GS1000

Sabe said:
Everything under this text is dangerous and everybody should use them at the risk of making your camera dead, this worked to me but i can't know is your camera exactly the same, so i can't take any responsibility of anything. Try this only if you have now fw smh4.36.220812B, and you can load your fw under the name "vfirmware"

Okay, here's some.
First, i tried texet fw and some other but not good result, loading texet in traditional way makes camera half dead with black screen.

This is working fw, second from up, MagicEye HD50 V4.36
http://www.g-mini.ru/support/downloads?product=29
Inside zip file is fw version HD50_4.36.030912, it's named simply vfirmware.bin, use that as you have learned.

It would be best if you make dry run with you own firmware, meaning, first backup your current firmware and then reload that firmware under name vfirmware.bin, if all that works then it would be quite safe to continue. Everything about firmware update is explained here.
http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Firmware
And one more warning,
playing with firmware can be dangerous, do it only if you know what you are doing,
or if you are willing to take the risk of losing your camera.
Fw version HD50_4.36.030912 is for without gps. I put fw vs HD50G_v436.030912 and gps work very well,and have now automatic gps time in my dvr, and speed stamp if need that.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ionutz72 said:
Fw version HD50_4.36.030912 is for without gps. I put fw vs HD50G_v436.030912 and gps work very well,and have now automatic gps time in my dvr, and speed stamp if need that.
Thanks

Thank you very much, i didn't notice that!
That is most useful function as time goes wrong sooner or later without automatic setting.

Sample with fw vs HD50G_v436.030912
Media info:
Code:
General
      Complete name : H:\DCIM\100MEDIA\FILE0008.MOV
      Format : MPEG-4
      Format profile : QuickTime
      Codec ID : qt  
      File size : 287 MiB
      Duration : 3mn 17s
      Overall bit rate mode : Constant
      Overall bit rate : 12.2 Mbps
      Encoded date : UTC 2013-04-30 16:15:50
      Tagged date : UTC 2013-04-30 16:15:50
      AMBA : 
   Video #1
      ID : 1
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile : Main@L4.0
      Format settings, CABAC : Yes
      Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
      Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=8
      Codec ID : avc1
      Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
      Bit rate mode : Constant
      Bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
      Width : 1 920 pixels
      Height : 1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate mode : Constant
      Frame rate : 29.970 fps
      Color space : YUV
      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
      Bit depth : 8 bits
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.193
      Stream size : 283 MiB (99%)
      Title : Ambarella AVC / Ambarella AVC
      Language : English
   Audio #2
      ID : 2
      Format : AAC
      Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
      Format profile : LC
      Codec ID : 40
      Bit rate mode : Constant
      Bit rate : 128 Kbps
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Channel positions : Front: L R
      Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
      Compression mode : Lossy
      Delay relative to video : 33ms
      Stream size : 3.02 MiB (1%)
      Title : Ambarella AAC / Ambarella AAC
      Language : English

ionutz72 said:
Sample with fw vs HD50G_v436.030912

Looks nice, lots of features now to relative cheap camera.
I can see it's almost summer down there.

Yes,today was 30°C :)
Like this fw,but with only one inconvenience: for number set, have only Slovak characters :roll:
My card is Samsung 16GB class6 and for moment work very well at 12Mbps :cool:

ionutz72 said:
Yes,today was 30°C :)
Like this fw,but with only one inconvenience: for number set, have only Slovak characters :roll:
My card is Samsung 16GB class6 and for moment work very well at 12Mbps :cool:

Yes i noticed too that i cant write my name :D
But actually it's not good idea to use any name, because if you got something special on video maybe you can't publish it if you don't want to get recognized.
Nice to know that class 6 works, maybe it's time to take 32GB card in use.

Code:
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Is really stereo?!

ionutz72 said:
Is realy stereo?!

I guess it's technically stereo, but since there is only one microphone... :)

Trying the first step to backup my existing firmware (SMH4.36.220812B), and getting mixed results.

