GS1000

A while ago I emailed EPrance about the GS1000 low bitrate and today they sent me a new firmware from the factory. I'm quite happy using Sabe's MagicEye firmware (which already fixed the problem and has some other handy functions), but I can post it up here if anyone with an EPrance GS1000 wants to try it. I'll try to find out what the version number is first.

andrew73 said:
A while ago I emailed EPrance about the GS1000 low bitrate and today they sent me a new firmware from the factory. I'm quite happy using Sabe's MagicEye firmware (which already fixed the problem and has some other handy functions), but I can post it up here if anyone with an EPrance GS1000 wants to try it. I'll try to find out what the version number is first.

Difficult or impossible to find version number from bin file.
Send it here, i can try it and take the risk of...

If you don't have any file hosting place try mega.co.nz

>>> Please proceed at your own risk - this firmware is untested! <<<

New firmware I received from EPrance, responding to my request for higher bit-rate:
<link removed>

[edit: thanks to Sabe for testing, apparently this is texet fm and no good, magiceye fw is better!]

1. what is the meaning of motion detection ?
I mean - it works; if I set it to on and make some movement in front of the lens, it starts to record for 1 minute, then camera waits for a power off delay time and turns itself off.
When the camera is back on, there is no motion detection in function - it resets itself to off every time I turn the camera off and back on. So, what is the proper use of this function ?

2. once joining (merge) videos with mp4cam2avi - how can I make timelapse video (for example 2 hour trip in 10 minutes) ? Or is there a software, which can do all at once: merge those 2-minute or 5-minute videos and make timelapse output ?

andrew73 said:
Anyone brave enough to test it, let us know what it does! :)

No need to test, this is texet fm and it makes my camera half dead, after that direct USB is only way to get it work again.
Basic line is, that magiceye fm is better - and working.

Oh yes now i remember, this texet fw has also video setting L/M/H, but high was only 7000 mbps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabe said:
andrew73 said:
Anyone brave enough to test it, let us know what it does! :)

No need to test, this is texet fm and it makes my camera half dead, after that direct USB is only way to get it work again.
Basic line is, that magiceye fm is better - and working.

Oh yes now i remember, this texet fw has also video setting L/M/H, but high was only 7000 mbps.

Ok thanks Sabe, I've removed the link. Worth a try I guess.

andrew73 said:
Ok thanks Sabe, I've removed the link. Worth a try I guess.

It was interesting to see what it was,but it was nothing good.
I think it was this same fw mentioned here.
http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#New_Orange_Menu_Firmware

But funny thing is that when i load that firmware from tf card it's not working and paralyzes camera, but if i load that (maybe same) firmware using directusb then it is working.

Bit of a poor show by EPrance sending me a FW not compatible with my camera, glad it was tried first by someone who knows what they are doing. The MagicEye FW gives us what we needed anyhow, great find.

There is one new working fw to iTracker gs1000, but does anyone speak russian and possibly can tell what is new in this fw, text files in zip file are unreadable in my computer.
It works even if fw number system is changed to something really new, no 4.xxx anymore.
It is this "MagicEye HD50G Прошивка версии 130515"
http://www.g-mini.ru/support/downloads?product=29

It works just fine, id number has changed to upper right corner, and lower corner has gps coordinate location.
Video files has new naming system too (date and time), like below, otherwise i can't say what else is new.
Image1.jpg

Hi Sabe.
Can put on youtube one sample video? :roll:

Sabe said:
does anyone speak russian and possibly can tell what is new in this fw
HD50G_130515.V1

- Добавлено наложение координат на видео-файл.

- Added GPS coordinates overlay in video

ShPioN said:
Sabe said:
does anyone speak russian and possibly can tell what is new in this fw
HD50G_130515.V1

- Добавлено наложение координат на видео-файл.

- Added GPS coordinates overlay in video

Thank you for translation, if this is only thing changed maybe i stick with older firmware.
I don't know why it would be good idea to have coordinates in video, not as long as you going to stay on the public roads.
There is also something special in this fw because i had to load it 2 or 3 times before it worked properly.

@Sabe, you seem to know iTracker GS1000 in details - how to use "Motion Detection" - function ?
If I turn it on, it works until the camera is on, too, and then resets itself back to off.
For example: if I make a movement in front of the lens, the camera starts to record for 1 minute, then waits for a new movement for the time, set in "auto power off". Or if no time is set here, until camera-battery empty (25 minutes).
I'd understand this function, if it wouldn't reset itself back to off every time the camera is turned off, too.

Another thing, which I don't quite understand, is those 4 IR LEDs. They are useful only if you wanna make a photo of something, not more than 2 centimeters from the lens.
In these days, every manufacturer is trying to make their product as cheap as possible, cutting the expenses everywhere they can. So why would someone build in those 4 IR LEDs, which are completely useless, but they do cost money and put up the price of the camera ?
Unless those 4 IR LEDs have some secret function I haven't figured out yet.

The LEDs I'm sure are a secret marketing function from someone with absolutely no clue, I'm not sure what kind of customer looks at this as a positive, maybe my thinking is tarnished somewhat but anytime I see LEDs on the front of one of these it's an instant loss of credibility

javr said:
@Sabe, you seem to know iTracker GS1000 in details - how to use "Motion Detection" - function ?
If I turn it on, it works until the camera is on, too, and then resets itself back to off.

This is only a matter of logic, someone somewhere just decided to make it so it won't start record automatically. It's like in car when you plug it in, usually it's good thing that it starts recording, but if you only going to to make some settings it is very annoying to wait till you can disable recording.
To use gs1000 at motion detection mode it would be best to use external power source, car battery or usb power bank, internal battery is so weak.
If you set video length to one minute it will recycle videos and keep recording to the end of the world.
Those led's are an enigma, like human appendix.

ionutz72 said:
Fw version HD50_4.36.030912 is for without gps. I put fw vs HD50G_v436.030912 and gps work very well,and have now automatic gps time in my dvr, and speed stamp if need that.
Thanks

Thanks a bunch. I just got my GS1000 from dealextreme. I felt brave tonight and upgraded my factory SMH4.36.220812B with this HD50G_v436.030912. It is awesome update with good new features. Although it does not include GPS coordinates overlay in video available in latest HD50G_130515, but I am not sure I need this info. GPS time sync is priceless.

I like this dash cam, despite being skeptical initially. It is pleasure to handle it in your hands, very comfortable shape. Everything works as it should. Solid cam.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back