Buffered Parking mode

Ahh gotcha. Then i guess the only option to increase length is reduce the voltage from 12.4 to 12.2.
To minimise power consumption and heat generation, make sure that wifi is turned off and the screen saver is enabled.

To minimise power consumption and heat generation, make sure that wifi is turned off and the screen saver is enabled.

Yea, wifi is always off. Its never been reliable so i never use it anyway. I have screen saver on too

When I tested the first non-public buffered parking beta (V1.6?), the g-sensor could be activated in parking mode, just as it could in V1.5. However the FW logic was not complete at that stage, so files were not saved in the RO folder.

The next FW version followed a change of the SDK. I don't think the parking mode sensitivity has worked as intended since then.
I was incorrect in my earlier statement - sorry if that affects some people's expectations of what the g-sensor in the A129 can detect.

When I first tested V1.6B, I reported to Viofo that I had activated the g-sensor by closing my car door hard. However in testing of V1.6B again today I could not replicate that, although it is a different A129 unit so that might make a difference.

Of course, I later found out that many posters to this thread just don't post any bad things about Viofo for whatever reason. - - Many users here are reluctant to bring-up any "bad issues" about Viofo, and some have even gone so far as to make-up excuses and speculate why Viofo just can't adjust the g-sensor in parking mode on the A129

In another industry that I participate in as it was blooming and more and more reviewers were posting their reviews of different hardware, it soon became obvious many would generally only speak of the positive aspects and trivialize or ignored any negative aspects of the hardware they were reviewing. It's my opinion they did so that they would stay in favorable relationship with the manufacturer, retailer's or whoever they received their devices from to review. There were some reviewers that went the other direction and objectively measured device performance through means of different jigs and measurement devices as well as thorough testing and verification of advertised features, practically removing subjective content from their reviews. They made it more difficult for poorly developed / designed or flawed devices with over exaggerated features to get through. And I think in part forced the manufactures to aggressively improve each new product they made.

I've only been using dash cams and learning about them for a short time now but from what I can tell there is a lacking of the latter in the dash cam community. Most everything I've seen reviewed or read is side by side video comparison or quick overview of menu or manual. But no real objective testing or verification of features, for example what force it takes to trigger the G sensor on a given device. I would think someone with enough ingenuity and knowledge of dash cams could make a jig to measure those forces objectively. I think there's a need for such reviewers in the dash cam market. For all you reviewers wanting to grow your channel here's your chance. :) Or if I've overlooked such please send me the links.

Thanks for the info Tony. - - I'm just curious, why don't they give everyone who wants one a test/beta firmware? Presumably what they gave you to test at least makes the g-sensor work in parking mode....??? That's a whole lot better than what us A129 customers have right now...

As everyone knows, g-sensor in buffered parking mode does not work. I'd be more than willing to try out a better version of 1.9; at least that "might mean" my A129 would works properly which would be a good thing!

Joe-

I'll try to give you a little help. I'm not sure if any of it will actually help you though...

I experienced the random beeps while driving as well. What was happening in my case is that the normal video loops (3, 5 or 10 minutes) were being truncated. Some people speculated that it could be the SD card...??? I concluded that there are probably many other users experiencing the exact same problem I was experiencing; your situation sounds exactly like mine! - - In order to verify if this is causing your beeping issue, take a look at the length of your video clips. If you see some shorter than the others, that's the issue.

I assume you have used the pin hole reset button on your cam....that's always good to do when your camera is acting strange; after that you would need to do another clean format of your sd card.

I hope this helps you a little... Btw, if you wrote "customer support" at @viofo, they should be able to offer you some assistance. It's just that you might have to wait 4-5 days to get a reply from them! - - Good luck!

Hi,

The dashcam started doing this on the way home, 3 times it did a single beep. No message on the screen.
I checked the footage and there were 3 sets of clips which had shorter footage.
Even more worrying is that 20-30secs of footage was missing each time this happened.

