Buffered Parking mode

Don't think that was directed to you, as he quoted StrayCam

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well now we know that Old64 is StrayCam's son, probably why they "like" each other's posts so much!
Since you brought GoPro into this discussion you must be able to tell us if it takes them and inordinate amount of time to fix their camera's.
I guess you don't read the gopro forums :D

Well now we know that Old64 is StrayCam's son, probably why they "like" each other's posts so much!

I guess you don't read the gopro forums :D

Nigel-

At times I think you have a bit of wisdom like Jokiin and TonyM, but at other times you sound as dumb as ever! - - The only valid comparison with GoPro and Viofo is both of their "customer service departments" suck!!!

I was told by the head representative of Viofo that this problem with our A129 Duo would be solved within a month over a month ago. And now what is Viofo's official position via Bill Zhou? - - Here it is: "We have no idea when the problem will be corrected with the A129 Duo!"

People have complained big time about GoPro's customer service and people are also complaining big time about Viofo's customer service!!! - - I think it's just about the right time that we start and devote a new thread dealing with @viofo's "customer service"... This can only help prospective dashcam purchasers make wise decisions!
'

Comon people,we will not fix anything fighting on a forum all day long.I'm glad they are not answering to 30 posts/day on this forum,that means they are busy working as it should be,and answering to so many posts is loosing precious time,and could degenerate even worse with more fights here.I have a problem too,but I patiently wait for the fix,it will come for sure,this is not a life or death matter,enjoy the real life..

Comon people,we will not fix anything fighting on a forum all day long.I'm glad they are not answering to 30 posts/day on this forum,that means they are busy working as it should be,and answering to so many posts is loosing precious time,and could degenerate even worse with more fights here.I have a problem too,but I patiently wait for the fix,it will come for sure,this is not a life or death matter,enjoy the real life..

Believe me, if customers who are not satisfied with Viofo's response time, either here or at their "customer service" department, remained quiet, this problem would continue through Christmas! - - There's no reason why this problem wasn't already addressed and fixed...NONE! - - Right now, Viofo is much more interested in wooing new customers with new products than pleasing existing customers. - This will prove to be a big mistake for @viofo!

I would much prefer that Viofo honors their promises on getting the A129 Duo fixed! - Unfortunately that timeline has come and passed. Incidentally I did not post once during that time period, giving Viofo the space that they needed and deserved. - But now I'm told that Viofo engineers are focusing on the new A129 Pro...so the wait continues.

For those who have something to say, good or bad, say it here; that's what this forum is for. - - If it's too much for you to endure, simply move on...

Believe me, if customers who are not satisfied with Viofo's response time, either here or at their "customer service" department, remained quiet, this problem would continue through Christmas! - - There's no reason why this problem wasn't already addressed and fixed...NONE! - - Right now, Viofo is much more interested in wooing new customers with new products than pleasing existing customers. - This will prove to be a big mistake for @viofo!

I would much prefer that Viofo honors their promises on getting the A129 Duo fixed! - Unfortunately that timeline has come and passed. Incidentally I did not post once during that time period, giving Viofo the space that they needed and deserved. - But now I'm told that Viofo engineers are focusing on the new A129 Pro...so the wait continues.

For those who have something to say, good or bad, say it here; that's what this forum is for. - - If it's too much for you to endure, simply move on...
So what does this have to do with parking mode?
Start you own bitching thread and leave this for what the title says.

So what does this have to do with parking mode?
Start you own bitching thread and leave this for what the title says.

NomadTech-

I have no clue who you are...of course that's not important at all! I've posted about Buffered parking mode on this thread probably more than anyone. Jokiin and TonyM are other strong contributors. Exactly what do you have to add to this discussion, anything? If so, add it; if not, take a hike!

G-sensor activation does NOT work in "buffered parking mode". - - I was told the problem was going to be corrected over the course of a month. It never happened and Viofo has placed their priority on other things. Read a few pages of posts here and get up to speed with the conversation. I'm more than willing to continue it with you or anyone else who's interested.

I'm more than willing to continue it with you or anyone else who's interested.
Not interested in a pissing contest. I did read all previous page and I agree with what you said. But lately you've been talking about customer service, promises, etc.
This thread is about Buffered Parking Mode. Let's keep it for that.

