Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

I'm not sure there is actually a problem with the latest codec pack, I always keep mine up to date and haven't had any issues with it

Hi,
Well, I can't say what/why/how either.

Perhaps it's down to my AZDOME dashcam? Dunno?

I had the same error with the videos taken during the week (which I stupidly deleted (before saving) with the format) & the old videos taken months ago.

I'll be sticking with the previous codec version.

Stay safe.

Regards, Mike..

Save for security issues, my advice (which I generally follow) is to not do updates if things are working to suit you now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Having said that, I do update my codec pack regularly because I beta-test cams, and with almost everyone regularly updating codecs I need to do what the cam buyers will likely do themselves.

Phil

probably worth always updating given that any new user will get prompted to install the codec pack as part of the install process, they'll always been shown the latest version when they go and do that
Good point, @jokiin. Fortunately, historically speaking, I've had very few issues that turned out to be a bug in K-Lite Codec Pack. The most common issue is that the user forgets to install it at all.

@traveler, how's support for the BlackVue DR900X series coming?

I started up version 3.6.6 last week, and much to my surprise, all the tools worked like they were supposed to! I thought you slipped it in without announcing anything.

Then upgraded to 3.6.7 and back to only the video working...

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.7 Released

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.7 has been released for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements:

New Features:
  • By request from users, you can now select the directory where video screenshots are exported when the JPG/PNG toolbar button is clicked. Previously, all images were saved to the Desktop.
  • Rebranded the “Standard” version to be the “Plus” version
  • Updated the URL linked to the Purchase button
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed front/rear pairing issue with Innovv K3

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.7 showing PiP view from INNOVV K3

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

@traveler, how's support for the BlackVue DR900X series coming?

I started up version 3.6.6 last week, and much to my surprise, all the tools worked like they were supposed to! I thought you slipped it in without announcing anything.

Then upgraded to 3.6.7 and back to only the video working...
@KANNINA 2.0 The DR900X has been on my ToDo list. It stores its GPS data in an ancillary file. I finally had time to work on it this week. Expect to see support for it in v3.6.8. I'm surprised it worked under v3.6.6!

yeah. pro site feel (y)

new website looks great!
yeah. pro site feel (y)

Thanks! I have to give credit to Free Logic Inc for the new look. I highly recommend them for small business website work.

Keen eyes will detect that I raised the price of the "Plus" version (formerly called the "Standard" version) from $25 to $35. This is the first price increase in 5 years and was necessary to offset rising business expenses and taxes. The good news is that I lowered the cost of the "PRO" upgrade from $50 to $40.

Thats a one time expense, so justifiable with what you get here.
Some times i am almost sorry i am just in it for the video, so rarely use dedicated players.

Hi John, I recently purchased a license for Dashcam Viewer for Windows. I just purchased a Mac Mini M1. I'm not going to be using a Windows PC anymore for any kind of video viewing or editing. Can I please download the Mac version? I'll be happy if my Windows version can be disabled.
I appreciate it!
Tom

That should work,. If it doesn't let us know and we'll tag the developer here so he can get it sorted out for you.

Phil

That should work,. If it doesn't let us know and we'll tag the developer here so he can get it sorted out for you.

Phil
Thanks Phil, Waiting for my new monitor to show up. I hope to have all hooked up and running by this Wednesday. I will try it then and report back. I appreciate the help!
Tom

Thanks Phil, Waiting for my new monitor to show up. I hope to have all hooked up and running by this Wednesday. I will try it then and report back. I appreciate the help!
Tom
@Tom899 Congratulations on the new M1 Mac Mini. I'm actually considering purchasing an M1 Mac later this year.

The registration codes for Mac and Windows versions of Dashcam Viewer are different. This is mentioned in the FAQ. I will PM you...

@Tom899 Congratulations on the new M1 Mac Mini. I'm actually considering purchasing an M1 Mac later this year.

The registration codes for Mac and Windows versions of Dashcam Viewer are different. This is mentioned in the FAQ. I will PM you...
Thank you John!

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.8 Released

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.8 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for BlackVue DR900X-2Ch
  • Added support for Innovv K2 TS format
  • Added support for Viofo A139 Dual
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug that would delete the wrong geotag under certain conditions
  • Fixed bug that would not recognize 2nd channel of Viofo A139 when in parking mode
dcv_v3.6.8-1024x573.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.8 playing TS video file from INNOVV K2​

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

hi thanks for this great programEkran Resmi 2021-07-08 22.56.46.png but please add native support for apple silicon

Back