Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Now time is correct. (Even without gps.)

I put my ac apdater on 12v cable so I can test it at home. I dont want to go 3000 times to my car and back. :D

Does anyone has the same problem? I have GPS but the software shows me no information about it.
The gps signal logo is red but the km/h is showed (so gps must be good).

5007b42d8ffpng.png

dashuser
config.ini - standart volume
custom-config.ini - servise volume (sound on startup, etc.)
servise volume - only works if you put in the root of the fleshcard file _SAVECFG_
and saves the configuration files, and time zone
when loading blank flashcards you download all your settings

Last edited by a moderator:

Mio said:
cisf0rcalvin, No, he does not remember a time when you turn off
problem battery
In some no contact
in some low voltage and the other
0_ae93f_451d9edd_XXXL.jpg

Here's the battery I was referring to. Its a small rechargeable battery. I found it on google and its usually for seiko watches. MS621-FE.

Opening the camera, I used Mio's video from another thread (Can't seem to locate right now). Basically you pop off the Wifi Indicator panel and unscrew a small screw under it. Then you take a screw driver to press the tab to pop off the other side (where the power goes). Slide a credit card between the slits now and it should open up. Just watch out for the speaker cord (its very thin).

Does someone know why the camera is getting so warm/hot? Is it the cpu? Or maybe the voltage converter from 12-24v to Xv?

My old camera (rollei 110) was also a bit warm but a much less then the 500 does.

i copied the PST8PDT file to the citytime folder, and deleted the Moscow file that was in there. reset gps, and then rebooted. now it says 1969 as the date, and the time is 10 minutes fast. im located in california, usa. am i using the right file?

dashuser said:
Does someone know why the camera is getting so warm/hot? Is it the cpu? Or maybe the voltage converter from 12-24v to Xv?

My old camera (rollei 110) was also a bit warm but a much less then the 500 does.

The camera runs on 12 volt and does get warm but not so hot you cant touch it. Generally anything over about 60C feels too hot to touch but in the scheme of things isnt that hot really.

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

jsan said:
BlackVue said:
We decrease bitrate to record more video on the SD card. Higher bitrate doesn't cause overheating.

Are you actually a representative from Pitasoft?

If so, what do you have to say about the improvements made by the custom firmware?

I am. Videos made with custom firmware on board indeed look great! Just got the installer from Mio. Will send it to our engineers for examination.

BlackVue said:
jsan said:
BlackVue said:
We decrease bitrate to record more video on the SD card. Higher bitrate doesn't cause overheating.

If so, what do you have to say about the improvements made by the custom firmware?

I am. Videos made with custom firmware on board indeed look great! Just got the installer from Mio. Will send it to our engineers for examination.

that sounds great. let us know what they say.

BlackVue said:
jsan said:
BlackVue said:

sure hope you guys will be paying him a good amount for all his hard work you are going to learn from.

M-Element said:
Tried custom AWB, AWBS=2 . Does look less saturated then Normal AWB
Not exactly the same lighting condition, but you got the idea.

Custom AWBS=2
CFc.jpg

Normal
NFc.jpg

Custom AWBS=1
c2c.jpg

Tried Custom AWB, AWBS=1 today, i think this is the color looks more real to me. But i notice custom AWB looks more grainy then Normal AWB.

I sent a PM to Mio, and got the 1.1.1aE pointer, downloaded it, unpacked, changed a couple of things to my liking, dropped it onto a freshly blanked SD card, and popped it in the camera.

The camera booted, a fuzzy female voice with a British accent, announced that the firmware was updating and not to turn off power. A minute later, the unit chimed. About half a minute later, it announced that it was rebooting, then the normal voice announced normal recording mode, and GPS lock happened in under 30 seconds. The correct time appears on the recordings, and I have fixed the problem of the default to metric speed, which is of no value in the U.S.

The default setting I left at 15000, and the picture is so much better I can see thermal noise. Jaggy edges are gone, the light-to-dark transitions are smoother, and the unit, which I had dropped a week ago and has since gone into event mode when driving over paint stripes, now remains in normal mode on normal imperfect roads. This is from about 45 minutes of testing., I'll have a better handle on it after a day or two, but as of right now, this is just great!

The higher bit rate really chews on storage, I took a cue from others here and got a 64GB card, reformatted it to vfat (in Linux this is easy) and it is working well so far.

Now I just need to figure out how to get video out of it in a useful form. I can play it using mplayer, but I haven't found a way to stitch the minutes together so I can convert them to formats for other systems. Different problem, I'll look about for another section to raise the question in.

On the firmware, easy configuration, simple install, works a treat.

Thanks, Mio!

MikeVx said:
I sent a PM to Mio, and got the 1.1.1aE pointer, downloaded it, unpacked, changed a couple of things to my liking, dropped it onto a freshly blanked SD card, and popped it in the camera.

The camera booted, a fuzzy female voice with a British accent, announced that the firmware was updating and not to turn off power. A minute later, the unit chimed. About half a minute later, it announced that it was rebooting, then the normal voice announced normal recording mode, and GPS lock happened in under 30 seconds. The correct time appears on the recordings, and I have fixed the problem of the default to metric speed, which is of no value in the U.S.

The default setting I left at 15000, and the picture is so much better I can see thermal noise. Jaggy edges are gone, the light-to-dark transitions are smoother, and the unit, which I had dropped a week ago and has since gone into event mode when driving over paint stripes, now remains in normal mode on normal imperfect roads. This is from about 45 minutes of testing., I'll have a better handle on it after a day or two, but as of right now, this is just great!

The higher bit rate really chews on storage, I took a cue from others here and got a 64GB card, reformatted it to vfat (in Linux this is easy) and it is working well so far.

Now I just need to figure out how to get video out of it in a useful form. I can play it using mplayer, but I haven't found a way to stitch the minutes together so I can convert them to formats for other systems. Different problem, I'll look about for another section to raise the question in.

On the firmware, easy configuration, simple install, works a treat.

Thanks, Mio!

I use Wondershare Video Converter to stitch videos together.

I had over 130 short clips from my holiday and it made them into 1 movie ok

Hello, all !

Welcome all on behalf of team of the custom firmware developers. We at last made the translation of documentation from Russian into English. Here the link for downloading:

http://yadi.sk/d/AeqHY0Rf6CAOy

ave123 said:
Hello, all !

Welcome all on behalf of team of the custom firmware developers. We at last made the translation of documentation from Russian into English. Here the link for downloading:

http://yadi.sk/d/AeqHY0Rf6CAOy

Thanks alot to you ave123 and your team. :)

5) Fast boot mode (FAST). In this mode, it is not possible to perform
an update of the car DVR; all possible checks are disabled; Wi-Fi is
off; but the car DVR boots at the fastest speed.

To enable such the mode one needs to place to the root of a Micro-SD
card a file of any content, but having the following name:
_FAST_ (word FAST, surrounded with two underline symbols !).

5.1) As it is not possible to update a firmware in the FAST mode,
one must delete the _FAST_ file from the root of a Micro-SD in order
to be able to perform an update.

5.2) In the FAST mode the car DVR ALWAYS starts with default video
settings (e.g. stock settings by Pittasoft).

This does not work for me. I created a new text file "_FAST_.txt" and wrote in it "fastmode".
Then I renamed this file to "_FAST_" (without the .txt)
Then I put it in the root folder of the sd card.

But camera does still boot normal and also has wifi enabled.

Can anyone please help me?
How/where did you put your _SAVECFG_ ?

I don't get it. :(

fast6787833dpng.png

Back