Update on June 24th

Only $66.99 shipped for AUSDOM A261 2K UHD 1296P Car DVR Built-in GPS - BLACK

1440540976567-P-3012629.jpg

Main features:
Ambarella A7LA50 chipset
Designed with OV4689 sensor
Built-in GPS for tracking
Video resolution: 2560 x 1080 30fps 21:9 / 2304 x 1296 30fps 16:9 / 1920 x 1080P 30fps 16:9 / HDR 1920 x 1080P 30fps 16:9 / 1280 x 720 60fps 16:9 / 1280 x 720 30fps 16:9
Image resolution: 4M Pixel
6G heating resistant lens
F2.0 large aperture lens
2.0 inches high resolution TFT display screen
130 degree wide view angle
Advanced H.264 photography compression technology
Support 1296P ultra HD recording
Support auto power on / off
Support motion dection / loop recording / G-sensor
Support up to 64GB microSD / TF card (not included in the package)
Equipped with special car fixed suction cup mount, easy to fix and use
250mAh battery, supporting car DVR long time using

Review:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/review-ausdom-a261.14342/

buyers beware.... AUSDOM technicians are incompetent... they will say it is user problem if there is a problem with it.... you have been warned...

Most of Chinese manufacturers are like you described, but not all, I know one exception: Viofo. Just buy a product which is supported after sales by the manufacturer and reading @viofo posts in this forum you will understand what is a real support from a manufacturer. Street Guardian have also a great support but I consider them Australians, not Chinese.
Gearbest is selling a lot of low quality products which have no support at all from manufacturers. When selling such things Gearbest is trying to cheat their buyers with stupid solutions because they can not get support from that poor manufacturers.

I not consider Gearbest authorized seller for any product from their store. They just want to make profit and they are selling anything is legal and bring some money.

enjoy,
Mtz

Contact with paypal, you have nothing to lose.

Please update us!

You want the lowest price and then expect the same warranty of expensive local store like best buy and Costco?
Dream on.
Even local sellers need original item back to issue anything in exchange.

Just shipping a defective item to China will cost you over $25 and there is no guarantee that it'll reach the seller as there is no tracking inside China plus most electronics don't even go past their customs.
Buy locally and you can walk to return or expect paying for return shipping but we all want best of both worlds.

By now i know I will never get my dashcam back without paying the ransom... but at least I have do other potential buyers a favor by sharing my plight here... so to all fellow forummers who intend to buy anything from GB, you can just take it that there will be no warranty... you will feel better ...

By now i know I will never get my dashcam back without paying the ransom... but at least I have do other potential buyers a favor by sharing my plight here... so to all fellow forummers who intend to buy anything from GB, you can just take it that there will be no warranty... you will feel better ...
Same thing with others like banggood, alibaba etc...
You either have to send item back for full refund within the refund period or work out with partial refund.
No one will give you another unit without having the original one back and it's buyer's responsibility to send it back.
That policy is same everywhere whether local or overseas.
The difference with overseas sellers is the shipping.
Either you send it back and risk losing everything due to poor tracking or be happy with partial.
One thing buyers can do is to research little bit on the items, not vendor to minimize getting bad ones as Chinese vendors work the same way.
For example, if you see a lot of issues in a dashcam, order it locally but for something that has very few issues, you can take some risk but you can be unlucky and get a bad one even if the product has great reviews.

Same thing with others like banggood, alibaba etc...
You either have to send item back for full refund within the refund period or work out with partial refund.
No one will give you another unit without having the original one back and it's buyer's responsibility to send it back.
That policy is same everywhere whether local or overseas.
The difference with overseas sellers is the shipping.
Either you send it back and risk losing everything due to poor tracking or be happy with partial.
One thing buyers can do is to research little bit on the items, not vendor to minimize getting bad ones as Chinese vendors work the same way.
For example, if you see a lot of issues in a dashcam, order it locally but for something that has very few issues, you can take some risk but you can be unlucky and get a bad one even if the product has great reviews.

Hi Sunny, just to make clear my situation here....
1) I show them a photo of the defect
2) GB approved the RMA
3) I shipped the DVR back to GB at my own cost
4) GB received the DVR and told me repair will take a month
5) One month later nothing is heard from GB, I contacted them and was told it cannot be repaired.
6) They offer me a partial refund which is only half the amount I paid for.

So my dashcam is with them now....

Reactions: Mtz
and btw, I did my research, and ended buying both the Dome D201 and Ausdom A261.

Hi Sunny, just to make clear my situation here....
1) I show them a photo of the defect
2) GB approved the RMA
3) I shipped the DVR back to GB at my own cost
4) GB received the DVR and told me repair will take a month
5) One month later nothing is heard from GB, I contacted them and was told it cannot be repaired.
6) They offer me a partial refund which is only half the amount I paid for.

