn off my mobile connection (LTE). Not sure if this can possibly be resolved as well in an update? I am running Android 8.0 on these devices as a reference.

Try configuring the WiFi network with a dummy IP address (and a 255 subnet mask) and leave the configuration on manual instead of automatic. This should allow the WiFi network to remain functioning and discoverable while simultaneously allowing your LTE network to have priority. I used to do this with an Airport Express in my car for streaming WiFi audio to my DAC/AMP (bluetooth audio sounds like crap to me) and it worked flawlessly. So I know it works with iDevices, but can’t personally speak for Androids.

Have you been asked to post this latest firmware?

If it was for public release then I would have expected estore to post it here instead of sending it to the people doing the testing! Presumably it was supposed to be tested before release, not released before being tested...
Hello Nigel,
To be honest with you, No, I was not asked to post this firmware release in this forum. But I would presume this firmware release was written in the second half of December 2017, primarily tested by some of the BlueSkySea technicians and then sent to me to test and write the instructions of how to load it into the camera.
After all, the majority of software/firmware is released to consumers to test and the developers can read the pros and cons of the firmware can be later updated and released....much the same with big developers and software writers Eg. Microsoft. This is the basic ways the developers and software learn from consumer testing.

I too received this latest FW by PM from estore009.

I've been out driving today and hope to be able to comment later on any image quality updates, plus the auto rotate feature.

I screwed up!
I may have been seeing things. I did a quick check to see it the 'flip' workd after the update, and thought it did.

I just checked it again and it won't do it.

I screwed up!
I may have been seeing things. I did a quick check to see it the 'flip' workd after the update, and thought it did.
I just checked it again and it won't do it.
It worked fine for me using the default WiFi on and the default WiFi off firmware.
I did not use the power supply inside my vehicle rather a separate power supply in my house.
I held the camera so that the image on my Android showed the image the correct way up then turned the camera and watched the image on my Android device. The image rotated as it should and was not inverted.
But I must admit, I did not check the video file on the SD card...I can do this tomorrow.

Yes......I am pretty sure it worked one time for me. I had the camera displaying via the app on my phone, removed the cam from the mount, and flipped it. I have not had drink in a long time. :)

Hi all - re Remote view access

Have read the thread with interest and am close to buying one or two of these, but have one quick question.....

If you are road side, away from WiFi, can you view the recording on your phone by tethering the dash cam to your phone, or can you only do so when you have access to WiFi?

Cheers

Hi all - re Remote view access

Have read the thread with interest and am close to buying one or two of these, but have one quick question.....

If you are road side, away from WiFi, can you view the recording on your phone by tethering the dash cam to your phone, or can you only do so when you have access to WiFi?

Cheers
The app works by direct WiFi connection between the phone and the camera, so you can connect wherever you are. You can even keep a live view running on your phone while you drive, although that's not legal in the UK...

Back