GitUp Git1 image comparisons with 2016 dashcams

It was part of the deal as the buyer was so impressed with the footage it sealed the deal when I told him I was going to leave them in for him for the sake of £100 on a 70k car.

Just want to let you know, we are working on Git1 firmware now, almost ready for release.

Before i suggested Sjcam but since i got my Git2 and with the Git1´s my company bought i really recommend Gitup. Been comparing Git with several other brands, and Git´s doing allways really well..
@gitup, what will the improvment be in new firmware ?

Before i suggested Sjcam but since i got my Git2 and with the Git1´s my company bought i really recommend Gitup. Been comparing Git with several other brands, and Git´s doing allways really well..
@gitup, what will the improvment be in new firmware ?
Please check here for latest beta firmware.

I have used the Git1 again with the CPL, now the results are great, I just need to bump the EV a bit as my CPL also takes a lot of light. So here's a short compliation with sun from various positions. I now only need a filter that removes the squashed bugs from the windshield.

Looks a little washed out if I'm being honest especially the sky but that will be because you have bumped the EV and the image deterioration caused by a cheap Polarising Filter. Look at my footage compared to yours all settings to default.

Looks a little washed out if I'm being honest especially the sky but that will be because you have bumped the EV and the image deterioration caused by a cheap Polarising Filter. Look at my footage compared to yours all settings to default.

The CPL was only 4-5$ so i was not expecting much from it, in the above video i didn't bumped the EV. I'm going to try with the new 1.4 FW and low contrast.

The CPL was only 4-5$ .

This is your problem, take it off and see how bright and sharp the pictures becomes again.
Putting cheap glass or maybe in your case plastic on any camera will degrade the picture massively.

Posting this here since this is where I learned about needing to get a 37mm CPL before I had the camera. I ordered everything for my 2 vehicle setup a couple of weeks ago and now have everything. Just wondering how in the heck I'm supposed to make this giant 37mm CPL fit the 22mm outside diameter (had no idea of the size since I had never seen one of these cameras before) of the lens barrel. It's nowhere near the correct size unless I'm missing something.

7aab8894e877a0b82bf47b2394362ff6.jpg

Git1 again as a dashcam, driving on a rocky, dusty, gravely, mountain road, through an olive oil orchard, by the edge of a cliff on the sea side at late evening/dusk. The only downside of the 170 wide lens is the fact that the gradients and road level look much more "easy" to drive through than in real life. At the end on the concrete ramp I had to keep 200o rpm in first gear to get back up (and it's a 4WD 2.2 diesel). Sound replaced with "funky music" so my "good wishes" are not perceptible.

@srvctec you need a GoPro 3/4 to 37mm filter adapter.
Thanks! Just ordered one and can't wait to get the filter installed since the glare from the dash is ridiculous with this camera- super happy with everything else about it, though. I'm guessing because of the extra wide angle, there is so much compressed into the view, it makes the glare seem worse.

Just checked GearBest and the Git1 was out of stock. Is it still being manufactured?
Phil

From what I can find this looks like the perfect cam for my purposes other than not working with a super-cap mod. It may take the heat as-is and at it's price point
i'll chance that. Now just to gather cash and find a good deal :)

Phil

Git1, again offroading, again in Greece :)

Hello,

I am about to buy a dash cam. Originally I wanted to buy the a119 as I thought it is the best value dash cam in this category. But now I am a bit confused. Based on the comparison photos I sow here it seems that Git1 has better quality. So why should I buy a dash cam when I could buy an action camera which is even cheaper, has better quality (or the same) and could be used also for other purposes...

Could anybody explain how it is possible that new modern camera with better hardware, in most reviews recognized as best value camera has the same or a bit worse quality then one year old action camera????

Thanks for any comments

Patrick

not to take anything away from the Git1 but the comparisons were with an early beta of the A119, it has been improved a lot since then and is is still being improved

thank you for your comment. I thought it might have been caused by very earlier firmware but didn't want to preconceive others with my thoughts.

It would be interesting to have such comparison (Git1 vs a119) with new firmware. I sow some videos on YouTube but also there you can find videos in different qualities, probably because some of them were made by pre-production devices, which is confusion for me.

Back