Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

Same here... I just didn't spot the reversed web address.
Strangely the /googleMapsAPI.html part wasn't reversed, which is how I found it. I just searched for that string in a hex editor :)

I just zeroed out the problematic RV link in my version and all's working fine.
Not sure why it would have to point to any webpage?
I wasn't sure if nulling it out would break the app. I guess I should have tested that! It's definitely a cleaner fix.

RegistratorViewer seems to be compiled with a very old version of Delphi (Delphi 7), I wonder if any decompilers are available for that version.

cannot play mp4 video in RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22c using windows 10 64bit

cannot play mp4 video in RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22c using windows 10 64bit
Try my version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cxksffp9dnlrvk/DATAKAM PLAYER - Registrator Viewer v.6.0.0.22 (DeLorean).zip?dl=0
It's the original 6.0.0.22 version with just the offending website link remove (that caused all the recent problems) and I packed the EXE to make it a little smaller.
Other than that I've done nothing else as it all works fine for me.
I found the modded 6.0.0.22c version had been over tweaked (for my liking) beyond what is required to keep it working.
P.S. You'll need to do the IE tweak as per usual.

For what little it is worth.. this version gives me a script error and will not display the map.

res://C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\wz54b7\DATAKAM PLAYER - Registrator Viewer v.6.0.0.22 (DeLorean).exe/osm2_distance.js

The previously posted "fixed" player does work that I downloaded as RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22c.zip It comes with the GoogleMapsfix.reg. In an attempt to get the DATAKAM version to work I merged this reg file to my registry which did not help.. So when I subsequently tried the other one... perhaps.. it would not have been necessary to merge the reg file..

What ever the IE tweak is.. I did not do, perhaps that is why his version does not display the map.

I just want to thank everyone for working this issue. I am a novice and I would never figured all of this out

For what little it is worth.. this version gives me a script error and will not display the map.

res://C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\wz54b7\DATAKAM PLAYER - Registrator Viewer v.6.0.0.22 (DeLorean).exe/osm2_distance.js

The previously posted "fixed" player does work that I downloaded as RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22c.zip It comes with the GoogleMapsfix.reg. In an attempt to get the DATAKAM version to work I merged this reg file to my registry which did not help.. So when I subsequently tried the other one... perhaps.. it would not have been necessary to merge the reg file..

What ever the IE tweak is.. I did not do, perhaps that is why his version does not display the map.
It works fine for me :)
Whichever version of RV you use you must add the appropriate name of the exe to the registry.
Just tweak GoogleMapsfix.reg file in any text editor to reflect to name of your RV executable.
P.S. This registry tweak is the same as is needed for Google Picasa to use the Places Panel for photo location :cool:

Whichever version of RV you use you must add the appropriate name of the exe to the registry.
Just tweak GoogleMapsfix.reg file in any text editor to reflect to name of your RV executable.
:cool:
Thanks.. that is what I did not do. Just a thought.. perhaps add a correct *.reg with your copy.

Thanks.. that is what I did not do. Just a thought.. perhaps add a correct *.reg with your copy.
I made it initially just for my own use... besides others will want to rename the exe to suit their own taste so a reg file would be useless :p

@Daniel15
I'm using your version, but exact same issue with the other fixed versions, no mapping at all.
I've applied the reg fix but none of the maps work.
I did notice "SdDisplay.exe" reg key has the same value as the RV reg fix, probably irrelevant.
I tried on two machines, 10 Home 1803 & 7 Ultimate SP1
Tried killing Comodo & Kaspersky.
Using a Blackvue 750S-1CH files GPS Mapping works in Blackvue Viewer, so it's not the camera's GPS.
I really like the grouping and exporting features in RV.
I must be missing something.
Thanks for any ideas

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 25
@Daniel15
I'm using your version, but exact same issue with the other fixed versions, no mapping at all.
I've applied the reg fix but none of the maps work.
I did notice "SdDisplay.exe" reg key has the same value as the RV reg fix, probably irrelevant.
I tried on two machines, 10 Home 1803 & 7 Ultimate SP1
Tried killing Comodo & Kaspersky.
Using a Blackvue 750S-1CH files GPS Mapping works in Blackvue Viewer, so it's not the camera's GPS.
I really like the grouping and exporting features in RV.
I must be missing something.
Thanks for any ideas

I don't recall the Blackvue 750S being a supported model

Ahh.. honestly never considered that option..
I’m so sad.. what an excellent program.
If you could develop a clone.. you’d do great.
The other options don’t even come close!
Thanks for getting back.
You should build one with the same features!
I’ll buy it!
Thanks
Brian

Unfortunately we haven't found anyone with the right skillset to build something like Registrator Viewer was/would have been

Anyone have success getting Google Map to work using Blackvue 750S-1CH ?

Newbie here. Applied the reg fix, tried all the latest V6.0.0.22 versions, getting the same error and NO map display. If the worst come to the worst, I'll be (sort of) happy to go back to the original version and use other maps.

How do I do that?

Eagleye V2. Old, but works for my purposes!

Yes, the software came with the DC, and it worked fine until about a year ago. I haven't used the DC for some time, and when I installed the software again the JS issue started

Back