Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Mio said:
I wrote that the colors less saturated.
But they are more like real

Everyone chooses that he likes ;)

I will try custom white balance in day time tomorrow, see how it looks like. I think Normal is too saturated. :)

used -- AWBS=2 ;)

Mio said:
micahfy, I wrote that the colors less saturated.
But they are more like real

Everyone chooses that he likes ;)
I will test it again when I get home. :D

Current temperature is 93 degrees!! Is this normal or could I do something about this? The vehicle is parked for the last 18 hours and I have the Power Magic Pro installed.

q2o.png

SumitB said:
Current temperature is 93 degrees!! Is this normal or could I do something about this? The vehicle is parked for the last 18 hours and I have the Power Magic Pro installed.
I'm getting the same issue, considering install a fan on top of it. (something like the one in the picture)

20100723005337-144587927.jpg

micahfy said:
SumitB said:
I'm getting the same issue, considering install a fan on top of it. (something like the one in the picture)
heres thread on it viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1381

Last edited by a moderator:

yes I have read that one before, but I don't want break the camera. all I would like to do is attach the fan by adhesive.

in parking mode is no circulation of air as when driving
I was off dash cam and stood in the sun, I could not keep him, he is hot

micahfy said:
yes I have read that one before, but I don't want break the camera. all I would like to do is attach the fan by adhesive.

You could power it off the parking power wire from a Power Magic and it would shut down with the camera. Might run the battery down a bit quicker though

So i installed the 1.1.1 with the patch.. its working good for me, is it correct that i deleted the config.ini and rename the config custom.ini tot config.ini?

no, not right
Erase does not need anything

is it possible to output the input voltage in shell somehow with this firmware?

In config-custom.ini there is daytime and night brightness.

How does the cam know it is night? time? or ambient light falling into the sensor?

Tried custom AWB, AWBS=2 . Does look less saturated then Normal AWB
Not exactly the same lighting condition, but you got the idea.

Custom
CFc.jpg

Normal
NFc.jpg

hi mio, can you send me the custom firmware, and instructions on how to install it?

thank you!

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

jokiin said:
will be interested to know how you go with heat, I don't know if correct or not but there was a lot of speculation about Pittasoft lowering the bitrate to avoid heat related issues they had in earlier models, it may have helped with heat but quality has taken a hit as a result, the higher bitrate certainly helps with detail, I know in my own cam when I run it a 15mbps the picture is much more detailed

We decrease bitrate to record more video on the SD card. Higher bitrate doesn't cause overheating.

Mio,
could you please send me the lastest updated firmware for dr500gw? I sent you a private message on 23/6 with my e-mail address. Thank you very much. :D

Lawrence.

BlackVue said:
We decrease bitrate to record more video on the SD card. Higher bitrate doesn't cause overheating.

Are you actually a representative from Pitasoft?

If so, what do you have to say about the improvements made by the custom firmware?

gd_low, I do not have your PM

jsan said:
BlackVue said:

Are you actually a representative from Pitasoft?

If so, what do you have to say about the improvements made by the custom firmware?
looks like it could be, unless its a try hard wannabe.
maybe he has come here to get a decent firmware for the dr500gw and claim it as theirs and fill us with excuses why theirs doesn't meet the new standard.

Back