Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

the domain gets a lot of traffic so they'll be happily serving up ads until the end of days on this one, no chance of getting the domain off them now

I just had a look and I think I've managed to fix it. Here's a patched version of RegistratorViewer with all the references to the bad domain removed: https://d.sb/registratorviewer

It was trying to load a page called /googleMapsAPI.html (which is strange because the Google Maps functionality works even without loading that page). I just removed the reference to that URL and replaced it with one that I control (just an empty page).

There was some very basic obfuscation, but it wasn't too difficult to work out. The string was just split into several parts and reversed:
Progress_Telerik_Fiddler_Web_Debugger_08-19.21.21.png

Code:
w
artsiger.ww
eivrot
moc.rew

= moc.reweivrotartsiger.www
= www.registratorviewer.com backwards

Seems like it was trying to hide this URL for some reason.

probably on the right track but getting a bunch of script errors depending on which map option is selected

error message.jpg

script error.jpg

Thanks to all who have fixed this very useful viewer. However just a suggestion.. perhaps add a text file to the zip to inform the user that "this" copy has been fixed and no longer phones home... or change the version number or name.. anything to differentiate the multiple copies now available.. everyplace.

@Daniel15 Top stuff mate (y) Thanks to you RV lives for another day!

I actually had something in the works. I just couldn't find the last trace of it, as it turns out what i was looking for was written in reverse and jumbled around.

I've made the update on my end. If someone could test it that would be great. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcd9s6q7xs61wah/RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22c.zip?dl=0
Same here... I just didn't spot the reversed web address.
Well done to everyone involved :)

I honestly didnt think id be updating RV for this long thats why ive just been adding letters to the end of the zip filename.

Should i just update the version number to a higher number? This way i can update the true version number to reflect throughout the program and in the windows properties.

The version number doesnt allow letters to be entered which is why i havent been able to change it.

is this any different to the last version that @Daniel15 did?
Same type of fix.

Daniel changed RV.com to go into an invalid page in his site, while my copy goes to an invalid site/google. The end user wont notice a difference either way as the update check will silently fail.

I've just checked network analyzer and the only addresses RV contacts now is Google (if using gmaps). I will leave it running overnight to confirm there is no funny business.

I will also contact Daniel and see if he can integrate the google maps fix

I honestly didnt think id be updating RV for this long thats why ive just been adding letters to the end of the zip filename.

Should i just update the version number to a higher number? This way i can update the true version number to reflect throughout the program and in the windows properties.

The version number doesnt allow letters to be entered which is why i havent been able to change it.

Same type of fix.

Daniel changed RV.com to go into an invalid page in his site, while my copy goes to an invalid site/google. The end user wont notice a difference either way as the update check will silently fail.

I've just checked network analyzer and the only addresses RV contacts now is Google (if using gmaps). I will leave it running overnight to confirm there is no funny business.

I will also contact Daniel and see if he can integrate the google maps fix
I just zeroed out the problematic RV link in my version and all's working fine.
Not sure why it would have to point to any webpage?

Back