I am using the offical 64GB Viofo card they recommend (got it in an amazon deal with the dashcam)

It was only about 10 days ago that I did a full check of the card (using h2testw) then a reset of the dashcam and format of the card.

Obviously if I missing footage this is no good.

I really want to get this dashcam working but it's proving difficult as there are about 4 issues currently for me.

Hi,

The dashcam started doing this on the way home, 3 times it did a single beep. No message on the screen.
Even more worrying is that 20-30secs of footage was missing each time this happened.

I am using the offical 64GB Viofo card they recommend (got it in an amazon deal with the dashcam)

It was only about 10 days ago that I did a full check of the card (using h2testw) then a reset of the dashcam and format of the card.

I really want to get this dashcam working but it's proving difficult as there are about 4 issues currently for me.

Joe-

Quite a while back I wrote about this problem. Some guys here told me they thought maybe it was my sd card. I had it tested with software provided by Viofo and my SD card seemed to test out fine. At the time, I mentioned that I believe this problem is possibly more widespread than reported, and that many others probably were experiencing the same problem. - - After that, I heard nothing on this subject, until you recently brought it up.

There's no question, when it happens the video files get shortened; Is anyone else getting random single beeps while driving? If so, check your video files to see if you have files at the times of the beeps that are shorter than all the rest of your files. - - Who knows, this topic may deserve it's own thread because things like this get buried in a "Buffered Parking Thread". And yes, it might need to be added to Viofo's fix-it list for the A129.

Hi,

From an orderly queue!!
I just wonder if the A 129 Pro is the answer to all our prayers sorry problems! In Bufferd Parking Mode etc

@joe384 @StrayCam I think this subject deserves a separate thread of its own, if one does not already exist.

A quick thought is that a single beep could indicate connection / disconnection of the rear camera, which causes the camera start a new file. This could be a sign of a loose connection or a damaged cable.

@joe384 @StrayCam I think this subject deserves a separate thread of its own, if one does not already exist.

A quick thought is that a single beep could indicate connection / disconnection of the rear camera, which causes the camera start a new file. This could be a sign of a loose connection or a damaged cable.

Well, the cable is brand new, so I wouldn't suspect a damaged cable... unless Viofo sells damaged cables. - - I'll check my front and rear camera connections to make sure they look solid. Once again, I wonder how many people have experienced the single beeps while driving.... Just me and Joe???

From an orderly queue!!
I just wonder if the A 129 Pro is the answer to all our prayers sorry problems! In Bufferd Parking Mode etc

Don't try to bump us out Sdeel7491! We were in line before you on this one...lol

No one knows for sure, but I personally wouldn't bet on the new A129 Pro 4k solving our problems... "Supposedly" it's coming out in one or two months...probably just in time for Holiday Sales....what a coincidence!

If you listen to Viofo, it will be "problem-free"... Someone I've talked with who does a lot with dashcams and knows Viofo probably as well as anyone says, "Don't count on it." - - Undoubtedly there will be issues with the A129 Pro 4k. - - In Viofo's case, it's because they release products and firmware before they are really ready for market.... The A129 is an excellent example. they released Firmware 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 all with the same g-sensor sensitivity problem in parking mode!

Once Viofo's new product hits the market, viofo's cash registers ring up for a while which is great for Viofo! And then those "new customers" will start to complain and need to get to the back of the queue behind you and me!!! That is unless you want to give them cuts! :rolleyes:

ps: I just added a new thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a129-are-you-getting-single-beeps-while-driving.40409/

normally indicative of a card problem

From an orderly queue!!

Don't try to bump us out Sdeel7491! We were in line before you on this one...lol

No one knows for sure, but I personally wouldn't bet on the new A129 Pro 4k solving our problems... "Supposedly" it's coming out in one or two months...probably just in time for Holiday Sales....what a coincidence!

