Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

An update for JOHN/traveler...

Hello John,
After doing a little re-search & reading the DCV User Manual in full,
I came across an item that mentioned & linked to the latest version of the K-Lite Basic Codec that was required.
(I was only running v15.)

So, I went to the site & D/L'd & installed > Version 18.4.0 Basic.
I wasn't sure if DCV would "pick it up" but it did.
I can now report that all appears to be fine 'n' dandy again.

Plays all my May 2023 (7) & June 2024 (10), so far... videos with just a few that display the "Spanner" icon.

So John, Many thanks once again for a great program.

Regs, L....errr Mike..

Hello John,

I appear to have struck a small problem re; my AZDOME dashcam & the new DCV, v 3.9.8,
in that it will not display the videos which worked fine in v3.8.1 & 3.9.6.

This is on my new WIN10 Pro desktop PC 64 bit.

Error message reads as >
"Timeout occurred when trying to load or play the videos...... incompatible video codec & will not be able to see the video but will see the navigation....."
As stated, no video but none of the functions work either.
Got the usual "spanner" in the video box.
I have the K-Lite codec (basic version) as well.

Anyway, I've emailed you a selection of 2023 videos & the AZDOME camera details.
Hope you can fix my small problem.......once again. ;) (They aren't THAT frequent though.)

Many thank you's for a great product.

Regs, L errr Mike.
:)

ps. As I mentioned, the videos all played fine in the old versions & on my spare WIN 7 Pro laptop.

@Michael23 That's strange...not much has changed 'under the hood' since DCV v3.9.6. Mainly just added additional dashcam model supports. The error you're reporting is most likely due to K-Lite Codec Pack not being installed, or as @TheSpanishInq has reported, possibly an issue with the version of K-Lite Codec Pack itself.

Here's another possibility: I've seen the warning message occur if reading the SD card from a slow SD card reader attached to your PC. The workaround is to copy the videos to your hard drive and try loading them from there.

Edit: Ah, I just saw your follow-up message. Glad you sorted it out! (y)

Does anyone know if it is possible to tweak the 'Audio Event Detection' capability? It seems too sensitive as it even picks up doors closing off other cars on the parking lot. Even on 10 it returns too many 'false positives'.

The Audio Event Detection feature is designed to detect sudden sounds so a car door closing does qualify. I've never run into a case where I've had to raise the sound level discriminator above 10 but I can investigate. Thanks!

@traveler : If there is anything I can do to help to fine tune the Auto Event Detection capability, please let me know. For example, execute a certain ffprobe command over a number of files. I'm reasonably skilled in working with PowerShell for example.
And please note that there is, as far as I'm concerned, no time pressure on this. There was no damage to our car during the 12 hour on the parking lot. Just a lot of files with doors closing ;).

Edit: example and typo...

Back