The camera didn't turn off when finished so I switched it off manually after 3-4 mins, but it does create a file BACKUP.BIN

However I did it a few times to be sure, first time the file is 5.81MB, second time it is 6.06MB... what is the correct file size?

edit: tried it again, this time without the power lead, and the file size is 13.3MB?!

andrew73 said:
edit: tried it again, this time without the power lead, and the file size is 13.3MB?!

Yes, this is right size.
It's meant to do without external power, but there must be enough charge to complete (a few seconds) Next step is to save that backup.bin for later use, rename it to old fw version number and copy it to sure place so you don't lose it, whatever you do this is the one fw that you can go back to.

Then copy that bin file to camera memory card root and rename it to "vfirmware.bin" then restart camera and it does update automatically. Do not restart camera before you remove that bin file, otherwise camera does update again, you can remove memory card or you can just plug camera to computer and delete file that way.
Once you can do it succesfully it's time to load brand new firmware.

thanks Sabe, I flashed my backup firmware into the camera, it took just a few seconds and the camera switched itself off. So the update process works and after a quick test the camera is still functioning ok. Now I need the courage to try a new version!

andrew73 said:
thanks Sabe, I flashed my backup firmware into the camera, it took just a few seconds and the camera switched itself off. So the update process works and after a quick test the camera is still functioning ok. Now I need the courage to try a new version!

Once you know how it goes then it's easy.
As member inonutz72 pointed out it's best to use fw HD50G_v436.030912 with gps, that is fourth file from up
http://www.g-mini.ru/support/downloads?product=29
You can use google translate but basic info is same in every language.
Inside that zip file is firmware and two text files in unknown language.

Is there a way to see recorded videos of the whole trip on TV without sitting by the camera all the time and pressing "next" and "play" every 2 minutes (or 5 or 10) ?
Or is it the only way to use some software to merge videos, and then record them on a DVD and play them on TV, using DVD player ?

javr said:
Is there a way to see recorded videos of the whole trip on TV without sitting by the camera all the time and pressing "next" and "play" every 2 minutes (or 5 or 10) ?
Or is it the only way to use some software to merge videos, and then record them on a DVD and play them on TV, using DVD player ?

There is no way, not with gs1000 anyways.
This is nice free program for joining video files, very easy to use.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

Sabe - you are a star! firmware update worked perfectly now I have 12Mbps video and a few other nice features (quality, gps time, exposure). Off for a drive to try it out! :D

What does "number set" do?

andrew73 said:
Sabe - you are a star! firmware update worked perfectly now I have 12Mbps video and a few other nice features (quality, gps time, exposure). Off for a drive to try it out! :D

What does "number set" do?

Very nice to hear that it worked :p

Number set is place where you can put your own identification number to video, there is letters too but since they are russian letters... :?

After a quick test drive everything is working fine including gps, and picture quality is much better reading number plates. My GS1000 is now as it should have been from the start, very happy. :)

Setting the time from gps is very useful too. Thanks again!

What settings you use with this fw for white balance? Auto or others? I use "Sunny" with EV +0.3 and "Auto nigh mode". This combination is good for me. :)

ionutz72 said:
What settings you use with this fw for white balance? Auto or others? I use "Sunny" with EV +0.3 and "Auto nigh mode". This combination is good for me. :)

Thanks for details, i have used only default settings for now to get reference point before i start to make experiments.

dsc04876.jpg

dsc04877.jpg

So far the best position for a dashcam I can find in my car. But there's a problem - video rotated 180° .
This is the original video file (hail problem). Highly interesting: logo, and date-time-speed stamp are not rotated ! How come ?

This is edited video (using Youtube video editor). Now video is ok, but date-time-speed stamp are rotated:

And it looks like camera has some problems setting up the proper light. Meaning, the light from the sky darkens the picture too much. Is that beacuse the camera is rotated, or is that just the way it is ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back