GS1000

I found a broken 720p cam from a friend of mine: http://dx.com/p/5-0mp-720p-wide-angle-c ... -lcd-81863
He gave it for free of course. :)

w1MKJKn.jpg

Its lens module:

K3WaYIm.jpg

MmtHRJL.jpg

PX9E7sa.jpg

Hight and screw distances match but the diameter does not.:

znDvmoF.jpg

NkgEVfR.jpg

I had to sandpaper it doubtlessly:

vGpcrrr.jpg

mtYSatA.jpg

I sandpapered it rough and fine:

lFL9kAO.jpg

It's done? Yes, it is. :)

A36Fi77.jpg

u8rQ4m7.jpg

In the photos above the distance between my GS1000 and monitor is the same. I recommend examining those two in full size. What is my gain? +50 degrees. GS1000 original lens is 120 degrees as you know. Now it is 170 degrees. I'm happy with the result. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
murathoca said:
In the photos above the distance between my GS1000 and monitor is the same. I recommend examining those two in full size. What is my gain? +50 degrees. GS1000 original lens is 120 degrees as you know. Now it is 170 degrees. I'm happy with the result. Thanks for viewing.

How about new lens focus, did you adjust it?
How sharp image is in 20-50 meters?
If you give more samples could you take image from city street where is lots of houses around because long distances and bushes in countryside don't give good result.

Sabe said:
murathoca said:

How about new lens focus, did you adjust it?
How sharp image is in 20-50 meters?
If you give more samples could you take image from city street where is lots of houses around because long distances and bushes in countryside don't give good result.
Of course I adjusted the focus. :) I'll put videos of the cam with new lens. ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

murathoca said:
Sabe said:
Of course I adjusted the focus. :) I'll put videos of the cam with new lens. ;-)

I asked because from my experience it is very challenging to adjust focus because of that small screen, and if you use television screen it is usually inside and everything is so close, very frustrating job.

V8Rocks said:
Thanks a bunch. I just got my GS1000 from dealextreme. I felt brave tonight and upgraded my factory SMH4.36.220812B with this HD50G_v436.030912. It is awesome update with good new features. Although it does not include GPS coordinates overlay in video available in latest HD50G_130515, but I am not sure I need this info. GPS time sync is priceless.

That is very good firmware and safe, only thing what is missing is night mode start/stop setting, now it is on only 19:00-10:00 (7pm-10am ;) )
I did testing with texet firmawre and it has that setting, but many times i had to use directusb to wake up half dead device.

Sabe said:
murathoca said:
Sabe said:

I asked because from my experience it is very challenging to adjust focus because of that small screen, and if you use television screen it is usually inside and everything is so close, very frustrating job.
I see Sabe. I appreciate you interest man. ;) I used a 7" monitor and I focused what is seen through my window; buildings, trees etc. But I must tell that I didn't have the opportunity to test it in the field (in the car I mean ;)). Once I record something I'll upload it and give its link here. If I couldn't adjust the focus properly, I must adjust it again. Till it is fixed. All in all there 4 screws. ;)

Sabe said:
V8Rocks said:
Thanks a bunch. I just got my GS1000 from dealextreme. I felt brave tonight and upgraded my factory SMH4.36.220812B with this HD50G_v436.030912. It is awesome update with good new features. Although it does not include GPS coordinates overlay in video available in latest HD50G_130515, but I am not sure I need this info. GPS time sync is priceless.

That is very good firmware and safe, only thing what is missing is night mode start/stop setting, now it is on only 19:00-10:00 (7pm-10am ;) )
I did testing with texet firmawre and it has that setting, but many times i had to use directusb to wake up half dead device.
Well, I don't use the night mode because it's useless with 4 infraleds. I'm on MagicEye 4.36 at the moment and it's beautiful unless you set numbers; it freezes if you enter the number menu. It did for once but I don't want to risk the cam. I use auto anti glare instead of auto night mode.

murathoca said:
Well, I don't use the night mode because it's useless with 4 infraleds. I'm on MagicEye 4.36 at the moment and it's beautiful unless you set numbers; it freezes if you enter the number menu. It did for once but I don't want to risk the cam. I use auto anti glare instead of auto night mode.

Number set should work (i mean it does work) but i noticed that many times fw flash don't go right and usually something is missing, like in your case not working number setting, re-flash usually helps. However, it is quite useless function because there is only russian letters available. :?
Night mode do not mean only led's, you can't see nothing at night without night mode, and i cut those led wires so they don't produce heat, since they are useless in any other way.

murathoca said:

A36Fi77.jpg

u8rQ4m7.jpg

It looks like old lens has correct focus settings. New one focused a little to close. It is possible I am referring to wrong lens, just to make sure the 123 snapshot looks better focus wise than 124.

Sabe said:
murathoca said:

Number set should work (i mean it does work) but i noticed that many times fw flash don't go right and usually something is missing, like in your case not working number setting, re-flash usually helps. However, it is quite useless function because there is only russian letters available. :?
Night mode do not mean only led's, you can't see nothing at night without night mode, and i cut those led wires so they don't produce heat, since they are useless in any other way.
Night shootings can't be that bad without the night mode. I must compare. :) Here is the video. It is a bit darker. I didn't do brightness adjust (I'm not even sure if there is one). Shootings are clear enough to me but I care about your opinions though. :)

http://youtu.be/M0yBVsBLrVA

V8Rocks said:
murathoca said:

A36Fi77.jpg

u8rQ4m7.jpg

It looks like old lens has correct focus settings. New one focused a little to close. It is possible I am referring to wrong lens, just to make sure the 123 snapshot looks better focus wise than 124.
You referred that correctly mate. :) Those photos were taken before I had adjusted the focus. They were for shooting angle only. I adjusted the focus afterwards. Check the video I uploaded to YouTube please. ;) Thanks for your comments.

murathoca said:
Night shootings can't be that bad without the night mode. I must compare. :) Here is the video. It is a bit darker. I didn't do brightness adjust (I'm not even sure if there is one). Shootings are clear enough to me but I care about your opinions though. :)

Based on video it looks good. I assume you use max 12Mbps to help with wider frame.

murathoca said:

Looks good.
There is that EV setting, change it to +0,3 and see what it does.

V8Rocks said:
murathoca said:

Based on video is look good. I assume you use max 12Mbps to help with wider frame.
I don't even know how to do that. :oops: I didn't notice such a setting in the menu. :?

Sabe said:
murathoca said:

Looks good.
I'm going out right now to get the camera and I'll do what you said Sabe. I'll let you know the result. Thanks... :roll:

Edit: Sabe, you're great my friend! It changed magically. I'm now uploading the new video...

murathoca said:
Sabe said:
murathoca said:

Looks good.
I'm going out right now to get the camera and I'll do what you said Sabe. I'll let you know the result. Thanks... :roll:

Edit: Sabe, you're great my friend! It changed magically. I'm now uploading the new video...
Here is the video with EV +0.3

http://youtu.be/2_ySjDg56bI

javr said:
On my cam, too ?

You see that option if it's there.
Many people can have new settings by installing new firmware,
but since there is so many models of gs1000 there is no 100% guarantee that it works on your gs1000.
And usually, if it doesn't work camera will be broken/dead for good.

If you tell details of your camera i can maybe help you deciding, but ultimately you take the risk.
What you can have with new firmware?
Higher video stream = better image quality.
Automatic time setting via gps.
EV setting.
Those are the most useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back