Okay, I don't care to get into any contests with you or anyone else. - - Some people have recently made posts here on this thread to the effect that we should just be quiet consumers of Viofo and not express any discontentment on this thread; have lots of patience and merely wait for Viofo to deliver.

Obviously getting good "customer service" is related to the problem we A129 Duo users have faced. They are not unrelated. - - However, I somewhat agree with you. At some point it might be good to start a "separate thread dealing with Viofo customer service issues" rather than letting them get buried here in a "buffered parking" thread.

There's no reason why this problem wasn't already addressed and fixed...NONE!
clearly there is a technical issue, I don't know the schedule but from their comments I suspect they're waiting on Novatek to add something to the SDK, when that happens you can't really give any timeframe as it has to wait until they get their bit done

clearly there is a technical issue, I don't know the schedule but from their comments I suspect they're waiting on Novatek to add something to the SDK, when that happens you can't really give any timeframe as it has to wait until they get their bit done

Jokiin-

Once again, thanks for your input! - You seem to be speculating on why Viofo has had such a delay. Of course, you really don't know for sure.

And as my "son" Old64 said, it's odd that Viofo doesn't/hasn't come here to give us their "official explanation". In the absence of that, there sure has been tons of speculation. And it's not like they aren't active on this forum because they are. In the last few days they've been active in the Motorcycle Cam thread and the 4k Pro thread. - - As has been the case since early July, Viofo sometimes makes a very brief appearance and then disappears for a month or so. Seems a bit odd to me.

Jokiin-

Once again, thanks for your input! - You seem to be speculating on why Viofo has had such a delay. Of course, you really don't know for sure.
likewise you are speculating on why they haven't done it, saying there is no reason why it hasn't been done is not a sensible argument when you don't know how it is done, rather than relying on emotions though and applying some logic there's not too many reasons why it hasn't been sorted, I have been doing this long enough to understand the technical issues, it doesn't affect me one way or the other, from everything I've seen the issues are technical in nature

I appreciate that things may seem odd to you, Chinese companies don't operate like Western companies though, don't read too much into it

Sometime In another thread I'll get into what Chinese companies often do in order to accomodate customers in the U.S. and elsewhere. Viofo certainly does not engage in those practices.

I don't really need to know and understand any technical stuff at all. When I bring my car to my mechanic and he tells me it will be ready in a prescribed period of time, I believe him. And guess what? He honors his commitment to me and to his other customers.

All I know as a regular-non-techy consumer of the A129 Duo is that Viofo released "non-beta firmware" that was plagued with problems (v. 1.8 and 1.9). That should NEVER have happened. - - I also was told that the continuing problem of the A129 Duo working with it's g-sensor in parking mode would be solved within a month. That month came and went, and now I've been told that Viofo has no idea at all when the problem will be solved. - - I have been told by the head spokesperson for Viofo that they have been focused on the A129 Pro (4k)... Well, isn't that nice...

If my mechanic did such things as Viofo, he'd go out of business quickly... How will these practices impact Viofo? Time will tell...

Sometime In another thread I'll get into what Chinese companies often do in order to accomodate customers in the U.S. and elsewhere. Viofo certainly does not engage in those practices.

I don't really need to know and understand any technical stuff at all. When I bring my car to my mechanic and he tells me it will be ready in a prescribed period of time, I believe him. And guess what? He honors his commitment to me and to his other customers.

All I know as a regular-non-techy consumer of the A129 Duo is that Viofo released "non-beta firmware" that was plagued with problems (v. 1.8 and 1.9). That should NEVER have happened. - - I also was told that the continuing problem of the A129 Duo working with it's g-sensor in parking mode would be solved within a month. That month came and went, and now I've been told that Viofo has no idea at all when the problem will be solved. - - I have been told by the head spokesperson for Viofo that they have been focused on the A129 Pro (4k)... Well, isn't that nice...

If my mechanic did such things as Viofo, he'd go out of business quickly... How will these practices impact Viofo? Time will tell...

I think that’s a little different. A local service vs a product sold globally. I also understand your frustration; I’ve had products (not dash cams) where I was left waiting. For some, I found acceptable workarounds; others, I returned and got some other brand.

With any product, you’ll never get 100% user satisfaction because of the diversity of users. For example, let’s say a OBDII reader and there’s some live data reading that you use and there’s a bug with it. Chances are that only a small group of consumers will care about that.

