COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Italy :( 919 dead in 24 hours,,,,,,,,, o_O
For the last few days, Italy new cases and deaths have been more or less flat, so this must have been a spike from when they emptied out one of those care homes!
In Spain the last 24 hours cost over 500 deaths, and soldiers sent to disinfect nursing homes found abandoned living and dead people there ( i guess someone will pay for that,,,, and so they should )

Seem much alike to me, even if you look around the 10 K range, but yeah everything are bigger in the US.
I pray to the all seeing eye, that this will not also be the case with death toll.
If you change the scales between graphs then it will always look the same for the total, the total never drops back down!

This is a few days old, the USA is now off the top!

960x0.jpg

Playing with bracketed photography, i think i will have to dust off the Nikon one of these days instead of playing with a tiny action camera.

Regular photo ( all on auto )
735001e38707788c5c8d84b7f03143ff9f3d2a73.jpg

5 different photos ( EV -2 / -1 / 0 / +1 / +2 ) merged together.
99b544fec1c13dca26b5a231151fe40dff7eaa97.jpg

If you change the scales between graphs then it will always look the same for the total, the total never drops back down!

This is a few days old, the USA is now off the top!

960x0.jpg

Nigel, you said what you said! Now you are trying to move the goalposts. You're a piece of work!

No need to argue or compete in where most people will die, or which nation do this or that and what is better to do.
It is what it is, and each nation will face this demon alone.

As a FYI the Danish serum institute have devised a new and faster way to test for the virus, it is much appreciated by people all over Europa and not least in Spain where it have been a god sent.

You are welcome,,,,, world.

Another interesting test, that you can do yourself at home, not for the virus, but for if you are immune to it, so that you know you are safe and also cant spread it to others. Pass the test and you can ignore the isolation rules and get back to work:

Last edited:
I keep seeing news about countries and companies developing new and quick test.
But I am rather skeptic, because I do not think these will be available soon and in quantity which is needed now.

Optimism is good, but illusion is not.

Last edited:
Nigel, you said what you said! Now you are trying to move the goalposts. You're a piece of work!
What I said was:
Most of the European countries have now levelled off on daily new cases,
So,
Italy:
1585342237700.png

Switzerland:
1585348779803.png

Denmark:
1585342298867.png

Germany in total is still rising, but the leading parts have leveled:
1585342484480.png

France is also still rising in total but Paris had a maximum 5 days ago and has been roughly flat since then.

What I said was:

"Most of the European countries have now levelled off on daily new cases"

Stop play games Nigel. That's NOT what you said.

What you said was,

"Now that we have avoided the NASA type graph of the USA, the only reason for the restrictions is so that the hospitals can cope, so you want to relax the restrictions to keep them full and thus get it over with as soon as possible."

And it appears you've deleted that post since I took issue with it earlier today, so that you can now try to claim otherwise.

After that you moved the goal posts and claimed reference to other than the "NASA" linear type graph you were originally referring to.

To review, here again are the charts you seem so uncomfortable to see compared in context with your above remark.

UK.jpg

usa.jpg

Nigel, I haven't the time right now but I have more to say about this and I will follow up tomorrow.

For now, I'll just say this. The fact that from the very beginning of this crisis you treat this story like a macabre competition of numbers of daily cases and death rates from country to country which you seek to gloat over is nothing short of disturbed behavior. It's shameful.

Last edited:
I haven't deleted anything, and it wasn't me that posted the "NASA" graph:

And since you are being so unpleasant, that is that last I'm saying on the subject, so there is no point in you following up!

I was turned away from the entrance to a big store this morning (Empty, at opening time) for not wearing a mask. I go to this store at opening because there are usually no customers, or less then ten, for the first 30 minutes.....and it is a sams club or costco type store. HUGE. I was just there last monday morning, no problem, but temp check at door, hand gel available. Don't think this is a government requirement, just some safety stuff implemented by the store management.

Not sure where i can find a mask if the stores won't let you in to buy a mask? :)

I haven't deleted anything, and it wasn't me that posted the "NASA" graph:

And since you are being so unpleasant, that is that last I'm saying on the subject, so there is no point in you following up!

If you haven't deleted anything it is rather curious that your original post that I quoted earlier today disappeared. Curious too that you ignore the crux of my remarks about your disturbing comparisons of infection and death rates, always with a pompous attitude of UK superiority. But at this point that is what is to be expected of you.

Obviously, you are anxious about what I intend to follow up about but it's hardly up to you to dictate what I decide to post here. I could care less about whether you have anything further to say since it will obviously be more of the same.

Not sure where i can find a mask if the stores won't let you in to buy a mask? :)

You can probably get away with a homemade mask or train robber bandana, better than nothing. I was at a Filipino grocery store today and everyone was wearing a surgical type mask, like near 100. It was eerie.

I was the only one with an N95. I stocked up in January :unsure: Only a few younger people didn't have anything, probably couldn't get their hands on one. I have no idea were people got theirs from. Maybe they're all nurses :ROFLMAO:

You can probably get away with a homemade mask
I spent the better part of today making a couple for the family. There's some good articles on the web about the best material to use that will approach the efficacy of surgical masks (but unfortunately not N95). Here's one: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/best-materials-make-diy-face-mask-virus/

Bottom line when factoring in both filtering ability and breathability it comes down to pillow cases and cotton t-shirts.

So "foxy" news anchor Trish Regan have been fired.
b17170e2-3dcb-4451-b973-c1dba1502ffb.jpg

Seem like a prudent move with all the BS she have been letting out, this might even prompt other news people to think before they speak ( though i doubt it )
Maybe she should be put under administration / supervision like Brittany Spears,,, ( for her own good )

Meanwhile in China, lunch break for workers in a Honda factory.

3d599c57-0f36-4652-9f7c-beb6affcb1e1.jpg

It will probably be a good idea to have breaks at work in smaller groups so people can keep distance for a while until this fizz our.
But like in the pic would not fly here that's for damn sure, Danish workers far too pampered to be without a table in the lunch room.

Last edited:
In Denmark we have saying about skeptics / defeatist attitude that go " painting the devil on the door / wall "

And i do hope that is true looking at a graph of infected people where we are now ( RED ) VS the prognosis for the decease here in the country.
The prognosis are based on N - Italian numbers, so hopefully it will not get that bad.

prognose.jpg

Another graph comparing some countries and number of deaths VS how long the countries are into their "run"
Denmark - Spain - Italy - Sweden - Norway - South Korea.
The Koreans seem to almost have flattened their curve, but they and Italy & Spain are week's ahead of the other countries on the chart.
Mortality rate in Spain are the fastest.

deadtime.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back