If you listen to Viofo, it will be "problem-free"... Someone I've talked with who does a lot with dashcams and knows Viofo probably as well as anyone says, "Don't count on it." - - Undoubtedly there will be issues with the A129 Pro 4k. - - In Viofo's case, it's because they release products and firmware before they are really ready for market.... The A129 is an excellent example. they released Firmware 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 all with the same g-sensor sensitivity problem in parking mode!

Once Viofo's new product hits the market, viofo's cash registers ring up for a while which is great for Viofo! And then those "new customers" will start to complain and need to get to the back of the queue behind you and me!!! That is unless you want to give them cuts! :rolleyes:

ps: I just added a new thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a129-are-you-getting-single-beeps-while-driving.40409/

I have an A129 Pro that I'm testing. I tried parking mode with the Viofo hardwire kit - I tested parking mode on the bench (outside the car) and both G-Sensor and motion detection seemed to work. I can't do tests in the car right now, as their is a bug in the current firmware that turns the camera back on when you turn off the car with parking mode off. Will report back when that bug is fixed with some real world tests.

I have an A129 Pro that I'm testing. I tried parking mode with the Viofo hardwire kit - I tested parking mode on the bench (outside the car) and both G-Sensor and motion detection seemed to work. I can't do tests in the car right now, as their is a bug in the current firmware that turns the camera back on when you turn off the car with parking mode off. Will report back when that bug is fixed with some real world tests.

Yooshaw-

Just curious, how are you able to test the A129 Pro g-sensor in parking mode on your bench???? - How do you do the impact test?

Yooshaw-

Just curious, how are you able to test the A129 Pro g-sensor in parking mode on your bench???? - How do you do the impact test?

Nothing technical, just a tap on the unit as it sat on my desk. Want to test it in the vehicle.

Nothing technical, just a tap on the unit as it sat on my desk. Want to test it in the vehicle.

Well, I can tap my A129 a few times when it's mounted and have it go off too! But without tapping it 2 - 4 times firmly, it doesn't go off....

Well, I can tap my A129 a few times when it's mounted and have it go off too! But without tapping it 2 - 4 times firmly, it doesn't go off....

Too me, to test the G sensor, you'll need to try tapping (or shaking) the car at different intensities to see what sets it off. Then determine if that is sensitive enough to you or not. In my opinion, too many variables to count on it to record, even when you think it should record after an incident.

I have a shock sensor installed on my car (aftermarket) - when it senses a shock it flashes the hazards and turns on the headlights. Some days its super sensitive - other days not so much.

Personally I would like to test G sensor sensitivities of various cameras in some neutral instances. What I have in mind: 3-4 dashcam models properly wired (replicating exactly the 3 wire kits if necessary), all aligned on a shelf/ table. Then you apply the shock/ force on them somehow in a similar way and check the results.
Probably you can do it with 3 cars equipped with cameras, you just have to park them closely, remove the cameras from the mount but maintain the cables wiring in the camera (hopefully with some long wires).
Of course finally the sensor should work properly on our cars, but to be as objective as I can I would test cameras outside the car, aligned on a shelf :)

I can have the G-sensor go off while in parking mode and the yellow exclamation point triangle appears. Will that triangle ever go away until you start the car? I have parking mode set to auto event detection with FW v1.9, parking g-sensor set to high, and parking motion detection set to medium. I was expecting that with buffered parking mode, the recorded video in the cache will be saved in the memory card 15 seconds before the even and 30 seconds after. So while testing parking g-sensor, I was expecting it to go away after 30 seconds. Am I missing something?

I can have the G-sensor go off while in parking mode and the yellow exclamation point triangle appears. Will that triangle ever go away until you start the car? I have parking mode set to auto event detection with FW v1.9, parking g-sensor set to high, and parking motion detection set to medium. I was expecting that with buffered parking mode, the recorded video in the cache will be saved in the memory card 15 seconds before the even and 30 seconds after. So while testing parking g-sensor, I was expecting it to go away after 30 seconds. Am I missing something?

The yellow triangle should go away immediately after the locked video clip has finished recording... ie, 45 seconds.

How did you get your g-sensor to trigger?

Back