So my dashcam is with them now....
I see. Hopefully, they'll work it out.
and btw, I did my research, and ended buying both the Dome D201 and Ausdom A261.
Those two models don't have many issues but you can be unlucky in good ones as well.

My experience with Aliexpress, Banggood and GearBest has actually been good, whether it be customer support, shipping time adherence or timely deliveries. Okay I did lose some parcels in transit, had to raise a couple of claims for items not as described and ship back the Mini 0805 to China for a replacement. But all issues that cropped-up were appropriately handled by the platforms and sellers alike.

That said, I haven't ever spent more than what I'm willing to lose and forget, in case there's a problem which can't be addressed to my satisfaction when shopping with such vendors.

I have some thing good to say in gearbest favor.

Ive got a smart watch from them and it stopped working 2 days after i received it.
I made a video explaining what the problem.
Sent a ticket, they told me to try to change the charger and stuff, that i already did.
Any way, after 3 messages they gave me full refound to gearbest wallet+ extra GB points.
I dident send the watch back.

Just tell them that you want to solve the issue without involving paypal.
If they keep going with the same approach, contact with paypal.

@D201 SG According to your request, we refunded you 50$ for the product you bought at $76.98 and some points to you.

14657355_1811654669115237_548057070588189867_n.png

Our One Year Warranty:
"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, the default product warranty period is one year starting from the date of purchase, during which you are eligible for free repair. Any free repair case needs to be confirmed with the manufacturer via Customer Service. Customers must pay the shipping fees for returning the item back, while we cover the shipping fees to send the repaired item back to the customer. If the buyer has damaged/misused the item(s), it will not be eligible for free repair."

Dear customers, please do read the Warranty and Return Policy before you shop in any store, especially when you shop oversea. It's not so convenient when come to exchange compared with shopping in local.

I have some thing good to say in gearbest favor.

Ive got a smart watch from them and it stopped working 2 days after i received it.
I made a video explaining what the problem.
Sent a ticket, they told me to try to change the charger and stuff, that i already did.
Any way, after 3 messages they gave me full refound to gearbest wallet+ extra GB points.
I dident send the watch back.

Just tell them that you want to solve the issue without involving paypal.
If they keep going with the same approach, contact with paypal.

Thanks for sharing that. This is due to our 3 day DOA guarantee.

I shared our 3 Day Dead on Arrival (DOA) Guarantee before, now I share it again.

3 Day Dead on Arrival (DOA) Guarantee

If your item arrives damaged or is not working, please follow the warranty process and contact our Support Center for RMA authorization within 3 days of receiving your order. The associated item will be exchanged with a new product free of charge (we will reimburse the return shipping cost), or you can choose to receive a full refund. Enjoy total peace of mind: every single purchase is 100% risk-free each time you shop at GearBest.

Special Notes:

1. Customers must first send a clear photo or video of the damaged or defective product before we can consider issuing a RMA authorization.

2. Customers need to pay the return shipping fee first. After GearBest has received the product return and confirmed the DOA, the return shipping fee cost will be fully refunded. If our technical staff determine the item is not DOA, GearBest will not compensate the return shipping fee.

3. For overweight (2kg or above) or oversize products (i.e. the sum of the length, width and height of the package size exceeds 90cm), we will only compensate the return shipping fee up to a maximum of US$50.

4. Product returns must be via one of GearBest’s approved shipping methods; our Support Center will provide details.

@D201 SG According to your request, we refunded you 50$ for the product you bought at $76.98 and some points to you.

14657355_1811654669115237_548057070588189867_n.png

Our One Year Warranty:
"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, the default product warranty period is one year starting from the date of purchase, during which you are eligible for free repair. Any free repair case needs to be confirmed with the manufacturer via Customer Service. Customers must pay the shipping fees for returning the item back, while we cover the shipping fees to send the repaired item back to the customer. If the buyer has damaged/misused the item(s), it will not be eligible for free repair."

Dear customers, please do read the Warranty and Return Policy before you shop in any store, especially when you shop oversea. It's not so convenient when come to exchange compared with shopping in local.

I have read your warranty policy more than 10 times.. Which part of the policy did I NOT follow ?

Dear GB, please read and understand your own policy before publishing it on your website.

I have read your warranty policy more than 10 times.. Which part of the policy did I NOT follow ?

You used to want a full refund of your product which used 4+months. That's not our policy. It's neither fit for the 3 day DOA Guarantee nor the 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.

You used to want a full refund of your product which used 4+months. That's not our policy. It's neither fit for the 3 day DOA Guarantee nor the 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.

I only requested for a full refund when GB failed to repair the item.

Please explain your below warranty policy word by word, for the benefits of other GB customers,

"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, the default product warranty period is one year starting from the date of purchase, during which you are eligible for free repair."

if the product failed on the 12th month, but still within the 1-year warranty period, how would GB handle the RMA ?

If GB has difficulty following your own policy, i suggest you review & change it...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HRK Camera China 0
Back