I think a relatively small subset of dash cam users actually use parking mode. I have issues with the buffered parking mode, so I’m using low bitrate parking mode as an alternative while I wait. I also hope they will come out with a fix soon.

I think you’re blowing this poor customer service will lead to their destruction out of proportion.

My take: If you don't like the beta version that is being shared on this forum, and have zero patience, consider going back to the stable/stock 1.5 and come back in a month or two when the brand new features are more stable. Then you can put 2.x in and enjoy it. At that point, new units will ship with the 2.x stable code.

I'll be brutally frank: This discussion has been hijacked and all of the obsessive demands and whining are very distracting from a productive exchange. Is there a moderator watching, to clean this up and purge the nonsense? Thank you in advance.
*ducking*

My take: If you don't like the beta version that is being shared on this forum, and have zero patience, consider going back to the stable/stock 1.5 and come back in a month or two when the brand new features are more stable. Then you can put 2.x in and enjoy it. At that point, new units will ship with the 2.x stable code.

I'll be brutally frank: This discussion has been hijacked and all of the obsessive demands and whining are very distracting from a productive exchange. Is there a moderator watching, to clean this up and purge the nonsense? Thank you in advance.
*ducking*

First of all, I've never seen anybody sharing a beta version on this thread, that is if you're referring to the newest beta version. I do recall someone saying that not everyone can or should be entitled to have that version. Really?

Secondly, a lot of people would like people just to be quiet and wait 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 6 months until Viofo gets around to fixing the problem. Well, I'm afraid that will not happen. Viifo needs to prioritize both sets of customers not just those who are going to be purchasing their new products.

Had Viofo not told me that they would be repairing this problem within a month, I would not have expected it to be fixed within a month. Although at the time, a month seemed reasonable. As I said before, I did not post once to this form during that period of time. And you will notice that almost one posted to this thread during that time.

And I just love the people who think they should be able to dictate who can or should be posting here.. too funny!!!

So does the g-sensor work in other parking modes, or is it only broken when using buffered parking mode?

Was the g-sensor broke in version 1.5 while parked?

So does the g-sensor work in other parking modes, or is it only broken when using buffered parking mode?

Was the g-sensor broke in version 1.5 while parked?

To my knowledge, only auto event detection uses the g sensor. Time lapse and low bitrate don’t use g sensor

I’d also like to know if g sensor was working properly for unbuffered auto event detection parking mode in v1.5 too

Disclaimer: I bought the A129 duo when v1.8 was the latest version

To my knowledge, only auto event detection uses the g sensor. Time lapse and low bitrate don’t use g sensor
Maybe we need an instruction manual!
My view:
  • In auto event detection parking mode, recording is triggered by visual motion detection, not the g-sensor.
  • Low bitrate parking mode records continuously, and a g-sensor event will lock the current file.
  • I've never tested the g-sensor in time-lapse mode, but I would expect the g-sensor to lock the current file like in low bitrate mode.
If the g-sensor triggers in auto event detection parking mode then there may be a current file to lock, or there may not be, depending on if the motion detection has started recording a file or not, and even if there isn't then the current time may be taken out of the buffer in 10 seconds time meaning that there will be a file to lock but it doesn't exist yet. Clearly this situation is not as simple as the low bitrate mode where it can just lock the current file, and the previous file if we are near the beginning of the current file, and the next file if we are near the end of the current file. It is not surprising that the first attempt at implementing this didn't go perfectly, or that the issue is difficult to diagnose - is it really a sensitivity issue, or is it that sometimes it doesn't have a file to lock? Even on the second attempt I wouldn't be surprised if people have difficulty understanding what is happening.

Last edited:
Parking modes were introduced in V1.5 in September 2018. TBH I can't remember what options we had prior to that.

When I tested the first non-public buffered parking beta (V1.6?), the g-sensor could be activated in parking mode, just as it could in V1.5. However the FW logic was not complete at that stage, so files were not saved in the RO folder.

The next FW version followed a change of the SDK. I don't think the parking mode sensitivity has worked as intended since then.

The next FW version followed a change of the SDK. I don't think the parking mode sensitivity has worked as intended since then.
a lot of things that are in the previous SDK do not port directly to the new SDK, we had to redo a lot of stuff in ours for the new SDK also

Back