GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I've just updated my second Git2 and it's working normally at 2160p.

Perhaps this beta is not recognizing all the sd cards correctly to allow that resolution. o_O

I'm just guessing.

I tested with a Transcend 32GB card, seems work well, will do more testing for 2160P mode.

Camera detects that the card can not be recorded 2196p in high bitrate, but simulate record and menu lag. I think, this wrong.

I tested 2160p at Med,Low bit-rate camera can record normal ,but only high bit-rate camera not operate.
I think this wrong ,why on previous firmware can record at 2160p High bitrate ?
@gitup

anyone have any opinions on one of these or may have used one
For Git2 it is not fits well without some improvements:
- diameter almost the same but need to be fixed better on git2 lens (I have no idea how to fix it reliable without glue)
- with the removed CPL the plastic cap fits too close to the glass of lens, touches the git2's glass sometimes
- little vignette in photo mode (in corners).
+ real polarized, good quality of construction

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262535830420
I prefer the 52mm ones, you will loose the corners of 4:3 aspect ratio images with a 37mm filter. With some of the thicker filters I can loose a little in the corners even with 52mm. If you only use it with 16:9 aspect ratio and with the gyro on or narrow FOV option to reduce FOV then 37mm may be OK and the smaller size may be preferable for dashcam use.

The fit of the cheap adaptors tends to vary, sometimes they are loose and you need some electrical tape to get a good fit, sometimes they put too much paint on and you need sandpaper to remove some paint before it will fit, they all work well after adjustment though.

At that price, although the CPL should do it's job and will probably be fine for dashcam use, don't expect high quality anti-reflection coatings and a neutral colour balance - fitting a £1 filter to a £1000 DSLR doesn't give you the quality of a £10,000 camera!

thank you for the information, most helpful, i will give it a miss and look for something better.

I've just bought a Git Pro 2, and am very happy with the performance so far. I have one issue though. There is a small rattle inside the camera, so and footage taken while the camera is moving results in a constant 'ticking' sound on the audio track. Does anybody else have this issue, and is it something that I could possible fix myself by opening the case? The rattle is coming from the camera, and not the waterproof case.

I've just bought a Git Pro 2, and am very happy with the performance so far. I have one issue though. There is a small rattle inside the camera, so and footage taken while the camera is moving results in a constant 'ticking' sound on the audio track. Does anybody else have this issue, and is it something that I could possible fix myself by opening the case? The rattle is coming from the camera, and not the waterproof case.
Can you check if this is coming from the button, you can hold the button and shake the camera to check it.

Can you check if this is coming from the button, you can hold the button and shake the camera to check it.

Yes, it is - the front button. Thanks for the prompt response.

Is it normal for the video timelapse to record with 1080p30 even though I've set it to 1060p60?

Timelapse set at 1 sec/f
Everything else at auto.
Firmware: 1.6 beta

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262535830420
leedude
I found that vignetting is common (black corners) on any filters/adapters smaller than 52 mm
I found one supplier in EBay/USA, and bought an Gopro adapter in 58mm that fits fairly snuggly on the Git 2 lens!
You should check to see if EBay/UK has such an item also!
P.S. Sometimes on the Xiaomi Yi and the Git2 changing FOV to narrow or 120 degrees on the Yi removes the vignetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I correct in thinking that the picture quality is slightly better when using the open frame instead of the waterproof case?
Yes, the extra glass in the waterproof case is sure to reduce quality a little with lens reflections and loss of contrast. In some lighting conditions you wont notice it but in others it will be quite obvious, and it reduces sound quality a lot.

Unless of course it is raining, then the open frame is not so good.

I use my dashcam frames a lot, mainly as a tripod/monopod/selfi-stick mount and also as a dashcam mount and bicycle mount, having more than one is very convenient.

Thanks again Nigel, it's good to compare notes! I'm in the process of designing a more shock-absorbing mount of the mountain bike. I use a DIY mount to use the camera in the chest pocket of my motorcycle jacket. And that's why I want the extra open frame.

I have to say that the more that I use the Git 2, the more that I am impressed by it. As with all technology, the more effort put in to learning how to set it up properly, the better the results. And, as I have already learned with still photography, post processing plays an important part too.

Back